ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

humtum

Q

Post by humtum » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:58 pm

Salam kadiee
Did Bhc has contacted with your employer if they did then which week was it?inshallah you will hear good news

humtum

Q

Post by humtum » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:01 pm

Sf786
Do you know which week your friend husband got reply

MA786

Re: Time

Post by MA786 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:36 pm

humtum wrote:I think these days if decision goes against you then you will hear in 7 to 8 weeks but if they approve the application and grant the visa this goes up 12 or 13th weeks
Salaam h/t

Which category do we (who applied on 31.03.2010) fall into ....its been 16-17 weeks?! lol...are they thinking about what to do :?

I know someone who applied on 17th February 2010, decision been made and documents still haven't been returned from BHC...

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:02 am

My wife's application is refused because the ECO beleives that we did not submit acceptable documentary evidence to convince them that my previous marriage has been dissolved.

I always beleived that if your application is rejected then you only concentrate on proofing/fighting the points that the ECO was not happy about; and completely ignoring other aspects of the application because if the ECO did not mention it in the refusal then it means those aspects are to the ECO's satisfaction.

I contacted a solicitor to initiate an apeal, and he told me to tell my wife to send me back all the papers that we submitted with her application i.e. accomodation docs, my bank statements, p60, employer letter...., subsistance of marriage docs > photos, contact between me and my wife etc, because he want to re-submit all of these evidence with the apeal. I beleive these things are irrelevent due to my reasons above and we should only focus on proofing that my previous marriage has dissolved and my divorce cert is genuine but he keeps insisting - stating that beside including fresh evidence and explination for the ligitamacy of my divorce cert; including good side-evidence that are not related to the refusal points but show your genuin relation will have psychological effect on the judge and his final decision.

What do you guys think about the above..... I will b very grateful if anyone can PM me contact details of a good solicitor in Barnet or Watford areas.

Also what will be a reasonable solicitor fee for doing the apeal - any ideas? - I was given prices by solicitors £250.00, another one £600, another one £1000; I am so confused.....

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:15 pm

AOA786

We send e mail to UKBA and they reply this.

From: UKHUB.PakistanSettlementEnquiriesandComplaints@fco.gov.uk
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 13:49:35 +0100
Subject: RE: Visa Application Status?

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your email. Once you submit a settlement application, this process can take up to 12 weeks as advertised on Gerry’s website. Please do not make any enquiries regarding the application until this 12 week period has passed.

In order to help us to provide a good service to all our customers you may not receive a reply to any further enquiries about the progress of your case.

Regards
UK Visa Section
Correspondence Team

so please tell me is this auto reply or someone from visa section reply us?
Insha Allah everybody will hear good news including us ameen.

Jazak Allah Khair.

Shakiya
Newly Registered

Post by Shakiya » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:15 pm

tasawar wrote:AOA786

We send e mail to UKBA and they reply this.

From: UKHUB.PakistanSettlementEnquiriesandComplaints@fco.gov.uk
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 13:49:35 +0100
Subject: RE: Visa Application Status?

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your email. Once you submit a settlement application, this process can take up to 12 weeks as advertised on Gerry’s website. Please do not make any enquiries regarding the application until this 12 week period has passed.

In order to help us to provide a good service to all our customers you may not receive a reply to any further enquiries about the progress of your case.

Regards
UK Visa Section
Correspondence Team

so please tell me is this auto reply or someone from visa section reply us?
Insha Allah everybody will hear good news including us ameen.

Jazak Allah Khair.
It seems like UKHUB have standard replies to emails if the applicants 12 weeks are not up. You get a difference response once you are nearing the 12 weeks. This is my personal view according to my experience.

jamesmad
Newly Registered

Post by jamesmad » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:32 pm

Dear all,

For the spousa visa application form (VAF4a Dec 2008), can you share from your experience:

5.1: I guess, we should cross the box "Supported by spouse (Supported by my husband". Is that the option you normally select for house wife or I should choose "umemployed" ? For the "Supported by spouse" option, Do I need to provide some evidence such as international bank tranfer to our joint account in Pakistan or the joint account in a local bank for covering incidental expense should be sufficient?

Income and Expenditure for applicant:

5.10 Total Monthly Income: None
5.11: Do you receive income from any other sources including family and friends? - Should this be "N/A" or "supported by husband"? In the latter case, Do we need to provide an evidence if applicable?

8.4.5 How often do you meet? ---"4/5 months"
I was there until May (Married in April and I am planning next trip in Oct/Nov, and applying for the visa in early September.

Is there any negative impact on the application if the period is 4/5/6 months? It's just that I am really busy at work until Oct.

Thanks and Wasalam.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:53 pm

jamesmad wrote:Dear all,

For the spousa visa application form (VAF4a Dec 2008), can you share from your experience:

5.1: I guess, we should cross the box "Supported by spouse (Supported by my husband". Is that the option you normally select for house wife or I should choose "umemployed" ? For the "Supported by spouse" option, Do I need to provide some evidence such as international bank tranfer to our joint account in Pakistan or the joint account in a local bank for covering incidental expense should be sufficient?

Yes choose "supported by spouse".Dont put unemployed for wife,its more appropiate for husband in Pakistan. If you have sent money ( which you should) provide receipts of this

Income and Expenditure for applicant:

5.10 Total Monthly Income: None Correct

5.11: Do you receive income from any other sources including family and friends? - Should this be "N/A" or "supported by husband"? In the latter case, Do we need to provide an evidence if applicable? -write "only from husband

8.4.5 How often do you meet? ---"4/5 months"
I was there until May (Married in April and I am planning next trip in Oct/Nov, and applying for the visa in early September.

"Whenever the opportunity arises - last there 5months ago"

Is there any negative impact on the application if the period is 4/5/6 months? It's just that I am really busy at work until Oct.

Make sure you keep in contact during absence from each other by providing itemised phone bills, emails, letters, sending money etc showing that your marriage is subsistent,otherwise could end in refusal

Thanks and Wasalam.

Corsa786
Newly Registered

Post by Corsa786 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:33 pm

Salaam everyone, can someone tell me when the 28 days for appeal start. The day my husband collected the visa or the day the Eco made a decision.

Thank you

jamesmad
Newly Registered

Post by jamesmad » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:43 pm

batleykhan, Thanks :-).

For 5.1 & 5.11, Would it be necessary (required) to enclose our joint account statement from Pakistan for last couple of months (just a few transactions though)? As you advised, I will enclose two receipts for sending money to that account via money exchanger/bank.

8.4.12: Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship like marriage or civil partnership at any time? "Lived together from 01-Apr-10 to 15-May-10"

BTW, I appreciate if you can take a look on my other thread "Contract employment ...."

As you can imagine, I am making sure that I am on track for filing an app by early september, and get ready for any adjustments if needed.

Many thanks,

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:13 pm

Corsa786 wrote:Salaam everyone, can someone tell me when the 28 days for appeal start. The day my husband collected the visa or the day the Eco made a decision.

Thank you
Its the date he collects it not the date it is refused

MA786

Post by MA786 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:50 pm

Aoa.

Lets hope tomorrow Allah brings good news for those of us that are still waiting.

My duas are with those people that have been refused.

rav4u
Newly Registered

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Post by rav4u » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:10 am

Anyone with any news yet?

kaidee

Re: Q

Post by kaidee » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:49 am

humtum wrote:Salam kadiee
Did Bhc has contacted with your employer if they did then which week was it?inshallah you will hear good news
No employer contact as of yet...

Edit: forgot to return your greeting: Wa 'alaikumus salamu wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh
Last edited by kaidee on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

humtum

Q

Post by humtum » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:33 am

They have not contacted with my employer either. week 10th will be starting from this Wednesday.

wa51mmm
Newly Registered

need help !!!!!!!

Post by wa51mmm » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:00 am

when do the bhc send out a call letter?
can anyone with previous experience help us here please?

appeal had been allowed but not sure when will the BHC islamabad will send out a call letter

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:08 am

z4ydi wrote:My wife's application is refused because the ECO beleives that we did not submit acceptable documentary evidence to convince them that my previous marriage has been dissolved.

I always beleived that if your application is rejected then you only concentrate on proofing/fighting the points that the ECO was not happy about; and completely ignoring other aspects of the application because if the ECO did not mention it in the refusal then it means those aspects are to the ECO's satisfaction.

I contacted a solicitor to initiate an apeal, and he told me to tell my wife to send me back all the papers that we submitted with her application i.e. accomodation docs, my bank statements, p60, employer letter...., subsistance of marriage docs > photos, contact between me and my wife etc, because he want to re-submit all of these evidence with the apeal. I beleive these things are irrelevent due to my reasons above and we should only focus on proofing that my previous marriage has dissolved and my divorce cert is genuine but he keeps insisting - stating that beside including fresh evidence and explination for the ligitamacy of my divorce cert; including good side-evidence that are not related to the refusal points but show your genuin relation will have psychological effect on the judge and his final decision.

What do you guys think about the above..... I

Also what will be a reasonable solicitor fee for doing the apeal - any ideas? - I was given prices by solicitors £250.00, another one £600, another one £1000; I am so confused.....
I will b very grateful if anyone can PM me contact details of a good solicitor in North West area i.e. Barnet, Harrow or Watford.

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:42 am

latest uptade on british boarder agency website:
Between 19 July and 30 July 2010, the UK Boder Agency's sponsor licensing and management units are prioritising work to implement the government's new policy on an interim immigration limit.

As a result, other work areas may be delayed. If you have have already sent an application or other request to us, please be patient - we will process it as soon as we can

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:00 am

zeddy zed wrote:latest uptade on british boarder agency website:
Between 19 July and 30 July 2010, the UK Boder Agency's sponsor licensing and management units are prioritising work to implement the government's new policy on an interim immigration limit.

As a result, other work areas may be delayed. If you have have already sent an application or other request to us, please be patient - we will process it as soon as we can
I dont think this is related to our Pakistani spouse applications - insha Allah not!!!....it is referring to the work of the sponsor licensing and management units.

mkak

Post by mkak » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:44 am

Following an earlier announcement by the UK Home Secretary, Theresa May, two important changes have come into effect for Tier 1 (General) applicants today, 19 July 2010.

* An interim limit on the number of visas that will be issued to Tier 1(General) applicants between 19 July 2010 and 31 March 2011.
* The number of points required for a Tier 1 (General) applicant has been increased from 95 to 100.

For further information please see the Immigration limit for Tier 1 (General) of the point- based system page on the main UK Border Agency website.

The interim limit will also apply to some Tier 2 applications, please see the Immigration limit for Tier 2 (General) of the point- based system page on the main UK Border Agency website.

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:15 pm

RHussain07 wrote:
zeddy zed wrote:latest uptade on british boarder agency website:

I dont think this is related to our Pakistani spouse applications - insha Allah not!!!....it is referring to the work of the sponsor licensing and management units.
its says other work areas may be delays, if they are implementing a new system and thats their proprity then it cud effect the time taken for spouse visa as well

MA786

Re: hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Post by MA786 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:25 pm

rav4u wrote:Anyone with any news yet?
nope - my husband applied same date as you :(

c4_2007

Post by c4_2007 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:05 pm

k_khan wrote:hey jus a quik update i just cheked the status of the application and says ready for collection plz pray for me!
good luck 2 evry1 else
Any updates on this?
Tues 04/05/2010 - App submitted Lahore
Wed 05/05/2010 - App forwarded to Islamabad OC.
Mon 17/05/10 - Visa Application is under process at British High Commission
Tue 29/06/19 - HR contacted
Thur 22/07/10- Email to confirm decision Made

c4_2007

Post by c4_2007 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:06 pm

k_khan wrote:hey jus a quik update i just cheked the status of the application and says ready for collection plz pray for me!
good luck 2 evry1 else
Any updates on this?

c4_2007

Post by c4_2007 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:06 pm

sajidmahmood wrote:my brother in law received a text TODAY from ukvac in islamabad to collect his passport.

Applied 10.05.2010
Islamabad VAC.
Settlement visa.

Islamabad VAC made a mistake and didn't charge him any visa fees so this could be the reason for quicker response??
Any updates on this?