ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Is200
Newly Registered

Post by Is200 » Thu May 27, 2010 6:01 pm

Mubarak bruv

that's a big releive for everyone else inshallah!

I thought they've postponded further work because of the
the goverment in place.

Thanks for keeping everyone updated wslaam

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Thu May 27, 2010 6:40 pm

Congratulations Deemi :) Thats great news

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Thu May 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Yousafa wrote:haha.

Your application is ahead of me by a few days, did you apply in Lahore?
I applied at Mirpur. Lahore is way too far!

Anybody getting emails with gerrys.com.pk at the end of the address?

I've received 2 so far. Both went straight to my junk mail. I've tried opening them but nothing seems to happen. Both had attachments, pics (that I couldn't view) with a message.

27th May 2010
lhesales@gerrys.com.pk subject is "read it immediatelly"
message is "help attached"
attachment = ugly_ince...pif (24.8kb)

20th May 2010
gujfedex@gerrys.com.pk subject is "denied!"
message is "is that your domain?"
attachment = pic.zip (24.9 KB)

I emailed Gerrys at Mirpur from that email addy once a few weeks ago. The email address that I actually use and mentioned in my application hasn't had any junk yet 8)
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Thu May 27, 2010 9:20 pm

navalaviator wrote:@kaidee

Well you will surely hear from them shortly as well. :wink:
Atleast in this summer they are doing what they claim to do i.e. processing under 12 weeks hmmmm thats way i like it.
:D
InshaAllah, hope so, with a visa! I know of a few people who had visas approved in 2 weeks but that was sometime last year.
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

someperson49
Newly Registered

Post by someperson49 » Fri May 28, 2010 12:00 am

Is200 wrote:Slaam Everyone

My wife has submitted her settlement visa application
at Gerrys Lahore. Here is the update so far

Submitted: 31st March 2010
status: Visa application is under process at the British High Commission

I have email them at visa centres Islamabad: no reply, Dubai: they explained my type of application is no longer dealt by them. It's between British home office in Islamabad or Lobdon. And finally the UKHUB in Lobdob who explain application is under process and do not contact them before 12 weeks are over.

Inshallah everyone here's good news goodluck

slaam
My wife submitted on the same day at Lahore but the status still hasnt changed.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Fri May 28, 2010 7:35 am

Hmmmm

Un clou chasse l'autre. :D
Life goes on.
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Fri May 28, 2010 8:14 am

Deemi - when did your status change to "Application under process at BHC"

Just trying to work out how long they took to get back to you?

Thanks,

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Fri May 28, 2010 8:16 am

deemi,

when ur status changed did ur wife get a call from gerrys or did you call her and tell her to go?

thanks

deemi

Post by deemi » Fri May 28, 2010 8:39 am

Salaam guys!!

Ahhhhhhhhh the relief!!! Well apart from the fact that the passport has to go back to have the name on the visa corrected!

Mind you - if they take more than a week to ask for it back i am going to tell her to travel and then sort it out when she is here!! I have had enough of waiting!!

And to answer some questions!

CRT7 - i rang my wife and told her to go. But she did get a text i think saying the application is ready to be picked up. I think once your status changes online you dont have to wait for them to contact you.

Rhussain - my status changed on the 12/05/10 to under process. The visa was issued on the 17/05/10 - so basically 5 days later but it took 10 days for them to let us know!!

Guys i will be sticking around so any questions i can help with just let me know!

Wasalaam
Done waiting!!!!

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Fri May 28, 2010 9:22 am

The relief must feel great but as you said, the name mistake is a real chicken up....takes the shine of the visa....main thing is u have the visa though mash Allah.

One thing i would say if u do give in the passport for correction, i doubt u will be able to ask for it back after 7 days or so...u'll have to wait until the process is fully complete. im not saying this from experience, but when I read your statement, its my gut feeling.

have u rang BHC lahore to find out who long it would take? also ring gerrys and find out if their day figures match.

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Fri May 28, 2010 9:24 am

Ps. can you find out if ur wife had to show the text message as proof that the visa has arrived to be allowed entry and collect the visa?

reason i ask is some people may go down Gerrys as soon as they get the online status update but gerrys may not text/call for a few days

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Fri May 28, 2010 9:27 am

congrats demi

really happy for u brother.

Too all the brothers whos visa is still in the process inshallah u will hear good news . Like they say sabar ka pal mita hota hai .

I,ve been waitin one year now , cudnt apply cuz mrs wasnt 21 , got all the papers ready nw inshallah wil appy in augst

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Fri May 28, 2010 9:30 am

someperson49 wrote:
Is200 wrote:Slaam Everyone

My wife has submitted her settlement visa application
at Gerrys Lahore. Here is the update so far

Submitted: 31st March 2010
status: Visa application is under process at the British High Commission

I have email them at visa centres Islamabad: no reply, Dubai: they explained my type of application is no longer dealt by them. It's between British home office in Islamabad or Lobdon. And finally the UKHUB in Lobdob who explain application is under process and do not contact them before 12 weeks are over.

Inshallah everyone here's good news goodluck

slaam
My wife submitted on the same day at Lahore but the status still hasnt changed.
deemi wrote:Salaam guys!!

Rhussain and someperson49- My status on the trackin site changed within 12 days (same as kaidee) . I think Kaidee submitted the application a day before mine, bellow are the sequence of events for my Mrs app:

On Tues 11/05/10 submitted her application in Islamabad on:
On Wed 12/05/10 checked online = Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on
On 24/05/10 checked online = Visa Application is under process at British High Commission

Deemi says: - "on the 12/05/10 to under process. The visa was issued on the 17/05/10 - so basically 5 days later but it took 10 days for them to let us know!!"

But I dont know if change of status means anything because comparing to Deemi then my status and kaidee's status should change to visa issued any day ... - if this happens then it will be a real breakthrough because it will be decision in 3 weeks.
But nothing is difficult if Allah wells then it will be soon inshallah - keep up the zhikir and du'a it does mericles.

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Fri May 28, 2010 10:24 am

deemi thanks for the response

as for the name change, do it when she gets here.......if you hand the pp back you will be waiting AGAIN, and surely you dont want that.......just sort it out when she gets here........its not major......

tell her to book her flight and come over, lol, plus its not your fault so why should you have to wait any longer?? Good luck, let us know how you get on

deemi

Post by deemi » Fri May 28, 2010 10:30 am

Thanks CRT7

I am kinda thinking that i should just get her to travel and then sort it here!

Two people I trust have told me to do this - Batley bhai and my solicitor!

just emailed them to see if they will send an email or letter saying yes she can travel and then change it when she is here!!

But i am going to give them 7 days - if they dont contact the mrs to even hand the passport in then she is coming over!!
Done waiting!!!!

fais79

Email Address for checking wife's application status

Post by fais79 » Fri May 28, 2010 11:50 am

Hello Guys,

Does anyone know the email address for settlement application status enquiry?? Also are the settlement cases being processed in Abu Dhabi or Islamabad?

I would like to check on the status of my wife's settlement application.

Thanks.

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Fri May 28, 2010 11:53 am

fais79

email for settlement enquiries is:

UKHUB.PakistanGeneralEnquiries@fco.gsi.gov.uk

Settlement cases are being processed in the UK (Croydon)

Hope this helps

fais79

Post by fais79 » Fri May 28, 2010 12:12 pm

CRT7 wrote:fais79

email for settlement enquiries is:

UKHUB.PakistanGeneralEnquiries@fco.gsi.gov.uk

Settlement cases are being processed in the UK (Croydon)

Hope this helps
Thanks alot for the info

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri May 28, 2010 1:53 pm

deemi wrote:Thanks CRT7

I am kinda thinking that i should just get her to travel and then sort it here!

Two people I trust have told me to do this - Batley bhai and my solicitor!

just emailed them to see if they will send an email or letter saying yes she can travel and then change it when she is here!!

But i am going to give them 7 days - if they dont contact the mrs to even hand the passport in then she is coming over!!
She will not be able to change it here in UK. Like I have said it is not a major problem. The visa has other sufficient information on it to prove who she really is. :roll:

deemi

Post by deemi » Fri May 28, 2010 1:56 pm

Thanks batley

if she travels on it would we be able to send it back to Pakistan to get it changed?
Done waiting!!!!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri May 28, 2010 2:23 pm

Why are you so persistant and inistant on having this damnd thing changed.? :x

Its hardly the crime of the century is it?. Apart from the immigration officer no one else is going to look at the visa bit in her passport are they?. Like I have said there is enough other information for the IO to link it your wife.

And finally no you cant send it back to be amended. Its to late and a waste of time.

If you are so concerned then change it whilst she is in Pakistan. She has a 3 months time limit to enter UK after the visa has been issued. that way you will have no problem at all :roll:

Sorry for being a bit harsh . Its Friday and I cant wait till its 4pm so I can go home and enjoy the hot waether :D :lol: :P

Please let us know when she arrives in the UK by the way

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Fri May 28, 2010 2:32 pm

batleykhan wrote:Why are you so persistant and inistant on having this damnd thing changed.? :x

Its hardly the crime of the century is it?. Apart from the immigration officer no one else is going to look at the visa bit in her passport are they?. Like I have said there is enough other information for the IO to link it your wife.

And finally no you cant send it back to be amended. Its to late and a waste of time.

If you are so concerned then change it whilst she is in Pakistan. She has a 3 months time limit to enter UK after the visa has been issued. that way you will have no problem at all :roll:

Sorry for being a bit harsh . Its Friday and I cant wait till its 4pm so I can go home and enjoy the hot waether :D :lol: :P

Please let us know when she arrives in the UK by the way
Only half an hour to go :P What is it that you do? Are you part of the immigrationboards workforce?

jamesmad
Newly Registered

Post by jamesmad » Fri May 28, 2010 8:18 pm

Hi,
I have a few questions about the spouse settlement application form:

If the sponsor is normally living in the UK, but he is in Pakistan for few weeks at the time of submission, what should be written in 8.2.8 (part eight ) of the application form?

It is my understanding that the sponsor must provide citizenship date (not passport issue date) in 8.2.9 and 8.2.11 if he has been naturalized as british citizen (not citizen by birth). Is that correct?

Thanks,

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Fri May 28, 2010 9:52 pm

Long Live Batley Khan

Merci de toutes vos bontés,Je vous remercie de tout cœur.
:D
Thank you for all your kindness,I thank you from the bottom of my heart..

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sat May 29, 2010 4:21 pm

Sshhhhhhhhh!!! :twisted:
Q u i e t :roll: