ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Title deed for accommodation proof - UK spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vtaneja

Title deed for accommodation proof - UK spouse visa

Post by vtaneja » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:21 pm

Hi All,

I am a British citizen and we applied for a spouse visa for my wife from New Delhi. Both of us will be travelling to UK once the visa is approved (fingers crossed). Right, here is my question:

We submitted the application online on 4th July and had her biometrics on 7th July at VFS Delhi. Since both of us are in India, we have couriered the documents to my friend in London who will then forward them on to the Sheffield PO Box.

As for accommodation proof, we have shown that we will be staying with our friend (the same one we have couriered the docs to) until we find suitable accommodation, which shouldn't take long since we lived in London for 6 years and would like to rent in the same place.

Anyway, the friend sent me an invitation letter, council tax bills, passport photocopy and the title deed printed online from landregistry website. I noticed only yesterday that the title deed download was from 2015. Since that download is 2 years old, I asked my friend to download a new one and then include it in our application before forwarding it to Sheffield. The new download has the date 11th July.

Since our application was submitted online on 4th July, will it be a problem submitting this title deed PDF dated 11th July. Or rather, will including the older download (2015) be a problem? Since the actual date of the deed does not change, does it matter when this PDF is downloaded from the landregistry website?

On a similar note, I have just received my latest bank statement (monthly), should I include that too (in addition to all the 6 month statements that I have already included)?

A little nervous about this so would appreciate some help. Thanks a lot!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Title deed for accommodation proof - UK spouse visa

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:23 pm

Usually only original paper documents are considered or the documents stamped & certified as original by issuing authority. Moreover, you will also need to show subsisting relationship evidences and have to meet financial threshold requirement by working/having savings etc.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

vtaneja

Post by vtaneja » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:51 pm

Hi,

It seems you didn't quite understand my question - perhaps I was not clear. Of course I am aware of the other documents (relationship, maintenance, english etc.) and all those are ready. What I really wanted to ask was if it's a problem that a document (in our case the title deed was printed off the landregistry site) has a date that is after the date of online submission of the application?

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:06 pm

Myself and a few friends have submitted 3/4 year old land registry documents.. was not a problem.

vtaneja

Post by vtaneja » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:10 pm

Thanks for that information :)

I had another question regarding the "Keep My Passport" service offered by VFS - has anyone used it for settlement applications? Also, is there an option to avail the service after you have submitted the passport?

I wasn't aware of this service when we went for the biometrics and the staff at VFS centre didn't mention anything about this - just found out about this today and wondering if it's possible to avail it now?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:21 pm

If land registry document 3-4 years older than how caseworker will know whether property stills owns by the person. I still think it should be the recent one and if someone got success then that shouldn't mean that other will succeed too with an older document. Usually documents should be original and not older than 28 days from application date.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

vtaneja

Post by vtaneja » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:31 pm

Hi Seagul,

Yes that was my concern. The first document was printed in 2015, so that is 2 years old. However, I submitted online application on 4th July.

But, before posting the documents to Sheffield today (11th July), I also included a latest printout of the deed (which is exactly the same as the one printed in 2015) also dated 11th July. I have sent both printouts to Sheffield. My question was whether the ECO will accept the document printed on 11th July given that the application was submitted online on 4th July. Any idea?

Also, any idea about the "keep your passport" service question I asked earlier?

Thanks a lot

vtaneja

Post by vtaneja » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:34 pm

Hi All,

So our application (my wife's application) was submitted online on 4th July, biometrics done on 7th July (at VFS Delhi - Passport kept by the staff to be forwarded to British High Commission), and the documents reached Sheffield on 14th July.

Both of us are in Delhi at the moment. Our jobs revolve around travelling. We have some work related travel coming up. Unfortunately we were not aware of the keep my passport service until a few days ago. We would like to get my wife's passport back from BHC temporarily so that we can go for this work trip. I tried contacting VFS, they said contact the UKVI enquiry centre. I spent the £5,48 and sent them an email, only to get a reply that get in touch with Visa Application Centre. I tried calling BHC Delhi but all the visa related messages are either automated or tell us to contact UKVI.

It's a bit frustrating to be thrown from one agency to other without anything beneficial coming out of it. I wish we knew about the keep my passport service before we went for biometrics, but unfortunately we can't undo that.

Would anyone know how to go about this? It's seriously become very difficult to get any helpful answer out of VFS/UKVI/BHC.

Any suggestions?

Thanks