ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Duration of Returning Supporting Documents in UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gorgon777
Yemen

Duration of Returning Supporting Documents in UK

Post by gorgon777 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:06 pm

I posted my supporting documentation to UKVI Sheffield on the 19/09/2017 for a Visa application submitted on the 12/09/2017. I left a note on my Original passport i sent, that advised for it to be returned ASAP, and provided a separate self addressed envelope for this.

I chased this with the UKVI helpline and they advised they sent an email to the Entry Clearance Officers to return the passport urgently, this was done on 27/09/2017

I wanted to know what the usual timeline is for Supporting documents to be returned to the Sponsor in the UK? And is there anything I can do to speed up the return of my passport, or the Application which was submitted as a standard, such as paying the tlscontact site for priority service?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Duration of Returning Supporting Documents in UK

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:55 am

There was no need to send your original British passport. Copy would have been sufficient.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gorgon777
Yemen

Post by gorgon777 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:55 am
There was no need to send your original British passport. Copy would have been sufficient.
I rang the UKVI centre before to confirm if i did or did not need to and was advised I had to send the original passport. it was a misunderstanding on their part... I just really need it back.

Ricky147
BANNED
New Zealand

Post by Ricky147 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:34 pm

gorgon777 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:06 pm
I posted my supporting documentation to UKVI Sheffield on the 19/09/2017 for a Visa application submitted on the 12/09/2017. I left a note on my Original passport i sent, that advised for it to be returned ASAP, and provided a separate self addressed envelope for this.

I chased this with the UKVI helpline and they advised they sent an email to the Entry Clearance Officers to return the passport urgently, this was done on 27/09/2017

I wanted to know what the usual timeline is for Supporting documents to be returned to the Sponsor in the UK? And is there anything I can do to speed up the return of my passport, or the Application which was submitted as a standard, such as paying the tlscontact site for priority service?
How you contact them brothers by email or ringing them