ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring my mother to uk

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Khali143
Newly Registered
Kenya

Sponsoring my mother to uk

Post by Khali143 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:15 am

First of all i would like to say that you guys are amazing and helpful people, helping many people.

I need advise dependent visa for my mother. My mother shes 65 currently living in kenya as a somali refugee, she has been living there with my dad since 2001 as a refugee. However, my dad passed away recently and now my mother is alone. My mother has 8 children in the UK all british citizen also she has 2 sisters and a brother and many family members in the uk. I want to sponsor her to the uk, i am a carer and my husband works part time 25 hours a week. Is it possible for me to sponsor with me being a carer and husband working part time. Please advise me as much as possible.
Many thanks
Love you all.

Nzekells

Re: Sponsoring my mother to uk

Post by Nzekells » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:59 am

Hi Khali143,
I don't think parents are eligible for dependant visas. I assume you are a settled person, and your last leave was not as a PBS migrant. Parents have long been excluded from the dependant visa eligibility pool. Pls standby for eminent members' response. The rule might have been changed.
Good luck.
Opinion is researchedly mine!

smarter1

Post by smarter1 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:01 pm

Agreed, highly unlikely you will be granted such a visa. Read this for better understanding - immigration-for-family-members/ihs-afte ... 33-20.html

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:19 pm

The two links below are what you need to read and requirements you need to meet and prove.

immigration-for-family-members/adult-de ... 87771.html

immigration-for-family-members/older-de ... 0-300.html

Also note that if you apply and it is refused, it will shut the door on any future visit visas as her intention to settled will be have stated.

The link below is the most recent refusal posted on the forum yesterday for this category visa.

immigration-for-family-members/elderly- ... 41824.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Khali143
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Khali143 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:05 pm

Thank you for quick replies, the visa i want to apply for my mother is ‘family of a settled person’ visa. If i am a carer do i still need to meet the 18600 financial requirements. As i stated i am a carer i get carer allowance, child benefit and child tax credit and my husband works 25 hours a week. Is it possible to apply for her. She has diabetes and pressure. Also since my father died shes developed anxiety and depression because she feels alone all her children are in the uk with family life of their own. All british citizen. Also kenya is not her home country country she is just there as a refugee since 2001. Please help me of what i can do to help my mother shes 65. This is difficult for us. At the moment we having to travel to kenya look after her leaving our children here with the father as they have school. Please advise me on what to do.

Many thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:50 pm

Khali143 wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:05 pm
Thank you for quick replies, the visa i want to apply for my mother is ‘family of a settled person’ visa. If i am a carer do i still need to meet the 18600 financial requirements. As i stated i am a carer i get carer allowance, child benefit and child tax credit and my husband works 25 hours a week. Is it possible to apply for her. She has diabetes and pressure. Also since my father died shes developed anxiety and depression because she feels alone all her children are in the uk with family life of their own. All british citizen. Also kenya is not her home country country she is just there as a refugee since 2001. Please help me of what i can do to help my mother shes 65. This is difficult for us. At the moment we having to travel to kenya look after her leaving our children here with the father as they have school. Please advise me on what to do.

Many thanks
You can't - it's the Adult Dependant Visa you need.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....