ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Maryam1234
Newly Registered
Egypt

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Maryam1234 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:27 pm

givezemra wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:30 pm
I'm new to the board. Posting as it's taken a while for my husband's visa application to be processed so thought I'd have a google and I'm shocked. To be honest I'm sat here in tears because it seems like this could go on for months and months longer.

Application submitted online: 14/04/2017
Biometrics/documents submitted: 14/04/2017 (Tirana)
Email to say application is not straight forward: 17/07/2017
Email to say application on hold due to financial element: 17/07/2017
Email to MP: 17/07/2017
Reply from MP to say details sent to Home Office to investigate: 18/07/2017
Sponsors salary: £20k for first 3 months. £24k since
Married
2 British children from previous relationship

Any advice as to possible timescales would be really appreciated. I'm at my wits end, I miss my husband terribly and my children miss their step father.
I had my biometric appointment two days before you. And recieved onhold and not straightforward email on July aswell. Have you heard anything back from them.

Maryam1234
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Maryam1234 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:32 pm

Sydvir wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:26 pm
Maryam1234 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:15 pm
Sydvir wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:51 pm
Maryam1234 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:26 pm
Biometric enrolled: 12thapril
Sent documents to Sheffield: 20th April

Recieved email for ukvi not straightforward and onhold email: same day on 58 working days :(
Hi
Did u escalated your case?
No. I'm planning to email them this week.
Ok
And where did u apply from?
Did u received the hold email?
Did u applied under salaried employment ?
I applied from Egypt
I recieved the onhold and not straightforward email.
I am exempt from meeting the financial requirements as I am caring for someone and working part time.

ixy7799

Post by ixy7799 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:40 pm

Please let us know how you get on??

Has your application been "awaiting decision for an excessive time too?
Sunni0 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:30 pm
High Court action is being taken against H.O by my lawyer. I'm awaiting response now.

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

Post by MrClientServer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:28 pm

Sunni0 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:30 pm
High Court action is being taken against H.O by my lawyer. I'm awaiting response now.
Hi Sunni,
How are you? No msgs posted by you from long time. Good man. finally you made a big move by moving to high court. Could u please tell me on what grounds your lawyer filed the case. Obviously on Decision delay but if you can provide more details then I ll also engage a lawyer.

Recently i have engaged a lawyer and sent a letter to HO asking the reason for delay but NO response from HO. So I am thinking to move to higher step but dont stuck how to move and where to move.

Now its been 8 months 12 days over since i have applied.

givezemra
Newly Registered

Post by givezemra » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:21 pm

Maryam1234 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:27 pm
givezemra wrote:
I'm new to the board. Posting as it's taken a while for my husband's visa application to be processed so thought I'd have a google and I'm shocked. To be honest I'm sat here in tears because it seems like this could go on for months and months longer.

Married

Any advice as to possible timescales would be really appreciated. I'm at my wits end, I miss my husband terribly and my children miss their step father.
I had my biometric appointment two days before you. And recieved onhold and not straightforward email on July aswell. Have you heard anything back from them.

Hello

I emailed the mp on 18th July and received a response last week saying that they were looking to refuse my husband's visa but because of the Supreme Court judgement, they had to consider the implications of the refusal on my children. So they will look at again in due course. I think it will be another 12 weeks maximum from when the hold was lifted. That seems to be the general consensus.

There is someone that has posted on here who submitted their biometrics in March, received on hold email in June/July and visa was granted last week. So I'm praying that they're working through the held applications quickly.

Where have you applied from?

Maryam1234
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Maryam1234 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:44 pm

givezemra wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:21 pm
Maryam1234 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:27 pm
givezemra wrote:

Married

Hello

I emailed the mp on 18th July and received a response last week saying that they were looking to refuse my husband's visa but because of the Supreme Court judgement, they had to consider the implications of the refusal on my children. So they will look at again in due course. I think it will be another 12 weeks maximum from when the hold was lifted. That seems to be the general consensus.

There is someone that has posted on here who submitted their biometrics in March, received on hold email in June/July and visa was granted last week. So I'm praying that they're working through the held applications quickly.

Where have you applied from?
I applied from Egypt. Im sooo stressed. I hope we hear from them soon.

JET
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by JET » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:48 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:48 am
SimonS wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:Hi all ,
Can anyone please advice what do you mean when they say " your application is being considered and is awaiting approval "

I asked about my application status and that's the reply I got

Hi all
Can anyone call please answer my query
Hi All,
I got this same response early hours of this morning from an inquiry my husband and I sent in on Sunday. My application is from 22/06/2017 which was day I went in for biometrics. This is very frustrating as you wait all this time to message them and receive a mail with many words that tell you absolutely nothing :-(

Emm
Newly Registered

Post by Emm » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:17 am

THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING
We received our decision email and went to collect our passport but there was no decision,there was no vignette in passport and no refusal letter ,no stamp ,just the documents
The worse thing is that I am the sponsor,I live here in uk but they sent my passport with my hubby's passport to Africa,I sent two prepaid envelopes to Sheffield for my documents to return back to my uk address . I escalated this case on Friday but I have not heard anything from Sheffield.Even if it was a refusal,we still need the decision letter ?And I need my passport back .THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

Post by MrClientServer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:15 am

Hi EMM - I am so sorry to hear. I am completely shell shocked. But be positive. I think you will get through. Ok first of all did you checked your IHS (NHS) fees was credited back. the reason why I am asking is if HO denied visa then they will return the IHS fees. so might worth of checking that.

Emm
Newly Registered

Post by Emm » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:04 am

Yes ,I have checked,the IHS has not been refunded.Thank you

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:09 am

anni117 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:10 pm
ak80 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:53 pm
anni117 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:53 pm
anni117 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:30 pm

no literally nothing...
Hi ak80

i received not straight forward email today

Oh really
Let's hope they won't take longer to process not straightforward cases. This is my 31st week
:roll:
i received a phone call today of a with held number, thanks to this forum i was expecting all the questions asked, she then said there has been a delay and it shouldnt be too long till you get a reply... she then rang my employer, but he told me he missed it, not sure what will happen now

what date did you submit application?
Did your employer got call from HO?
And are you doing two jobs ?

anni117
Newly Registered

Post by anni117 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:15 am

Just one job.. and employer said he missed the call, but no calls yet after that. Kinda worried what will happen now..

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:34 am

anni117 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:15 am
Just one job.. and employer said he missed the call, but no calls yet after that. Kinda worried what will happen now..
Don't worry they will call your employer again.

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:38 am

anni117 wrote:

Hi anni117
When did you submit your application?

Hapats
Newly Registered

Post by Hapats » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:40 am

anni117 wrote:
Hi I am in your situation. I have 2 jobs they contacted my second employer then me. However I couldn't pick up as I had put my phone away because I was working at my main place of work. This was back in may. I called them emailed then and they answer I got was if the HO thinks they need to speak to you they will try again.

There should be nothing to be worried about because they spoke to you and if your answers matched the documents you submitted there shouldn't be any problems. If they need to get in touch with your employer then they will try again. Everything will should be fine

anni117
Newly Registered

Post by anni117 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:46 am

Hi guys,

i applied back in February, and just this week had some progress with a not straightforward email and call yesterday. i hope and pray you all have movement and good news on your cases too. Keep updating thanks

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:48 am

Hapats wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:40 am
anni117 wrote:
Hi I am in your situation. I have 2 jobs they contacted my second employer then me. However I couldn't pick up as I had put my phone away because I was working at my main place of work. This was back in may. I called them emailed then and they answer I got was if the HO thinks they need to speak to you they will try again.

There should be nothing to be worried about because they spoke to you and if your answers matched the documents you submitted there shouldn't be any problems. If they need to get in touch with your employer then they will try again. Everything will should be fine
Hi (hapats)
When did u applied?
Did u also got not straight forward email?

Hapats
Newly Registered

Post by Hapats » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:39 pm

Sydvir wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:48 am
Hapats wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:40 am
anni117 wrote:

Hi (hapats)
When did u applied?
Did u also got not straight forward email?
Hi I applied on 24th January. The biometric was done on 2nd of Feb. I got both case not straight forward and applications on hold emails at same time on the same day 6th May

anni117
Newly Registered

Post by anni117 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:04 pm

contact your MP, if you have not already. hope you hear something soon. After 90 working days you can legally go to your MP and they can send Home office a request about your application

Misskatie

Post by Misskatie » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:43 pm

Hi all. Just a quick update. I'm the sponsor for my Peruvian partner. His application was put on hold in May. Just now I got a call from the embassy in Bogotá where his application is being processed. They said they're starting to assess applications on hold now. The lady said My partners application didn't have any proof of income or savings (BS because I sent everything they asked, but whatever) So they're going to send me a link so I can forward the relevant documents so they can assess his application. Kinda frustrating, but also reassuring that they're starting to work through hold applications I guess.

Renim
Newly Registered

Post by Renim » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:07 pm

Hello friends ,

I applied for Flr (M) inside UK in 23rd Nov 2016. I received a "not straight forward" letter in march n then a letter where HO stated that there would be a decision by 17 June or else they will write me another letter if they need more time. I didn't get any decision yet nor a letter. I contacted them n I was told that these sorts of visa r paused. My question is even though I applied from here and we have shown £22,750 , is application paused as well ? If my one was paused then , have they started processing from 10th August ? Lastly, has anyone got any decision who applied in Nov 2016 ?

ixy7799

Post by ixy7799 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:34 pm

Hi,

That's such good news , I've more heard anything about my partners visa and his biometrics were enrolled on 1/5/17 in New Delhi.

Hope you get a positive decision soon.
Misskatie wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:43 pm
Hi all. Just a quick update. I'm the sponsor for my Peruvian partner. His application was put on hold in May. Just now I got a call from the embassy in Bogotá where his application is being processed. They said they're starting to assess applications on hold now. The lady said My partners application didn't have any proof of income or savings (BS because I sent everything they asked, but whatever) So they're going to send me a link so I can forward the relevant documents so they can assess his application. Kinda frustrating, but also reassuring that they're starting to work through hold applications I guess.

ixy7799

Post by ixy7799 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:48 pm

Hi,

Really hope you hear good news soon, I've been waiting since 1st of may and had no email
Or call from ukvi, although I received a missed call from a withheld number this morning ! Really hope they call back !
anni117 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:46 am
Hi guys,

i applied back in February, and just this week had some progress with a not straightforward email and call yesterday. i hope and pray you all have movement and good news on your cases too. Keep updating thanks

Renim
Newly Registered

Post by Renim » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:25 pm

I applied for Flr (M) inside UK in 23rd Nov 2016. I received a "not straight forward" letter in march n then a letter where HO stated that there would be a decision by 17 June or else they will write me another letter if they need more time. I didn't get any decision yet nor a letter. I contacted them n I was told that these sorts of visa r paused. My question is even though I applied from here and we have shown £22,750 , is application paused as well ? If my one was paused then , have they started processing from 10th August ? Lastly, has anyone got any decision who applied in Nov 2016 ?

Samundri kings
Newly Registered

Post by Samundri kings » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:45 pm

Renim wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:07 pm
Hello friends ,

Hi there.
I'm also in same boat. Applied on 7th of feb and in May they sent me A letter which states we'll decide by 14thof july. Since then nothing:(