ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I want my Passports Back. What to do?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

azia5333
Newly Registered

I want my Passports Back. What to do?

Post by azia5333 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:44 am

Hello Guys,

I just created an account on thus forum as I found it very useful.

I had a query and am a bit stressed out these days.

I applied for my settlement visa on basis of my wifes British Citizen status. Follwiing is my timeline:

Online application submitted: 13 May 2017
Biometrics done: 18 May 2017
Documents dispatched to Sheffield: 20 May 2017
Documents received at Sheffield: 24 May 2017
Documents returned by Sheffield to UK address: 26 June 2017
Waiting since then.

I have also called them muktiple times and they have said your decision is awaited. They said your applixation is still within timeline. The thing is that my 12th week is starting on Monday and they said if you dont receive a decision by 09 Aug 2017, you can only call us then and we will expedite the case.

The thing is that I need my passports back urgently. Since next coming week will be last week of timeline, what donyou guys think of the probability that I will receive the decision and my passports back? I want my passports for urgent travel to somewgere else.

I am really concerned right now. What does you guys experice say?

Many thanks.

vtaneja

Re: I want my Passports Back. What to do?

Post by vtaneja » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:30 pm

I'd be interested in knowing this too.

I tried contacting the UKVI by email (paid £5.48) and the agent didn't even read the question properly and just replied with a generic answer which didn't even make sense. I followed up a few times but no response - that's money down the drain but more importantly just frustrating because no one is able to provide any clarity - not the kind of service you'd expect when paying upwards of £2000.

Hopefully the experts can advise :)

SimonS

Re: I want my Passports Back. What to do?

Post by SimonS » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:16 pm

When I called them and asked the same question, they told me the only way to have the passport returned part way through processing is to withdraw the application and forfeit the fee.

If it is an emergency, it can be looked into, but I understand this to mean medical grounds.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.