ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Noshr67
Mood:

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Noshr67 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:31 am

Total of 47 WD
10 weeks including non working days
17 working days OVER the priority 6 weeks timescale but Alhamdulillah still

ElizaK

Post by ElizaK » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:35 am

Noshr67 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:23 am
Application online: 5 november 2019
Biometrics: 7 november 2019
Priority application: yes
Called premium number on 11 december 2019 - told awaiting decision.
2nd call to premium number 16 december 2019 - told awaiting decision
Not straight forward email: 17 december 2019 (day 28 of 30)
Escellated via phone: 19 december 2019 (day 30 of 30)
Email recieved back: 20 december 2019 saying mandatory checks and further extended checks needed on my application and no time can be given as to when application will be decided

16 january 2020 email and txt to say visa application has been processed and collect passport

17 january 2020 passport collected

VISA GRANTED
Alhamdulillah

I am so happy and relieved as I was expecting a disappointment but allah did not let me down

Wishing u all the very best and praying 4 u girls ms1993 Eliza Razia and many others I hope u guys too get the reply soon

Lesson to be learnt: dont let the not straight forward email make u lose hope!
Alhamdulilah big congratulations Nosh💖 extremely happy for youu! Finally, the stress of waiting is off your head. May god shower his blessings upon you
Remember us all your prayers too x

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:51 am

Noshr67 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:31 am
Total of 47 WD
10 weeks including non working days
17 working days OVER the priority 6 weeks timescale but Alhamdulillah still
Told you Nosh! So so happy for you. Congratulations. Good luck in your new journey xxx

Alinakhan
Mood:

Post by Alinakhan » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:55 am

Noshr67 wrote:
Email recieved back: 20 december 2019 saying mandatory checks and further extended checks needed on my application and no time can be given as to when application will be decided

16 january 2020 email and txt to say visa application has been processed and collect passport

VISA GRANTED
Alhamdulillah

I am so happy and relieved as I was expecting a disappointment but allah did not let me down

Wishing u all the very best and praying 4 u girls ms1993 Eliza Razia and many others I hope u guys too get the reply soon

That’s amazing congratulations😁 may allah give us all good news sooon, true Allah is the GREATEST, and we should never lose hope and trust in Allah SWT.

UtterlyBrilliant
San Marino

Post by UtterlyBrilliant » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:02 am

Noshr67 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:28 am
Rkhan1 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:10 am
Allhumduillah I knew it would all be ok! We have hope too now Allhumduillah! sooooo happy for you Nosh. Allhumduillah. Never loose hope in Allah plans❤️
Yes Alhamdulillah my wait is over and feeling so lucky
No call to employer or myself
We did contact MP on monday but obviously nothing had even been started from MP and we got the reply back without MP actually having to get involved

Alhamdulillah
MashAllah congrats. Can I ask who your employer is? Not necessarily the name, but I'm trying to determine whether there is a pattern in regards to the type of employers they call (big, public organisations or just small family run businesses etc).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:15 am

UtterlyBrilliant wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:02 am
Noshr67 wrote:
Rkhan1 wrote:
Allhumduillah I knew it would all be ok! We have hope too now Allhumduillah! sooooo happy for you Nosh. Allhumduillah. Never loose hope in Allah plans❤️
We did contact MP on monday but obviously nothing had even been started from MP and we got the reply back without MP actually having to get involved

Alhamdulillah
MashAllah congrats. Can I ask who your employer is? Not necessarily the name, but I'm trying to determine whether there is a pattern in regards to the type of employers they call (big, public organisations or just small family run businesses etc).
Please do NOT ask members to post names of organisations/employers. It is NOT permitted.

Any employer can be called, makes no difference who the employer is.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:30 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:15 am
UtterlyBrilliant wrote:
Noshr67 wrote:
Rkhan1 wrote:

Alhamdulillah
Please do NOT ask members to post names of organisations/employers. It is NOT permitted.

Any employer can be called, makes no difference who the employer is.
Utterly brilliant has said not necessarily the name so they were not asking me to post names. Just wanted to know what type of organisation it was.

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:34 am

UtterlyBrilliant wrote:
Noshr67 wrote:
Rkhan1 wrote:

Alhamdulillah
My employers a big organisation well known public... I gave a letter about my contract start date, contract minimum hours x rate of pay which was on official letter head with company logo and written by payroll team

And my solictor always told me my employers will not get a call as they are a big known company so there wont be any doubts on my employment especially with money being paid into my bank by them and my wage slips and contract letter

Guess he was right
Although anyone can be called for confirmation of employment I really feel personally that big well known companies have slimmer chance of suspicion

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:44 am

Thank u so much ladies! ❤❤❤❤
I'll still be on here keeping an eye on your visas and pray the torture is over for u guys soon too in sha allah

Do dua 2 allah .. he will accept in sha allah

To any future or present people awaiting their decisions:

:My not straight forward email has vaf number on it which is also on my husbands passport now
Dont lose hope after the not straight forward email
Priority is a gamble. Theres alot of cases who have got their replies faster than I did without paying priority
But having said that i also feel i got quick reply after not straight forward email cz of priority but guess that's something we will never know

I've always said my case is straight forward apart from age gap but of course age cant be discriminated against so I feel personally me receiving case not straight forward email was just automatic as they didnt complete my case in the 6 week time so I got sent that email instead

I got email for passport collection from what looked like a weird email
Said dear applicant
No name
No GWF number no reference number on it yet we still received the visa Alhamdulillah so plz dont let anyone scare you into thinking the email isnt personal or hasnt for gwf so must be rejected

UtterlyBrilliant
San Marino

Post by UtterlyBrilliant » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:09 am

Hi CR001

As I said, it wasn't the name of the employer I was after. Obviously, HO reserve the right to contact any employer when assessing an application and there wouldn't be objections to this from me. However, as we all know, policy and practice are sometimes different. I've also been advised that bigger, more public organisations aren't usually contacted, especially as compared to smaller, family run businesses. It was just the validity of this claim that I was trying to verify.

Thanks and congrats again noshr67.

AS4LYF
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by AS4LYF » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:45 am

Noshr67 wrote:

VISA GRANTED
Alhamdulillah

Alhamdullillaah, all good things come to those who wait. Congratulations and may Allaah bless you both with a happy successful married life.
Just a quick question, where did you apply from? Mirpur or Islamabad
It seems that everybody is getting replies from Islamabad which makes perfect sense as the Mirpur centre is currently closed.
Any updates for YazyLat, ElizaK and ms1993 and where did you guys apply from, I know ms1993 applied from Islamabad.
On a side note I also escalated again (2nd time) yesterday and was told the usual 15 working days timeline.
Timeline so far:
Biometrics – 23rd July 2019
Mirpur, Pakistan
Non-priority
Not straightforward email: 10th October 2019 (after 56 working days)
1st escalation: 6th November 2019 (75 working days)
2nd escalation: 16th January 2020 (123 working days)
I honestly have no idea what is taking so long, the only thing I can think of is that because the Mirpur centre is closed, all the paperwork has been transferred to Islamabad and because I did not pay priority that is why my case (if…) is towards the bottom of the list under all the priority cases.

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:15 am

AS4LYF wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:45 am
Noshr67 wrote:

VISA GRANTED
Alhamdulillah

Alhamdullillaah, all good things come to those who wait. Congratulations and may Allaah bless you both with a happy successful married life.
Just a quick question, where did you apply from? Mirpur or Islamabad
It seems that everybody is getting replies from Islamabad which makes perfect sense as the Mirpur centre is currently closed.
Any updates for YazyLat, ElizaK and ms1993 and where did you guys apply from, I know ms1993 applied from Islamabad.
On a side note I also escalated again (2nd time) yesterday and was told the usual 15 working days timeline.
Timeline so far:
Biometrics – 23rd July 2019
Mirpur, Pakistan
Non-priority
Not straightforward email: 10th October 2019 (after 56 working days)
1st escalation: 6th November 2019 (75 working days)
2nd escalation: 16th January 2020 (123 working days)
I honestly have no idea what is taking so long, the only thing I can think of is that because the Mirpur centre is closed, all the paperwork has been transferred to Islamabad and because I did not pay priority that is why my case (if…) is towards the bottom of the list under all the priority cases.
We applied from Islamabad
In sha allah I pray 4 all of u that u hear something soon but you are on a crazy timeline

Plz get your MP involved... not saying this will get you an answer but will urge them to look at your case again and make a move

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:34 pm

Noshr67 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:44 am
Thank u so much ladies! ❤❤❤❤
I'll still be on here keeping an eye on your visas and pray the torture is over for u guys soon too in sha allah

Do dua 2 allah .. he will accept in sha allah

To any future or present people awaiting their decisions:

:My not straight forward email has vaf number on it which is also on my husbands passport now
Dont lose hope after the not straight forward email
Priority is a gamble. Theres alot of cases who have got their replies faster than I did without paying priority
But having said that i also feel i got quick reply after not straight forward email cz of priority but guess that's something we will never know

I've always said my case is straight forward apart from age gap but of course age cant be discriminated against so I feel personally me receiving case not straight forward email was just automatic as they didnt complete my case in the 6 week time so I got sent that email instead

I got email for passport collection from what looked like a weird email
Said dear applicant
No name
No GWF number no reference number on it yet we still received the visa Alhamdulillah so plz dont let anyone scare you into thinking the email isnt personal or hasnt for gwf so must be rejected
Nosh this was a question I was going to ask you - whether or not the VAF number matched anything!
So it matched your husband’s sticker?

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:41 pm

On his passport theres a shiny sticker on side and near it says uk entry clearance
Then other side it says valid from then valid until
Then under that it says VAF no and it's the same number as the email

But again this could mean anything
Could just be a number assigned for the visa regardless of approval or rejection

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:07 pm

Noshr67 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:41 pm
On his passport theres a shiny sticker on side and near it says uk entry clearance

Could just be a number assigned for the visa regardless of approval or rejection
The reason I’m curious is because I’ve googled so many options of VAF and even on this forum, some people suggested it’s the same 7 digit number as is on the passport when it is accepted but of course we can only assume that once I receive our decision too

If anyone else had this where they received VAF and it matched the ref on the passport - it would be good to know

MrWorldWide
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by MrWorldWide » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:20 pm

Hi,

Is there anyone here that submitted the application in December 2019 e.g. the Biometrics done in December 2019. I have a few questions for you:

1. Has the home office contacted you in anyway e.g..email or phone call?
2. Have you recieved the eco considering your application email?
3. How many working days has it been since your Biometrics?

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:38 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:07 pm
Noshr67 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:41 pm

The reason I’m curious is because I’ve googled so many options of VAF and even on this forum, some people suggested it’s the same 7 digit number as is on the passport when it is accepted but of course we can only assume that once I receive our decision too

If anyone else had this where they received VAF and it matched the ref on the passport - it would be good to know
But then that would suggest that they already have decided to grant the visa but are making us wait for no reason

Lind
Israel

Post by Lind » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:08 pm

MrWorldWide wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:20 pm
Hi,

Is there anyone here that submitted the application in December 2019 e.g. the Biometrics done in December 2019. I have a few questions for you:

Hey,
Me.
1.Nobody contacted..
2. Yes
3. 20 working days

Did you got any emails or calls?

MrWorldWide
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by MrWorldWide » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:16 pm

Lind wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:08 pm
MrWorldWide wrote:
Hi,

Hey,
Me.
1.Nobody contacted..
2. Yes
3. 20 working days

Hey,

No I haven't recieved anything, no email or phone call. I applied using priority and its been 12 working days now. Did you also use priority service?

Lind
Israel

Post by Lind » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:48 pm

MrWorldWide wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:16 pm
Lind wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:08 pm
MrWorldWide wrote:
Hi,

Hey,
Me.
1.Nobody contacted..
2. Yes
3. 20 working days

Hey,

No I haven't recieved anything, no email or phone call. I applied using priority and its been 12 working days now. Did you also use priority service?
Yes.. priority too.
Hopefully we will get this visa!
I’m in stress and can’t wait!!

Rkhan1
Newly Registered

Post by Rkhan1 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:52 pm

Rkhan1 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:27 pm
Raziakhan wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:42 pm
Second time applying. (We have a baby boy, he’s 1 year and 4 months)

Priority Spouse Visa -( Husband from Pakistan)

Online App Submitted: 19th / November/ 2019

Supporting Docs Scanned in : 28th / November/ 2019

Biometrics Done on : 28th / November/ 2019

Thankyou Email Received for online application - 28th / November- 2019

Missed a call from HO - 7th January 2020
(Voicemail saying she will call back tomorrow)

Received email saying “NOT STRAIGHT FORWARD” - 8th January 2020

It’s now 13th January and no call - I called the visa phone number and they said decision still waiting and someone will call back. Hope to hear soon. It’s been 6 weeks since we have summited.

Anyone in the same boat ?! I have my phone with me 24/7!! Just waiting for the call 🙄
Update to my timeline above (Raziakhan)

Update

Received at call from Home office on the Tuesday 14th January. She rang me at 8am / lasted around 8/10 mins
Asking about my job. Just to verify everything. She was really nice. Allhumduillah.

on the same day she rung my office but our manager wasn’t available to speak and the worker that picked up said ‘ yes she does work here, but I’m not the right person to answer your questions’ and gave her manger personal mobile number’

Now we are waiting for the home office to call manager. Inshallah they call him soon so we can get a decision.

Please pray for me!!
Update -

Escalated by phone on 16th January. As we have passed the priority time frame of 30 days.

And today 17th January I’ve received an email saying -

Dear ......

Regarding Visa Application: .....
For .......

Thank you for your enquiry received 16 January 2020 regarding your visa application.

I can confirm that a decision was made on your application, today, 17 January 2020. You may have already been notified of the decision and will be contacted again within the next few days, regarding the return of your documents. However, it is not recommended that you make travel arrangements prior to receiving a decision on your application.

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so we would be grateful if you could complete our customer contact survey by visiting https://www.homeofficesurveys.homeoffic ... k/s/2DT8W/

That’s the e-mail I have received.

I’m very nervous and now just waiting for the message to come for us pick up passport.

Please pray for me guys, need the Dua’s ❤️

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:56 pm

Rkhan1 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:52 pm
Rkhan1 wrote:
Raziakhan wrote:

It’s now 13th January and no call - I called the visa phone number and they said decision still waiting and someone will call back. Hope to hear soon. It’s been 6 weeks since we have summited.

Anyone in the same boat ?! I have my phone with me 24/7!! Just waiting for the call 🙄

Update

Received at call from Home office on the Tuesday 14th January. She rang me at 8am / lasted around 8/10 mins
Asking about my job. Just to verify everything. She was really nice. Allhumduillah.

on the same day she rung my office but our manager wasn’t available to speak and the worker that picked up said ‘ yes she does work here, but I’m not the right person to answer your questions’ and gave her manger personal mobile number’

Now we are waiting for the home office to call manager. Inshallah they call him soon so we can get a decision.

Please pray for me!!
Update -

Escalated by phone on 16th January. As we have passed the priority time frame of 30 days.

Dear ......

For .......

Thank you for your enquiry received 16 January 2020 regarding your visa application.

I can confirm that a decision was made on your application, today, 17 January 2020. You may have already been notified of the decision and will be contacted again within the next few days, regarding the return of your documents. However, it is not recommended that you make travel arrangements prior to receiving a decision on your application.

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so we would be grateful if you could complete our customer contact survey by visiting https://www.homeofficesurveys.homeoffic ... k/s/2DT8W/

I’m very nervous and now just waiting for the message to come for us pick up passport.

Good luck in sha Allah ❤❤

MrWorldWide
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by MrWorldWide » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:05 pm

Does anyone know how long it takes between decision made and passport ready for collection? Any idea roughly how many days?

ElizaK

Post by ElizaK » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:06 pm

Rkhan1 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:52 pm
Rkhan1 wrote:
Raziakhan wrote:

Update

Please pray for me!!
Update -

Dear ......

For .......

Good luck! Inshallah all goes well, keep us updated x

Alinakhan
Mood:

Post by Alinakhan » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:38 pm

MrWorldWide wrote:
Hi,

I am employee in my brother small restaurant. my husband application was submitted on 11th December 2019 and half of the documents was submitted in December 2019 and some on the 6th January 2020, biometric was on the 7th January 2020 in Islamabad. We have not received any text or email. And we have not contact by home office yet. It’s been 9 working days today. May Allah success everyone application. 🤲🏻 Good luck