ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kakaman

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Kakaman » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:51 pm

Sweetlarkee wrote:
UksvMay wrote:Hey,
Received my passport. Visa was granted alhamdulillah.
Don't know what is happening to my documents in Sheffield
Hey how long did it take from the day your decision was made until you were contacted for collection?
Yeah that's really the problem I haven't got a call or email to receive my passport since 11th july

MW786
Newly Registered

Post by MW786 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:14 pm

Kakaman wrote:
SimonS wrote:My wife was contacted by email on Saturday from Sheffield telling us a decision had been made. Friday was working day 58 since biometrics and they had never returned any of my documents. Today, I got my documents back, 60 working days since biometrics and 51 working days since they received them.

When I twice contacted them by phone I was told I could not have my documents returned during the assessment process. As to the email system and the information the 3rd party can see, it's all generic replies. They can only see, waiting to be assessed by ECO, open (on hold), awaiting decision, decided.

My wife has still not received an invitation to collect her passport and the TLScontact VAC tracker does not yet show that a decision has been made even though the UK online tracker says decided since 13th July and the TLS tracker is part of the priority service for which we paid. Note, the UK online tracker only worked for the first time on Saturday, prior to that it never recognised the GWF or IHS. When it did work, it stated decision made on 13th July even though on 13th July it did not work!?!?

One word - Chaos.

Please note, our application was priority and we never received the on-hold email. I'm answering the specific question about the documents and 3rd party from my experience. Also from my experience, there is absolutely no point wasting your money by emailing or calling them until you get to the published time limits for decision of 60 or 90 working days depending upon whether you applied by standard or priority and from which jurisdiction. At that point you can request an escalation. That is what I was told on the second occasion I called them.

Simon did u got the collection call or email its been 12 working days for me since decided no update :(
Does it means I haven't got the visa that's why they making delay

How long does priority service take

bahadar
Newly Registered

Post by bahadar » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:37 pm

Hi all,

Could you please reply my questions or someone else in this forum , will be much appreciated.
1- if they refuse application how long does it take to get IHS FEE back ?
2- how they refund I mean into the same card used for the payment ?
3- or any other way ?

Please reply ,

Co-operation will be much appreciated

Geet1328 wrote:At Geet1328 is your application on hold or awaiting decision. There is a huge difference. My husband application is on hold and I have not received supporting documents back

Since a month it is showing " awaiting decision " status has not changed ever since .. that's the reason I fear whether they have even opened my application .... neither have they send my documents back which means they have not touched my file to scan my documents and send it back to me ... done know totally confused and highly frustrated[/quote][/quote]

Sweetlarkee

Post by Sweetlarkee » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:08 pm

Kakaman wrote:
Sweetlarkee wrote:
UksvMay wrote:Hey,
Received my passport. Visa was granted alhamdulillah.
Don't know what is happening to my documents in Sheffield
Hey how long did it take from the day your decision was made until you were contacted for collection?
Yeah that's really the problem I haven't got a call or email to receive my passport since 11th july
Where have you applied from?

Drshaan
Newly Registered

Post by Drshaan » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:27 am

Sunni0 wrote:Hi Everyone,

This is my latest correspondence letter with my MP following the on hold response.

"Thank you for contacting me for an update on your spouse's visa application. I have made enquires on your behalf to the Home Office. They have stated that due to the Supreme Court judgement on minimum income thresholds, many cases were put on hold. These cases will now be resumed from the 10th of August, and I have been told that you should expect a decision a few weeks after this date.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further queries or if you do not hear from the Home Office four weeks after the 10th of August."

I still don't know why it was put on hold in the first place as I do not fall in to that category for this to be put on hold in the first place. I wouldn't hope on trying to get a straight answer from the H.O. At least we know these will be processed after the 10th Aug.

who is MP and how they contant HOME office on hehalf of us ?

Sunni0

Post by Sunni0 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:48 am

Drshaan wrote:
Sunni0 wrote:Hi Everyone,

This is my latest correspondence letter with my MP following the on hold response.

"Thank you for contacting me for an update on your spouse's visa application. I have made enquires on your behalf to the Home Office. They have stated that due to the Supreme Court judgement on minimum income thresholds, many cases were put on hold. These cases will now be resumed from the 10th of August, and I have been told that you should expect a decision a few weeks after this date.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further queries or if you do not hear from the Home Office four weeks after the 10th of August."

I still don't know why it was put on hold in the first place as I do not fall in to that category for this to be put on hold in the first place. I wouldn't hope on trying to get a straight answer from the H.O. At least we know these will be processed after the 10th Aug.

who is MP and how they contant HOME office on hehalf of us ?

You can contact your local MP. They will contact Home Office on behalf of you for a update.

Jllc
Newly Registered

Post by Jllc » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:26 am

We are also still waiting a decision on my husbands settlement visa: outside of UK. Australian/New Zealand nationality. I as my husbands wife is his sponsor (British). we have a daughter aged 3 also British. i would love to know if anyone is in a similar situation. I have lived in Australia for 10 years with him.

BIO's and application made 8th FEB '17, Sydney
Submitted to Sheffield 17th Feb '17
Application on the basis i had a job here in Australia (which i have had for 6 years) and that i had a job offer in the Uk (18.6k or over Yes). There was a delay in myself obtaining my job in the UK (3 months) and i could not get a letter of contract to HO until 12JUNE.
12th June : Last piece of supporting documentation submitted.
job Start day 24th of July. I wrote to request to depart 13th of July. NO REPLY.
12 June : status changed to all documents received."awaiting a decision"
3 July : Escalation sent (advised to wait 14 Days)
14 July: Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay, your application has been escalated to a manager for consideration. As soon as we are able to complete the application we will contact you on the email address you provided within your application. Kind Regards UKVI Contact Centre Service- Decision making centre.

We are getting worried now, i already pushed my start date back with my UK job to 14AUG but now will not be able to make that date. I don't know how long they will let me extend until.

I have been told by the advise centre that I am british i can go and start my job. Oh yes i will just quit my Job take my child and leave my husband and go to the UK. What happens if his visa is denied... I'd have to come back to Australia. Its so crazy and cruel, for HO to set this difficult criteria and not to give you any indication of how long it will take. i just don't know what to do. I have since made x4 more escalations on Wednesday. thats another 14 days to wait for a reply. I have stopped calling the call centre as i just get nowhere.

I have contacted my UK MP and they have written a letter to the HO. It takes x3 weeks for them to reply but apparently they have to reply to them. i am not sure if it ill do any good but at least i know i have tried anything.

Any comments or advise welcome even though i know it will be a sit an wait situation. :(
Sorry for the Long post..

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:23 am

Application Category: Spouse () Priority
Application Submitted Online: 10-may-2017
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location):Mirpur ajk
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Date) 11-may-2017
Application Forwarded To British High Commission On : 11-may-2017.

Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On : 15-may-2017.
Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield On : 18-may-2017
Sponsor Contacted By UKVI (if applicable):
Status check 30/05/2017:
Not yet assessed by ECO
Status check again 8-06-2017: Waiting for decision

Decision Made (As Per Covering Letter Issued By Home Office) : Still Waiting
Contacted For Collection :
Collection Made :
Decision Of Application :
Validity Of Visa:

My husband just received an email saying that the case is not straightforward how long would they take now and did anybody else get this email recently ?? Sooo worried plz help... its soo stupid of them to do this we wer on our 56th working day they had 2 months to send this email but they send it now near enough 60 working days

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:32 am

Ish21 wrote:
My husband just received an email saying that the case is not straightforward how long would they take now and did anybody else get this email recently ?? Sooo worried plz help... its soo stupid of them to do this we wer on our 56th working day they had 2 months to send this email but they send it now near enough 60 working days
This is standard practice, they are just letting you know that you will not get a decision within the 60 day standard service standard. A vast majority of people get visas after this but the timeline becomes less certain... as theoretically the next milestone in terms of service standards is 120 days... so a decision may come soon but may take a few more months.. what the decision is cannot be judged based on this email from them.

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:37 am

This is standard practice, they are just letting you know that you will not get a decision within the 60 day standard service standard. A vast majority of people get visas after this but the timeline becomes less certain... as theoretically the next milestone in terms of service standards is 120 days... so a decision may come soon but may take a few more months.. what the decision is cannot be judged based on this email from them.

Some people iv seen who have got this email still received a updated on the online tracker as application decided within 2 -5 days after the email, so scared

bahadar
Newly Registered

Post by bahadar » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:21 am

Hi all,

Could you please reply my questions or someone else in this forum , will be much appreciated.
3- or any other way ?

Please reply ,

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:27 am

bahadar wrote:Hi all,

3- or any other way ?

Please reply ,

Have you tried emailing them ? To ask these questions

bahadar
Newly Registered

Post by bahadar » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:43 pm

Geet1328 wrote:

3- or any other way ?

Please reply ,

Have you tried emailing them ? To ask these questions

Hi ,

I haven't send them email asking regarding my questions and you know the reason .
they long time and don't answer properly even we pay them for the emails.
I prefer to ask people here because its quick and more reliable rather than home office .

hope someone will reply soon ,
regards.

bahadar
Newly Registered

Post by bahadar » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:44 pm

Hi all,

3- or any other way ?

Please reply ,

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:03 pm

Who else applied in may 2017??

cutiieepiie
Newly Registered

Post by cutiieepiie » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:11 pm

3- or any other way ?

Please reply ,

Hi Bahadar,

Sometimes you can get the IHS fee back before application is rejected like a week or 2 before. Sometimes after few weeks.
This will be refunded straight in to the account that was used at the time of payment

Hope this helps.

Misskatie

Post by Misskatie » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:12 pm

Ish21 wrote:Who else applied in may 2017??
My partner did. Online application submitted April 18, but biometrics & visa appointment in Lima May 5th. Currently on hold

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:22 pm

We sent the online application on 10th may my husbands biometric was on 11th (pakistan,Mirpur) and he got an sms saying theyv received the application on 12th may but yesterday it was our 56th working day which usually some wer getting their decisions made but they sent my husband a not straightforward case email, i wonder how long their gna take now ...soo sad

bahadar
Newly Registered

Post by bahadar » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:40 pm

cutiieepiie wrote:

3- or any other way ?

Please reply ,

Hi Bahadar,

Sometimes you can get the IHS fee back before application is rejected like a week or 2 before. Sometimes after few weeks.
This will be refunded straight in to the account that was used at the time of payment

Hope this helps.

Hi cutiieepiie,

Thanks for the reply,

How come to get IHS fee back before the application is rejected .

The reason I was asking to confirm this statement that people getting IHS fee back at the same time of rejection .

Could you please confirm

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:58 pm

'MissKatie'

If yu dont mind can yu send a copy of the on hold email you got from ukvi

Misskatie

Post by Misskatie » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:02 pm

Ish21 wrote:'MissKatie'

If yu dont mind can yu send a copy of the on hold email you got from ukvi

Dear applicant,

Following a Supreme Court judgment on Wednesday 22 February 2017, the Home Office has paused decision-making on some applications under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules. The applications affected are those failing to meet the minimum income requirement for a spouse/partner visa and Appendix FM applications falling for refusal which involve a child.

The reason for this pause is to enable the Home Office to consider the implications of the judgment. All other applications will continue to be decided as normal.

As a result UKVI is currently unable to process your application and your documents are being returned whilst this pause is in place. If you submitted a passport with your application, this will be returned to you under separate cover through the Visa Application Centre where you applied.

As soon as we are able to conclude your application we will contact you on the email address you provided within your application.

Kind regards
UKVI Bogota

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:48 pm

Thank you, and yu are still waiting for a decision to be made since this email? My application was soo close to 60 days but they sent case not straight forward email yesterday hopefully they dont take too long

Misskatie

Post by Misskatie » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:35 pm

Ish21 wrote:Thank you, and yu are still waiting for a decision to be made since this email? My application was soo close to 60 days but they sent case not straight forward email yesterday hopefully they dont take too long
Welcome! My partner got the exact same email originally on May 18th, 13 days after he submitted docs & biometrics. Then again on Thursday - I think he received the duplicate because it was coming up to the 60 day mark and they were just reminding him that he won't get a decision within the usual service level times. We've pretty much given up hope of getting a decision until after the new rules come into play on August 10th. But even then they have to get through the 5k plus applications on hold, so probably more like September/October time. HO are a total disgrace treating people this way

cutiieepiie
Newly Registered

Post by cutiieepiie » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:05 pm

bahadar wrote:
cutiieepiie wrote:

3- or any other way ?

Please reply ,

Hi Bahadar,

Hope this helps.

Hi cutiieepiie,

Thanks for the reply,

How come to get IHS fee back before the application is rejected .

The reason I was asking to confirm this statement that people getting IHS fee back at the same time of rejection .

Could you please confirm
Hi,

No I mean sometimes when they have rejected an application they can refund the IHS pay straightaway. However, they may call you for collection of the passport after 2 or 3 weeks (I know this by personal experience). However, sometimes they can refund after you have received your passport and decision.

Nkj007
Newly Registered

Post by Nkj007 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:30 pm

HI

i Have applied for my wife spouse visa from islamabad.
Biometric submission 21 july
Docs received by sheffield 24th july
But i have not yet heard anything like acknowledgement of receiving docs from UKVI by email.
When does the email normally arrives?