ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online bank statement printed after submitting application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vtaneja

Online bank statement printed after submitting application

Post by vtaneja » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:48 pm

Hi Experts,

My mind is working in overdrive and am getting a bit nervous about this situation:

Online application submitted and payment made on 4th July
Biometrics on 7th July
I had to wait till 10th July to print statements for one of the cash savings sources - my Indian bank account. Statement is from 1st January to 10th July, so it covers the 6 months before the application date (4th July). The balance on all days of the statement is more than what is needed.

Documents were posted and received in Sheffield on 14th July.

Is the fact that the statement is from 1st January to 10th July going to be an issue?

I know I can't do much about this now as the documents are gone but it'd be nice to put the mind at ease.

Please advise.

Thanks a lot

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Re: Online bank statement printed after submitting applicati

Post by walker » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:14 pm

t shouldn't be an issue.

vtaneja

Post by vtaneja » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:44 pm

Cheers Walker!

Would be good to hear others' opinion too - perhaps someone with a first-hand experience?

Thanks a lot

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:24 pm

vtaneja wrote:Hi Experts,

My mind is working in overdrive and am getting a bit nervous about this situation:

Online application submitted and payment made on 4th July
Biometrics on 7th July
I had to wait till 10th July to print statements for one of the cash savings sources - my Indian bank account. Statement is from 1st January to 10th July, so it covers the 6 months before the application date (4th July). The balance on all days of the statement is more than what is needed.

Documents were posted and received in Sheffield on 14th July.

Is the fact that the statement is from 1st January to 10th July going to be an issue?

I know I can't do much about this now as the documents are gone but it'd be nice to put the mind at ease.

Please advise.

Thanks a lot
Did you request official printed statements from the bank or did you just print them out online?

You only need to send 6 months and the time period you have covered is over 6 months so this is fine.

You are also fine on the time taken to send vs biometrics date but they do ask for official statements. Whilst they have the discretion to accept online account printed statements they may query the statements if they are not from one of the larger internationally recognised banks.

If they are just online printed and they do query them, you will only be given about 10 working days to provide official statements so if they are not official, best to order them now. Just in case.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

vtaneja

Post by vtaneja » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:23 am

Hey Simon,

I did request official bank statements from this bank in India (it's one of the major banks in India), however they said they only print. So I just got them to print and stamp+sign each page of the statement.

We are also submitting statements from 2 other banks - both of these are in UK and we have submitted official statements for these accounts. It was only the Indian bank account where we could not get paper statements.

My concern was not so much about the time taken to send the documents after the biometrics, it was more about the online statement being printed on 10th July when the application was submitted online on 4th July. From the opinion on this post, it seems that should not be an issue as long as the statements cover the requisite 6 month period, which they do.

Cheers