ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about postage tracking- Documents sent to Sheffield

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

b4r1786

Question about postage tracking- Documents sent to Sheffield

Post by b4r1786 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:43 am

Hi

My solicitor recently sent my supporting documents to Sheffield by special delivery. He did not confirm which address he sent it to but it was sent to a PO Box and when it was signed for, the person signing printed their name as RM Relay.

Can anyone confirm whether they had the same signatory? I am a bit paranoid as this whole application process is very stressful and I want to make sure it will go to the right location.

Thanks in advance for replays.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Question about postage tracking- Documents sent to Sheff

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:12 am

RM = ROYAL MAIL :idea:

Obviously, no one can physically sign for a delivery to a PO Box.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

humbleguy
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by humbleguy » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:29 am

Similar situation, documents were returned after one week. It was a PO box, signed by someone by name of N. Cottingham.

As always the weird thing is the application process does not tell you the exact address to send it to. all they say is VISA section in shefield. Then the VFS office gives you separate instruction which we fear may be out of date.

Its all a bit of a shambles this home office

vtaneja

Post by vtaneja » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:43 am

Well even our documents were signed for by 'Cottingham'. This was on 14th July - haven't received any communication from UKVI since then. Haven't received the documents back either yet - I guess that is normal??

I have a feeling it's going to be a long wait :)

b4r1786

Post by b4r1786 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:10 pm

My documents were signed for on 19th July and I have today received an email from Visa application centre confirming receipt of the application but no confirmation that my documents have been received by the ECO. Just hope there are no issues with my application.

Waseem786
Newly Registered

Re: Question about postage tracking- Documents sent to Sheffield

Post by Waseem786 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:46 pm

Hi, just wanted to ask if your documents got to the UKVI safely?
Iv recently sent my supporting documents to Sheffield by Royal Mail tracking and they were signed for by RM Relay. Iv not had any contact from them to say they have received our documents. Tia