ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Someone please put my mind at rest

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TAS01
Newly Registered

Applying for a spouse visa from Pakistan

Post by TAS01 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:40 am

Good Morning all,

So, we are finally this weekend about to submit our online application and book our appointment! I have a few last minute questions as I prepare my bundle. I would really appreciate if someone could take the time to answer.

1) I know I need to submit the VAFa2 Form. Do I also need to submit the VAF4A form or just the print out of the application form?

2) Do need to certify every page in my passport? Or just the Bio page, stamped pages etc? can I get this done at the Post Office?

I may have other questions later, but that's all I can think of now! Thanks Everyone.

taffet87
Pakistan

Re: Applying for a spouse visa from Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:13 am

1. Print online application form and also Appendix 2 on paper (appendix 2 will need to be filled in paper or using Adobe - not on website)

2. What is your nationality? If British then typically you don't need a certified copy of the passport but it is good practice I suppose to send a certified copy of the bio data/picture/signagure pages + if you have stamps showing visits to see your spouse then you may want to provide certified copies of those pages too..

If you are not british then you need to submit certified copies of above + also biometric card

TAS01
Newly Registered

Post by TAS01 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:19 am

I'm British, so thanks i'll just get the main pages of my passport certified (Just to be on the safe side)

So I definitely don't need VAF4A form? So who is that supposed to be for? If others who have experience let me know I would really appreciate it!

TAS01
Newly Registered

Post by TAS01 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:54 pm

Sorry Just bumping this thread again as im sooo confused.

Ive had a look at the gov website and its says both the VAFa2 Form and the Appendix 2 are for north korea only. :?

Can someone please help? or provide a link to the appropriate gov webpage?

Thank you in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:08 pm

The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

TAS01
Newly Registered

Post by TAS01 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:16 pm

Thank you for posting that link, but im still none the wiser!! :(

I need to know do i need the online print off of our application + the appendix 2 + the VAfa2 form?

Do i need all 3 or just the online from print out and the appendix 2.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-vaf4a

the above link says both forms are for North Korea Only! so confusing to say the least,

Sorry to keep posting and pestering everyone!!

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:35 pm

VAF4a is the online form which you will print and sign *applicant*. Appendix2 needs to be filled manually. Both the forms will then be send to Sheffield with all paperwork.

Online form signed copy needs to be taken to biometrics appointment along with passport , payment receipts and appointment letter.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

TAS01
Newly Registered

Online Visa Application form

Post by TAS01 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:15 am

I am the Sponsor and will be sending all the documents from the UK to Sheffield.

I understand that I am submitting the printout of the online application form. Obviously my spouse is not with me so I cant get him to sign it. Do I just submit the form without it being signed?

metanoia
Pakistan

Re: Online Visa Application form

Post by metanoia » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:21 am

Your spouse can print the form, sign it and courier it to you.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

Sukhwinder Singh
Newly Registered

Post by Sukhwinder Singh » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:51 am

You can courier the documents or can take spouse's sign as a soft copy and explain the reason to immigration office.

Thanks
Sukhwinder

TAS01
Newly Registered

Online Visa Application form

Post by TAS01 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:53 am

He has already couriered me all other information.

This whole process seems so tedious. I applied on behalf of my spouse, does that makes a difference? Shall I ask him to sign and scan the forms to me? surely that will be quicker?

usmanj

Post by usmanj » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:36 am

TAS01 wrote:I am the Sponsor and will be sending all the documents from the UK to Sheffield.

I understand that I am submitting the printout of the online application form. Obviously my spouse is not with me so I cant get him to sign it. Do I just submit the form without it being signed?
Sorry, just for my knowledge, which form are you saying needs the applicant's signature?

TAS01
Newly Registered

Post by TAS01 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:40 am

The application form you complete online and then print off.

The applicant takes a signed copy to his Biometric appointment (which he has done)
I (the Sponsor) have to include a copy of the form in my bundle I sent to Sheffield.

usmanj

Post by usmanj » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:46 am

TAS01 wrote:The application form you complete online and then print off.

The applicant takes a signed copy to his Biometric appointment (which he has done)
I (the Sponsor) have to include a copy of the form in my bundle I sent to Sheffield.
Thanks for that. My Mrs is sending me docs today, I guess I'll get her to include this in the pack she is sending me then. Although I have read you can use a scanned copy and explain it with a cover letter. However I would not take that risk. Just get it sent to you using express service. It will be with you in 3 days or so.

usmanj

Post by usmanj » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:37 pm

TAS01 wrote:The application form you complete online and then print off.

Quick question - What docs does applicant need to take with them to the biometric appointment? Is it just the appointment confirmation, online application, and passport?

TAS01
Newly Registered

passport Picture of Sponsor

Post by TAS01 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:55 am

Does the Sponsor need to include passport pics of themselves for a UK spouse visa?

londonphd

Re: passport Picture of Sponsor

Post by londonphd » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:05 pm

If FLRM application, yes. they should send one photo

TAS01
Newly Registered

Someone please put my mind at rest

Post by TAS01 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:06 am

I have today posted my bundle to Sheffield to support my husband’s spouse visa from Pakistan. I'm feeling really worried and anxious and fearful that I may have missed something.

I have a few questions that are popping up in my mind. I wonder if somebody would be kind enough to provide me with some answers.

1)The photo of Hubby we submitted, I though was fine (it’s clear, white background, face on etc) the lady at the post office said it wouldn’t compile with UK passport photo requirements as the his face needed to be a bit closer. I am really worried now. Could this be something they refuse on?

2)I am divorced and I was previously married to someone from abroad, for whom I applied for a Fiancé visa. Will this be looked upon as badly on my part? I did explain in my covering letter the qualms I had about marrying from abroad again.

3)I have provided lots of pictures from our engagement and wedding and wedding reception party. But none from after our marriage, as we only had a week together before I came back to the UK. I do have 2 in my phone that we took. I’m kicking myself for not including them. Should I be worried about this?

I have recently found out that I'm pregnant so I need my husband to be with me more than anything right now :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Someone please put my mind at rest

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:29 am

Please keep all your questions on the same application in a single topic. All topics now merged
1)The photo of Hubby we submitted, I though was fine (it’s clear, white background, face on etc) the lady at the post office said it wouldn’t compile with UK passport photo requirements as the his face needed to be a bit closer. I am really worried now. Could this be something they refuse on?
It should be fine.
2)I am divorced and I was previously married to someone from abroad, for whom I applied for a Fiancé visa. Will this be looked upon as badly on my part? I did explain in my covering letter the qualms I had about marrying from abroad again.

Where is your ex spouse now? Did you submit your final divorce papers with the new application to prove you were 'free to marry'? HO aren't interested in your 'qualms'. They only deal with facts.
3)I have provided lots of pictures from our engagement and wedding and wedding reception party. But none from after our marriage, as we only had a week together before I came back to the UK. I do have 2 in my phone that we took. I’m kicking myself for not including them. Should I be worried about this?

What other evidence of subsisting marriage did you submit? Screenshots of whatsapp chats for example.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TAS01
Newly Registered

Post by TAS01 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:42 am

Hi CROO1 - Thank you for replying. The answers to your questions

Where is your ex spouse now? Did you submit your final divorce papers with the new application to prove you were 'free to marry'? HO aren't interested in your 'qualms'. They only deal with facts.

My ex Spouse is still in the UK as far as I know. He has British Citizenship now. Yes I provided my Divorce certificate (Decree Absolute)

What other evidence of subsisting marriage did you submit? Screenshots of whatsapp chats for example.

We provided - WhatsApp message history( around 36 pages), WhatsApp Call history (Around 26 pages) Skype and Viber history (around 24 pages) we also provided screenshots of email exchanges. I have also provided my e-tickets and stamps in passport to prove travel to Pakistan.
Also our marriage certificate and also pictures of our engagement & wedding, as I mentioned previously.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:51 am

Then stop stressing. It should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TAS01
Newly Registered

Post by TAS01 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:55 am

Thank you, I'll try. :?

TAS01
Newly Registered

Post by TAS01 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:03 pm

Ok I Know I might be being silly, but now I'm stressing about another issue my payslips.

I paper clipped all my 8 payslips and x2 p60's together and put then in my pack. I'm worried I should put them in a poly pocket or a separate envelope. What if they lose them??!!

has anyone experienced the UKVI losing their documents or claiming they were never sent to them?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:10 pm

You are overthinking!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

TAS01
Newly Registered

Post by TAS01 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:47 am

We have just received the below message, can someone please tell me what it means? Does it mean we can go and collect our passport? Oh my god, im so nervous..the wait is finally over :)

Dear XXXXXXX,

The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWXXXXXX was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 10/10/2017 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.