ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SF786

Post by SF786 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:51 am

Assalamalaikum all

My 12 weeks will be up next Friday. I'm praying that inshaAllah I will hear something soon. I did get an email to say application had been processed and to wait for vac to contact. Is it worth getting my MP involved at this stage?
"If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it"

azee_cwise
Newly Registered

Post by azee_cwise » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:02 am

batleykhan wrote:
azee_cwise wrote:Hi Guys,

I have been reading posts on this forum for last few days. It seems to be a good platform to get authentic advice not from books but based on real experiences. Well done to all contributors and moderators specially B Khan!

I would really appreciate if someone can answer couple of questions I have.

1) I will be applying for spouse visa for my wife in the mid of August 3 months after our wedding. In the beginning of July, I sent her some money in a bank. I have a receipt containing details about wife, money and bank (including phone numbers) for that however my wife collected cash as she does not have an account. Is it problematic at all that money was sent to be collected over the counter and not in the account?

No problem.Having proof of money sent to wife is important, not how it is collected by the reciever

2) I returned to UK after 2 days of my wedding to get back on job. However I do have loads of wedding function photos, itemized bills showing telephonic contact as well as messages for last 3 months and plenty of emails. Should this be OK or do I need to put something in place to ensure that I don't get caught over this?

We could not arrange our ceremony earlier during my 3 week stay because of some family issues and attendance problems.

You need to explain this in detail with application. Explain why you only spent two days with your wife after wedding. Keeping in contact since marriage is also very important. The more proof of contact , the better

Once again, I would appreciate prompt response!

Thanks
Azee
Good luck.Prepare application carefully if you want to suceed.
Thanks a lot!

Cheers

1mani_uk
Newly Registered

Post by 1mani_uk » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:59 pm

http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=26166
(housing inspection cannot be accpted from solicitors / surveyers. only acceptable from council inspectors.............)

Last post by wa51mmm: So what shall I do, by estate agent or by councill inspector?

http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=60657
As per this link above: Does spouse also need to get receipt from Pak when recving money from western union?

Also My solicitor told me to get transcript of all my tesxt messages to spouse is there really any need or will itemised bill do? I have been calling from landline also from cheap access number, but wont show my spouses number will eco accept that.

Also do I need to get nikah nama stamped from union council? I asked a union council member & they said they dont stamp nomore its printed & stuck to nikah nama..

Henah

Post by Henah » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:23 pm

Hi,

Congrats to all those who have recieved good news!! Iwill be submitting my docs very soon too.

Just 2 questions- 1. Do i need to provide a photocopy of each document and provide it with visa app? 2. I have loads of emails and i copied and pasted then onto word then printed.. do i need to also take screen shots/prints of the emails for more authenticity or will it be fine to copy/paste into word?

Any response will be much appreciated!!

Thanks,Henah

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:04 pm

SF786 wrote:Assalamalaikum all

My 12 weeks will be up next Friday. I'm praying that inshaAllah I will hear something soon. I did get an email to say application had been processed and to wait for vac to contact. Is it worth getting my MP involved at this stage?
My 12th week starts tomorrow, Monday 26th July. I emailed my MP on Saturday so that he can read it on Monday morning insha Allah. If I get it this week then no problem, if I don't then I've got the ball rolling.
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:05 pm

navalaviator wrote:Congratulations MA786 on your success and wish you best of luck :D
I have just been busy with my application which is in process MashAllah.
Q4sim where have you gone,have'nt seen you around for a while mate,did your wife submit her application :roll:

Tasawar how you doing mate??? :)

Kaidee did you hear any thing back regarding the collection of your application from the VAC?
Nothing yet bro, still waiting. I emailed them and they told me that it was still under process at BHC so when they get it back they'll contact me.
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:07 pm

Henah wrote:Hi,

Congrats to all those who have recieved good news!! Iwill be submitting my docs very soon too.

Just 2 questions- 1. Do i need to provide a photocopy of each document and provide it with visa app? 2. I have loads of emails and i copied and pasted then onto word then printed.. do i need to also take screen shots/prints of the emails for more authenticity or will it be fine to copy/paste into word?

Thanks,Henah
1) = Prepare your application and then just photocopy the whole thing - twice. One to send off and one to keep for yourself.

2) Don't know. I would print them off the screen which can be annoying depending on which browser you use as some miss bits out/I haven't worked out how to print properly :)

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:08 pm

Thanks,Henah
1) Prepare your application and then just photocopy the whole thing - twice. One to send off and one to keep for yourself.

2) Don't know. I would print them off the screen which can be annoying depending on which browser you use as some miss bits out/I haven't worked out how to print properly :)

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:38 pm

Thanks,Henah

Well you should print the emails from within the internet explorer window(file drop down menu) as this method of presenting emails will be regarded as authentic rather then taking screenshots of the emails and then pasting them in word for print out.

Printing email inbox from the print option will show the weblink at the page footer which is a digital signature and proves that emails have been printed off from a genuine source and have not been manipulated as on the contrary the screenshots look suspicious as there are ways to alter the screenshots before they are pasted in word.

Initially i thought to take the snaps of emails for evidence of contact but then i dropped this idea after some suggestions from few members here who highlighted the drawbacks and that they could be harmfull as there is not a way or source for the officials that confirms that they are genuine.

I have myself printed off my emails from the file drop down menu and it clearly showed the weblink at the bottom of the page as a page footer to prove them that they are genuine and if required could be easily verified so no worries at all. :)
1mani_uk wrote:http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=26166
(housing inspection cannot be accpted from solicitors / surveyers. only acceptable from council inspectors.............)

Last post by wa51mmm: So what shall I do, by estate agent or by councill inspector?
Housing report from an estate agent or by council inspector are both accepted so the last decision lies with you,it depends on the cost of doing such report as well(as low as 30 quids to as high as 150 quids) so explore your options and then choose the right person to do it for you :)
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

SF786

Post by SF786 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:34 pm

Assalamalaikum can anyone paste a draft of an email to their MP please?

snipered

Post by snipered » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:49 pm

Here is a copy of the email i sent to my MP and got a reply back the next day asking for my details.
Dear Liam,

I married my wife (xxxx xxxx: DOB: xx/xx/xxxx) who resides in Pakistan on xxth March 2010. We applied for a settlement visa on the 13/05/2010.

As of yet we have not had any response I email them daily just to get some progress of the application but I always get a standard response. I have heard that others have received an email informing them that their application has been processed, but I have not even had this.

I check daily with my employer if they have been contacted then and to this date they have not contacted my employer.

My wife's birthday is approaching and I would love her to come and be able to spend her birthday together.

We had a strong case as my wife has studied in the UK and her family own a business here in the UK. I work for the NHS and receive a good salary and have enough savings to support my wife without recourse to public funds.

I am a supporter of the Labour Party and have been all my life. Therefore I request if you could help in regards my wife’s settlement visa application?

I will be happy to supply the application number etc on response to my email.

Best regards

xxxxx xxxxx

jamesmad
Newly Registered

Post by jamesmad » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:12 pm

Salams,
What is the waiting period to get in the VAC lahore if we call the contact centre for appointment? Is it about a week or months?
My query is regarding spouse visa.

Cheers,

1mani_uk
Newly Registered

Post by 1mani_uk » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:33 pm

Thanks navalaviator & BatleyKhan bro

Anyone have english translation of nikah nama & any helpful docs they can send me thanks much appreciated.

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:34 pm

Hey everyone....i'm back :)...Inshallah everyone will hear positive news soon..i'm reading some posts and noticing that people are getting their MP's involved...
@Navalaviator - You submitted your app a few weeks back..congratulations :) ....now its sabar time.

Henah

Post by Henah » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:54 am

Hi Navalaviator....In reply to ure response...''Well you should print the emails from within the internet explorer window(file drop down menu) as this method of presenting emails will be regarded as authentic rather then taking screenshots of the emails and then pasting them in word for print out..

How do I how i print the emails from within the internet explorer window as i dnt know how to do this!!! Can u let me know please!!

Thanks

Henah

Post by Henah » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:10 am

Hi never mind I just had a little try and have just been able to print them from hotmail!! :D

Anyway thanks for reply Navalaviator

Henah

zar2009

Post by zar2009 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:48 am

Salaam All,

Firstly - Brilliant Forum!

Spouse settlement visa for my husband submitted today in Islamabad (26/07/10).

Status: VAF Printing Completed On (Not sure what this actually means)

Will keep you all posted on future changes in status

Regards

Zar2009

azee_cwise
Newly Registered

Medical Report

Post by azee_cwise » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:10 am

Hi,
I have a quick question which is

"How long it takes to get the medical report after the test in Pakistan?"

Thanks!
Azee

SF786

Post by SF786 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:19 pm

Snipered thanks for the draft email bro :) will drop my MP an email today inshaAllah

c4_2007

Post by c4_2007 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:03 pm

Just an update for everyone.

I phoned my MP's office today and explained my situation to the secreatry. I was asked to email her the details e.g name, d.ob, passport number etc.

My email was forwaded onto the UKBA and I received a reply within an hour stating:

The visa for XXXXXXX was approved for issue on 21 July at the Visa Section in the UK, which deals with settlement applications made in Pakistan. The visa will now be undergoing the printing process etc in Pakistan. The Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Pakistan where XXXX made her application will contact her once her passport is ready for collection – it will probably be a few more days.

I don't know what everyone else reads into this, but it appears the visa has been approved....
Tues 04/05/2010 - App submitted Lahore
Wed 05/05/2010 - App forwarded to Islamabad OC.
Mon 17/05/10 - Visa Application is under process at British High Commission
Tue 29/06/19 - HR contacted
Thur 22/07/10- Email to confirm decision Made

Bj Touch
Newly Registered

Gerry's Postal Address Mirpur

Post by Bj Touch » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:11 pm

Everytime I email Gerry's Mirpur, I don't get a response...has anyone got the postal address...I wish to send an email to the manager. The website has now PO Box address....so not sure if it is the right one. Has anyone got the managers name in Mirpur oer his email address? Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:13 pm

Yes it looks that way, but I would wait to celebrate till you see it stamped in passport with your own eyes :lol:

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:20 pm

AOA 786

c4_2007 MashAllah good response you so please tell me who replied you that MP,s Secretary or UKBA ? if UKBA replies you that whould you please tell us from which email address they replied you because it will helps a loot to others

I Dua that ASWT give good news to us about our vias,s ameen

Jazak Allah Khair.

c4_2007

Post by c4_2007 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:32 pm

tasawar wrote:AOA 786

c4_2007 MashAllah good response you so please tell me who replied you that MP,s Secretary or UKBA ? if UKBA replies you that whould you please tell us from which email address they replied you because it will helps a loot to others

I Dua that ASWT give good news about there vias,s ameen

Jazak Allah Khair.
The way that is works is: YOU email MP - MP Email UKBA - UKBA email MP - MP email you.

It is best to email the MPs secratey rather than the MP direct. That way you are likley to get a quicker response.

I would expicilty state the you would like to know If a decision has been made regarding my wife’s application and what this decision is?

The only people the UKBA can disclose this information to is your MP, so you sending an email is unlikley to yield much infomation.

The respoonse came from UKBA International Group - email details are not available.

Hope that helps.
May Allah bring Khair to everyone InshAllah

c4_2007

Post by c4_2007 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:33 pm

batleykhan wrote:Yes it looks that way, but I would wait to celebrate till you see it stamped in passport with your own eyes :lol:
Yes, its difficult to contol my emotions at the moment. I have told my family to not tell anyone else until we see the stamp.

As they say - "The proof is the pudding"