ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:39 am

kaidee wrote:
navalaviator wrote:
kaidee wrote:^^^ Your next post is your 100th so be careful and use it wisely! :P

I presume what was being asked is 'What is a decent amount to have in your bank account to reflect your income?' or something like that :D
Your next post is your 100th so be careful and use it wisely!
Thanks for reminding me that but am not so delighted though with a bit of your advice which you mentioned in your post,and to me it is a sort of warning or merely not more then a sarcastic remark!!! :?
No warning or anything of that sort yaar, just a humorous comment with zero intent to harm or ridicule!

100th post is like a mini landmark so I highlighted it, tongue in cheek style :oops:
:lol: you are not too far either from reaching this mini landmark with just 29 posts to go anyway :P

Well any updates on your side ??? :roll:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

humtum

Update

Post by humtum » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:21 am

Hi all
I summited my wife application on 19/05 at mirpur status changed today to Visa application is under process at the British High Commission.let's see how long does it take from here now.inshalla we all will hear a good news

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:58 am

navalaviator wrote:
:lol: you are not too far either from reaching this mini landmark with just 29 posts to go anyway :P

InshaAllah my 100th post will be that I've got teh passport with a visa in it :P Better get posting!

No updates yet, what about you? Under process at BHC?
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

mrh_786
Newly Registered

Waiting Over..!!

Post by mrh_786 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:18 am

Salaam All,

Alhamdulilah, my wife collected her passport today with visa.

deemi and sherifuk, Congratulations on your good news.

Khalid83, you remain in our prayers inshaAllah you will be successful in the review.

It's seems like a long wait, here's my summary:

submitted 26/3/10 to Gerry's Mirpur
Change of status 12/5/10 - Under process at the BHC
Change of Status 1/6/10 - Ready for collection
Passport collected 2/6/10

Total time taken: 9 weeks 4 days

Best of luck to all of you that are still waiting and I pray that you all have quick and positive answers.
Last edited by mrh_786 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deer727
Newly Registered

Re: Waiting Over..!!

Post by deer727 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:57 am

Salam Sis And Brothers
Alhamdulilah, my visa ready to collection Plz Plz pry for me .
i will go tomarow khi vac to collection.
plz i need dua

It's seems like a long wait my summary:

submitted 12/04/10 to Gerry's khi vac
Change of status 2/6/10 - Ready for collection
Total time taken: 7 weeks 2 days

alibokhari

Post by alibokhari » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:29 pm

deer727 wrote:Salam Sis And Brothers
Alhamdulilah, my visa ready to collection Plz Plz pry for me .
i will go tomarow khi vac to collection.
plz i need dua

It's seems like a long wait my summary:

submitted 12/04/10 to Gerry's khi vac
Change of status 2/6/10 - Ready for collection
Total time taken: 7 weeks 2 days
INSHALLAH - prayers are with you and others who are still waiting

deemi

Post by deemi » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:28 pm

Salaam all

Congratulaions to all the people that have heard. And dua's for all those that are still waiting!!

CRT7 - any news??

An update on my position - after much debate and advice taking i decided to get the wife's visa corrected (they spelt her name wrong for those that dont know) in Pakistan just to save her hassle at the airport etc.

Passport was requested on Monday the 31/05/10 and i have just had an email saying that they have reissued the visa - so 3 days is not too bad really!!!

Hopefully she can pick it up in a few more days and be on her way!!

Finally thanks for all the help and advice from people - this forum is brilliant!!

And i will be around still if anyone has any specific questions that i can help with!

Wasalaam
Done waiting!!!!

jamesmad
Newly Registered

Post by jamesmad » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:45 pm

batleykhan wrote:
jamesmad wrote:Hi,
I have a few questions about the spouse settlement application form:

If the sponsor is normally living in the UK, but he is in Pakistan for few weeks at the time of submission, what should be written in 8.2.8 (part eight ) of the application form?

It is my understanding that the sponsor must provide citizenship date (not passport issue date) in 8.2.9 and 8.2.11 if he has been naturalized as british citizen (not citizen by birth). Is that correct?

Thanks,
What is your status in the UK?. were you born there, or did you go there when you were young or have you gone there because of some work permit or as a student?

batleykhan: I was naturalized as a citizen (HSMP). Pls let me know about question 8.2.8 as well.

Also, do you know if online bill statements are acceptable to prove the regular contact? I have read a post that the calling cards are not accepted by the ECO.

Thanks

deer727
Newly Registered

Post by deer727 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:17 pm

My Status is changed today in a morning application fwd to islamabad Oc In Afternoon Reday to collection ..

All Application is Under prossie BHC than Ready to colletion
but my one is ready to colletion is any bad news or good news

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:58 pm

kaidee wrote:
navalaviator wrote:

InshaAllah my 100th post will be that I've got teh passport with a visa in it :P Better get posting!

No updates yet, what about you? Under process at BHC?
I havent submitted yet and these days am busy putting togather documents,hopefully will submit soon somewhere in this month inshallah :D

Inshallah you will get the visa :wink:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:17 pm

jamesmad wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
jamesmad wrote:Hi,
I have a few questions about the spouse settlement application form:

If the sponsor is normally living in the UK, but he is in Pakistan for few weeks at the time of submission, what should be written in 8.2.8 (part eight ) of the application form?

It is my understanding that the sponsor must provide citizenship date (not passport issue date) in 8.2.9 and 8.2.11 if he has been naturalized as british citizen (not citizen by birth). Is that correct?

Thanks,
What is your status in the UK?. were you born there, or did you go there when you were young or have you gone there because of some work permit or as a student?

batleykhan: I was naturalized as a citizen (HSMP). Pls let me know about question 8.2.8 as well.

Also, do you know if online bill statements are acceptable to prove the regular contact? I have read a post that the calling cards are not accepted by the ECO.

Thanks
Ok in 8.28 you still put down "In UK ( even though you will be in pakostan for a short period).

in 8,29 you put when you fisrt arrived in UK.

In 8.210 you put down Britsih citizen

in 8.211 you put down date you got your British nationality

In 8.212 you put down your Brit passport number.

Hope this helps

joe_90
Newly Registered

Post by joe_90 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:28 am

Salaam to all,

Quick update after checking visa tracker online today :

visa App submitted Mirpur = 20/05/2010
Visa under process at BHC = 03/06/2010

Good work from everyone with the updates, gives people an idea on how long the current batch of applications are taking.

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:16 am

salaam

deemi, I emailed UKBA as my 12 weeks are up, they replied saying that the application has been processed and that we have to wait for the VAC to contact my husband.

I've told my husband to call Gerry's today and see where the paperwork is.

At least I know a decision has been made, please make dua that its positive news, jus have to wait for the paperwork to arrive to collect it.

status is still: app forwarded to Islamabad OC on.........handed case in 9/3/10.

Bj Touch
Newly Registered

Missed call from UK Border Agency

Post by Bj Touch » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:44 am

Salaam All,

I submitted my Visa application on 27th April, Unfortunately I missed a call from UK Border Agency on 27th May as I was in a meeting at work and phone was on silent, they said to my Mum & Dad they would callback last Wednesday but have not, now I am a bag of nerves thinking what if it was the ECO, what if it was boderline,anyway I am cracking up still waiting for that persons callback. Has anyone got some advice for me, is there a number I can ring or is it to continue the agony of waiting. I am sure brothers & sisters have been in a worse situation but you can't help the way you feel. I do dua for all the brothers & sisters waiting so theya re successfull inshaAllah. Jazakallah.

Is there anyone who has made the same issue, whats happened?

P.S I rang Croydon office but they said they do not deal with it. I can never get through to Gerry's in Pakistan.

snipered

Post by snipered » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:07 pm

Salaam,

Rather than waste time, go to UKINPakistan website. Do a google search for it.

Ring them up and if they say we dont deal with it, ask to be redirected to someone who can.

EXplain the situation. Before doing this, email them as well and ring them up straight after.

Inshallah that will work.

We are still waiting for ours. We applied on the 13/05/2010. Status changed on the 26/05/2010 to processing. Still no call.

Is200
Newly Registered

Post by Is200 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:34 pm

Slaam

deer727 any news bruv?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:48 pm

khan85 wrote:yepp its 28 days thats what i heard and read aswell.. :)

NOT CORRECT. ITS 3 MONTHS FROM DATE VISA WAS ISSUED

hey dun lose heart, inshallah ur hubby will get it..

and i dun think u can go to meet BHC in person..

anyways.. gud luck :) and b strong

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:02 pm

Deer 727

Sorry to hear about your refusal

Please give exact wording of your refusal as per the refusal notice as that would help a lot

alibokhari

Post by alibokhari » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:50 pm

no updates from anyone ?

:roll:

Is200
Newly Registered

Post by Is200 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:30 pm

Slaam all

It's been 9 weeks and two days since my wife submitted Her sellement application at Gerrys Lahore. Which was on the 31st March 2010.

Still no news :(

Been trying to call Gerrys info 00 92 51 2098999 for the past week but nos always busy??? I think it dosent work at the moment. Previously you get put through to an automated answering machine and by choosing the correct options you will be directed to someone.

I've also email gerrys in Lahore last week for and update but no reply...

The biggest planners of planner is Allah Mia, Inshallah he will have good news for all the brothers and sisters having patience.

snipered

Post by snipered » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:44 pm

When i emailed Gerrys they gave me the following information.

090010411 (from landline) or 8865 (from mobile)

Try ringing this number and keep emailing them.

joe_90
Newly Registered

Post by joe_90 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:00 pm

Salaam,

Is200 did your online status change at any point since submitting your application ? if so what were the dates ?

i also noticed today that the processing times have been published online for April. there has been a dip in the processing times durations...but that is understandable what with the ash cloud and nr of applications submitted.

Hope everyone has a good weekend counting down the mins till five..

someperson49
Newly Registered

Post by someperson49 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:05 pm

Is200 wrote:Slaam all

It's been 9 weeks and two days since my wife submitted Her sellement application at Gerrys Lahore. Which was on the 31st March 2010.

Still no news :(

Been trying to call Gerrys info 00 92 51 2098999 for the past week but nos always busy??? I think it dosent work at the moment. Previously you get put through to an automated answering machine and by choosing the correct options you will be directed to someone.

I've also email gerrys in Lahore last week for and update but no reply...

The biggest planners of planner is Allah Mia, Inshallah he will have good news for all the brothers and sisters having patience.
My wife applied on the same day at Lahore and the status still has not changed. Let us know how things go.

Is200
Newly Registered

Post by Is200 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:37 pm

Did my online status change between this time? Yes

On 31st March 2010 application status was something like application has been submitted. Couple hours later that evening changed to application has been forwarded to oc on.

On 12th may 2010 status changed to, your application is being processed at British High Commision.

Hope this helps

Is200
Newly Registered

Post by Is200 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:00 pm

Someperson49 do you mind me asking what your current online status is and if you received any calls from the Eco at all? I haven't! Nor have my HR dept when I enquired with them!!

By the way I do work for a large organastion which is very well recognized. I enclosed my last 3 payslips which have my comp logo on them. Last years p60, letters from HR to say how much earnings I had in the past two years, my employment contract from 2007 and tax letter from the inland revenue to state I am registered on there system working for my comp and paying ni & taxes.

Ive Also enclosed a letter from my accountant to state I work part-time self employed and they take care of my accounts as I've only been doing this for the past three months.