ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wa51mmm
Newly Registered

Re: looking to get uk visa for my wife

Post by wa51mmm » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:13 pm

shazadkhan4545 wrote:hi everyone,

Hope you are well, i need help.. i got married in pakistan in march, im a british citizen myself, i wanted to find out if i can provide 3months bank statements and 3months wageslips? would this be ok? and also if i have been keeping £350 disposable income left in the account everymonth is that ok?
i would very much appreciate if anyone can help me plz.

thanks
the list of documents you must include if you are not with your spouse:
MAIN SUBJECTS ARE:
1. SUBSISTING OF MARRIAGE
via telephone contact both sides, calls history needed from itemized bills, by visiting yourself, by sending money to spouse either cash or into bank acount

2. SAVINGS
minimum of 250 pounds a month in the bank statements, avoid the use of overdrafts in bank acount

3. INCOME/ EMPLOYMENT/ SELF EMPLOYED
payslips, p60 annual tax reports issued in april each year, employment contract papers, company contact details with email and telephone numbers, company ID cards attested photocopies, if self employed then annual accounts, VAT etc etc or accountant details

4. ACCOMMODATION
rent free is a great news i.e living with parents and have 1 spare room if only spouse, other wise need more space certified accommodtaion report from your council, monthly rent should be shown in statements in form of cheque or bank transfers, tenancy agreement

5. MARRIAGE
Nikkah nama official translation and attested by ministry of Forign affairs from islamabad and nikkah nama attested as well, it only costs a few rupees to do that. its cheap........... marriage like photographs, mariiage dvd film on disc but these discs are not allowed at VAC islambabad. marriage cards and so on the more the better

6. SPOUSE PERSONAL BIO DOCS

passport, ID CARD official translation from ministry of forign affairs islamabad attested photocopy.
fees 644 pounds plus more at VAC centres for fedex couriers fees
passport size photographs 6 months valid
TB test report obtainable from IOM centres in Pakistan number is 051-111-466-472 between 8am to 1pm mon to fri

digital fingerprints at VAC and digital face photo at VAC

need appointments for TB test and VAC visa forms admission
need to visit photo shop for passport size photo graphs

7. SPONSOR IDs

passport photocopies attested 16 pages (32 in passport but when copies are made becomes 16 pages ), attested from council, solicitors are not accepted if they dont hold law society legal number registration?

sponsors pakistani POC card copies

sponsors decralation for sponsoring spouse
can be obtained from CAB ( citizens advice bureu)

savings account is a top thing to include as travel arrangements are neccessary to mention at the VAF 4A settlment visa application form

and more things but i dont remenber now, may be when i have time i post here again

GOOD LUCK

March gone
April gone
May
June
july
and now august

i had done the similiar mistake, it took me 6 months to understand the process of applying for a spouse's visa as settlement and i got all wrong.... none of my friends helped me instead they lied and gave me wrong information which resulted in refusal of entry clearance for spouse.

6 months in line is a big mistake, not serious though as in appeal visas are always allowed though.

The most important thing that ECO or Home office representative will see if you had been sending any mmoney to visa applicant and as well as communications were weekly or monthly or daily or very often, through the use of mobilephone bills / calls history most UK mobile service prooviders do provide the detailed call history i.e. Lyca Mobile PLUS sim card or the vectone, vectone is not a good option at the moment they do not provide any details for half of the free credit at all. i prefer lyca mobile.

The money matter is the most important, you have to send the visa applicant cash via western union and keep reciepts or the other overseas money transfer services the ones who even send your cash straight into any bank account in Pakistan. YOU must send the money on a monthly basis at a minimum of basic living allowances.

I also earn 1200 a month sometimes, but i live on my own and it is very difficult to send even 100 pounds a month sometimes, although i sent 250 pounds monthly on average but with a 3 months delay sometimes and this was the main objection by home office on tribunal hearing day.

the only two major things that i was mistaken were the money on time sent to spouse and the communictaions not just from UK only but spouse had to have a mobile phponeas well which should be a contract to avoid getting a headache on obtaining statements from pay as you go sim networks... i had the monthly contracted sim card from mobilink with fully itemised billing posted every month...... the ECO would like you to proove that communication should be from both sides and not one sided UK only with a few international phone cards or so called calling cards.... remember calling cards are no longer accepted as a probable proof of contact, you can still use it though as its is the cheapest way to call,, i used meet nomi calling cards because they sometimes give 31 minutes to talk and somethmes only 22 minutes.. average is good,. but i also had to use lyca mobile for the ridiculous proof needed to show my communications in a detailed call history provided by mobile service provider. remember you have to get call istory from spouses side as well and just UK side or sponsor's side.

i could also claim to have contacted via skype free calls made from PC to PC which is obvious that these calls are never kept on calls history statements, but i thought its obvious to be paperized and use lyca mobile from sponsor side and mobilink contract post paid from Pakistan spouse side.
Also visits are also good, always keep the airline tickets with boarding pass tickets as a proof of subsisting the marriage.

and all the rest is simple, the statements must be build to show the rent, if home is rented, other wise if its free accommodation then it is a great news, less financial burden.
statements should also show the outgoings as simple as possible compared to income, and a minimum of 250 pounds must be saved to avoid the HC395 rules which states recourse to public funds.

cannot type more
fingers exhausted

again

you need council tax statement which says that who ever owns the name on property has paid full rate council tax due on that property

bills are not neccessary
electric/gas/water/tv, telephone, internet are not neccessary at all
like wise we dont give them the car insurance certificates and home insurance details... keeep the costs low as possible. save cash and start from some balance before preparing staements for the show...

if i would had to apply for a spouse visa again i will never give them a chance to refuse entry at all cost, now i have the neccessary knowledge.

good points are

open a joint bank account in Pakistan HSBC branches, i tried one but i dont need one now.... its best account no fake zakat deductions and no major issues with credibility, its good

get your spouse a contract post paid sim card from either mobilink, ufone, telenor, warid, zong etc etc
this is great they can send you bills in email and as well as paper bills fully itemised ay no extra costs... its also good as you dont go around to shops for top up vouchers, and in emergency there is plenty of balance all the time.

use a prepaid sim from UK examples are lyca mobile etc etc for detailed call history

send money monthly and keep the reciepts if not sending into bank accounts.... bank accounts with hsbc are credible as other banks dont even have electricty to print statements when requested

show clean bank statements from sponsor with out any over drafts being used.... clean means here simple statements showing outgoings as simple as living expenses in cash withdrawals less frequent, rent in cheques payments, council tax direct debits if paying monthly. recommended is that avoid monthlly payments and pay them in full in one payment to avaoid hassale and struggle. no need to show car insurance direct debits as some people pay around 200 pounds per month meaning no savings at all, dont have the mobilephone bills paid through the statements arrange some other payment methods...

just think positive to find more answers
Last edited by wa51mmm on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wa51mmm
Newly Registered

mp lol

Post by wa51mmm » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:54 pm

naina_12345 wrote:hi...can some one tell me..what mean MP who that person....i m confuse...because lot pepoles talj we get invole our MP...who this person ?
mp made me laugh

member of parliament,,
your local council representative. the person you vote when elections come.
ring the council tax number and ask them who the local mp is in your area?

erased most of the topic discussion, its not personal here

dr in distress

Post by dr in distress » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:54 pm

are you sure you have to submit 16 copies of sponsers passport including blank pages.

farahussain
Newly Registered

Post by farahussain » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:59 pm

RHussain07 wrote:salams all

zmk2 - mubarek on ur success. I'm very pleased for you and that you've overcome this process. pls continue to rememver us in ur prays

c4_2009, shahzad1204 - insha Allah duas are with you. again do
dua for us.

zmk2, c42009 - i actually applied same time as you!! but i've had nothing so far!! its getting difficult with work and rozay coming up...pls do dua for me/rest of us.

s786 - dont worry. you'll be fine. expect something soon insha Allah.

snipered/tweety, farahussain - pls keep the faith..do dua and dont let it spoil ur ramadhan preps!! if MPs are slow, then go their office and show ur face so they take some ownership of ur cases rather than relying on email/phone contact. snipered - did u email the embassy rather than UKBA? one would have thought they would have decided by the time 12 weeks are up. insha Allah duas are with you.

agree there is no difference between where you submitted...isb being quiker could be because its 20mins from the BHC!
Im just going to leave them to contact me now, Your right i could use my valuable time preparing for Ramadhan instead...It all does depend on luck. Allah swt does everything for the best.
My duas are with everyone and hope Allah swt gives you all sabar

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: mp lol

Post by alikhan28 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:10 pm

wa51mmm wrote:
naina_12345 wrote:hi...can some one tell me..what mean MP who that person....i m confuse...because lot pepoles talj we get invole our MP...who this person ?
mp made me laugh

member of parliament,,
your local council representative. the person you vote when elections come.
ring the council tax number and ask them who the local mp is in your area?

erased most of the topic discussion, its not personal here
Click on this link and enter yours post code you would get name of yours mp(member of parliament).

http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/

also this link

http://www.theyworkforyou.com

We learn everyday so dont need to embarrassed.
:roll:

Ali

wa51mmm
Newly Registered

guess better and positive

Post by wa51mmm » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:39 pm

dr in distress wrote:are you sure you have to submit 16 copies of sponsers passport including blank pages.
i know its costly to attest in UK as the costs are 5 pounds per page, but i did not attest except the main bio page, leaving the rest non attested, and it was accepted without any problems.
i was given a quote of 20 pounds for 16 pages from a fake solicitor, i believe, but i did not to save some pennies possible.

100% sure

several reasons but some here

they want to see complete passport to establish your stay in Pakistan if you have visited to get married or was it just sum ting else, thats the reason

in some cases there had been reports that people get married over telephone calls lol

to apply for settlement visa spouse and sponsor must have met to qualify for intentions to settle permanently.

sabeennaz
Newly Registered

appeal

Post by sabeennaz » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:20 am

hopefully u and ur wife will be together inshallah soon, its been long wait for u but uve done the hard work. im waiting for my appeal now in september.

can u help me with appeal hearing as i am sooo nervous.

did u take ur passport with u at the hearing or any other papers etc?

what questions did they ask u at the hearing? is it general or only questions u were refused on? i was refused on accounts and subsisting marriage

did u attend with ur solicitor? and did he asnwer most or all questions on ur behalf? did u have to talk much? can my solicitor answer most of my questions or do they ask me to answer?

how many immigration ppl were there at the hearing?

how long did it last?

did they ask u if there was anything else u would like to say at the end?

basically every single step of the hearing if u can...plzzzzzzzzz even the smallest things u can remember will help me it...and i am so happy.

hope i can be in ur position soon too inshallah

take care:) and jazakAllah khair bro- ramadhan mubarak!!!!

sabeennaz
Newly Registered

appeal

Post by sabeennaz » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:26 am

wa51mmm

jazakAllah khair u have been so helpful, May Allah reward you with good :)

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:58 am

salam all, these are the documents I submitted.

Documents List

• Applicants Passport
• Applicants NADRA NIC CARD Urdu
• Applicants NADRA NIC CARD Photocopies Attested English translated
• TB Test certificate
• Sponsor’s Declaration letter
• Sponsorship Undertaking (Form SU07/01)
• Attested copy of sponsor’s British passport
• Attested copy of sponsor’s Pakistan NADRA NIC card
• Tenancy Agreement / Rent Book
• Letter from Landlord
• Property Inspection Report
• Employment letter/ Employee ID card Photocopy
• Payslips (3 months)
• Bank Statements (3 months)
• Calling Cards/ Calling cards used in Dubai
• Skype invoice
• A print out from www.ezetop.com
• Flight Tickets, Ticket Invoice and Boarding Passes (2010)
• Flight Tickets and Boarding Passes (2009)
• Ufone Itemised Bill
• Sponsors money transfer receipt (Western Union)
• Decree Absolute(Sponsor)
• Applicants Original TalakNama( Divorce paper) Urdu
• Applicants Attested Translated TalakNama( Divorce paper)English
• Original Nikah Nama (Marriage certificate)Urdu
• Translated Nikha Nama (Marriage certificate) Attested English
• Wedding Photographs (03/2010)
• Photographs from 2009 visit
When you feel all alone in this world
And there's nobody to count your tears
Just remember, no matter where you are
Allah knows
Allah knows
[Moderator edit]

jamesmad
Newly Registered

Post by jamesmad » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:45 pm

Dear all ,

- I understand that we need to submit a photocopy of each documet. Does it include a copy of VAF4a form, applicant's passport, TB certificate ?
As the applicatation already includes a certified copy of sponsor's passport, I don't think we need a copy of that. Can anybody explain please?

- There is Supporting documents checklist for VAF4 and VAF5. Is it really required as I am including an Index page anyway. This checklinst document mentions "Two sets of detailed itemised list of
supporting documents"... What is that about?

- Also, I have't been able to speak to the call centre people. Do you know what's the waiting time these days for an appointment?

Wasalam,

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:48 pm

salam

I submitted photocopy of the attested sponsor passport and copies of tb certificate. As far i now u don't have to photocopy the application form. how ever photocopy one for ur self. Just stick to Batleykhan's guide and you will be ok InshaALLAH.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=4320
When you feel all alone in this world
And there's nobody to count your tears
Just remember, no matter where you are
Allah knows
Allah knows
[Moderator edit]

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:52 pm

zmk2 wrote:salam

I submitted photocopy of the attested sponsor passport and copies of tb certificate. As far i now u don't have to photocopy the application form. how ever photocopy one for ur self. Just stick to Batleykhan's guide and you will be ok InshaALLAH.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=4320
Well my understating is you need photocopy of application form as well and one set of each documents you have supplied including tb and sponsor passport.

I remembered when VAC staff asked me to get photocopy of form as well.

Regards

Ali

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:58 pm

Does it include a copy of VAF4a form, applicant's passport, TB certificate ?
As the applicatation already includes a certified copy of sponsor's passport, I don't think we need a copy of that. Can anybody explain please?
Yes
There is Supporting documents checklist for VAF4 and VAF5. Is it really required as I am including an Index page anyway. This checklinst document mentions "Two sets of detailed itemised list of
supporting documents"... What is that about?
Yes this is required.Write List of all documents you have supplied

- Also, I have't been able to speak to the call centre people. Do you know what's the waiting time these days for an appointment?
I remembered when I booked mine they were given appoints for one months.Like if you ring on 1 march you can get appointment for march only(not for April).But due to visa delay may be they have changed that.
So better ring them and confirm.Ring them off peak otherwise you would be on hold.

Ali

Tweety
Newly Registered

Post by Tweety » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:33 am

i wish and pray 4 everyone to get the visa and good luck to all who will be collecting their passports today :D Please kindly update us with the outcome :lol:

SF786

Post by SF786 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:10 am

Assalamalaikum yep I think C4_2007 and shahzad1204 are getting results today. All the best guys. InshaAllah it will be good news. Our duas are with you :)
"If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it"

TANVIR786
Newly Registered

Sponsor’s Declaration letter • Sponsorship Undertaking (

Post by TANVIR786 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:45 am

zmk2 wrote:salam all, these are the documents I submitted.

Documents List

• Applicants Passport
• Applicants NADRA NIC CARD Urdu
• Applicants NADRA NIC CARD Photocopies Attested English translated
• TB Test certificate
• Sponsor’s Declaration letter
• Sponsorship Undertaking (Form SU07/01)
• Attested copy of sponsor’s British passport
• Attested copy of sponsor’s Pakistan NADRA NIC card
• Tenancy Agreement / Rent Book
• Letter from Landlord
• Property Inspection Report
• Employment letter/ Employee ID card Photocopy
• Payslips (3 months)
• Bank Statements (3 months)
• Calling Cards/ Calling cards used in Dubai
• Skype invoice
• A print out from www.ezetop.com
• Flight Tickets, Ticket Invoice and Boarding Passes (2010)
• Flight Tickets and Boarding Passes (2009)
• Ufone Itemised Bill
• Sponsors money transfer receipt (Western Union)
• Decree Absolute(Sponsor)
• Applicants Original TalakNama( Divorce paper) Urdu
• Applicants Attested Translated TalakNama( Divorce paper)English
• Original Nikah Nama (Marriage certificate)Urdu
• Translated Nikha Nama (Marriage certificate) Attested English
• Wedding Photographs (03/2010)
• Photographs from 2009 visit
Hi,

Do you have a template for the Sponsor’s Declaration letter • Sponsorship Undertaking????

Also do these need to be attested by solicitor???

Thanks

shazadkhan4545
Newly Registered

Re: visa

Post by shazadkhan4545 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:59 am

wa51mmm wrote:
shazadkhan4545 wrote:hi ppl,

salaam everyone, i wanted to find out if i got 3months bank statements and 3 months payslips..is that ok? and my balance will show about £350 free income after my expenditure.i get paid £1200.
can someone plz help me? who has already submitted their paperwork so i can get some advice.

thanks

yes sure, help is at hand.

that means each month saved 350 and the starting was just 350 and now the closing balance is 1050, by the time of application it is going to be 1400 and by the time of decision its going to be more than 1700, it should be alright if you can maintain this saved.

everything matters at the time of application, because the visa fee alone stands at 644 pounds for settlement only

thanks waseem brother,

Very much appreciated..so i should be fine then? this was my main concern..thanks alot..i very much appreciate it.is your wifes visa gone through?

c4_2007

Post by c4_2007 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:21 am

AsslamuAlaykumWarhamatullah,

After over 3 months of waiting, Allah has rewarded me and and my wife with the Visa. AlhamdulilaheRabillAlameen!!! :D :) 8)

May Allah give everyone the same news.

InshAllah I will post the list of doc's I submitted very shortly.

I wanted to say a big Thank-You and JazakumAllahuKhair for everyones support over the last three months. Its a shame thart I only found out about the forums after I submitted my application, but it been a good place to keep up motivation and bring my self at ease.

InshAllah I will continue to keep up to date with the forums and provide help were I have the knowledge to do so.
Tues 04/05/2010 - App submitted Lahore
Wed 05/05/2010 - App forwarded to Islamabad OC.
Mon 17/05/10 - Visa Application is under process at British High Commission
Tue 29/06/19 - HR contacted
Thur 22/07/10- Email to confirm decision Made

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:10 am

[quote="c4_2007"]AsslamuAlaykumWarhamatullah,

After over 3 months of waiting, Allah has rewarded me and and my wife with the Visa. AlhamdulilaheRabillAlameen!!! :D :) 8)

quote]

Lots of Mubarek 2 U. CONGRATULATIONS.

You must be relieved which I think is the correct word after all of this!!

Very pleased for you...yes pls continue to do dua for whom are still waiting...i applied same times as you and no word. I'm hopeful of something asap insha Allah.

Well done again!!!!!!

SF786

Post by SF786 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:18 pm

c4_2007 wrote:AsslamuAlaykumWarhamatullah,

Walaikumsalam and Mubarak :) really happy for you!
"If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it"

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: Sponsor’s Declaration letter • Sponsorship Undertaki

Post by alikhan28 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:37 pm

Do you have a template for the Sponsor’s Declaration letter • Sponsorship Undertaking????

Also do these need to be attested by solicitor???

Well my understanding is that this is not required unless ECO request this.

Again this dont need to be certified.

I know some people send this with application but this is not requirement unless Eco asked for this.

Ali

K44MYY

HOW TO CHECK APPLICATION ONLINE

Post by K44MYY » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:48 pm

Salaam everyone

Ive just got back from Pakistan yesterday. Thanks to Allah

I went with my wife on the 22nd of July to Mirpur got the TB done and then handed the applicatio form. 1st Hand experience of it all. What a day it was spend whole day got messed around by them, took 3 hours just to hand in application form.

Im trying to track application online anyone know how to enter the reference in, lower,uppercase etc pls help.

Thanks

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:17 pm

Aoq, c4_2007 & zmk2...
Many Congratulations for both of you's May Allah fullfil you life's with happiness Ameen...

SF786, any news yet hope you hear soon inshallah... :D
La ila ha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minazzalimeen! Recite this Inshallah it will help everyone...

tellmenow

Post by tellmenow » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:21 pm

SALAM! RAMADHAN MUBARAK NEARLY!

I got good news for you Mirpur applicants, Alhamdulilah my wife was issued a visa.

Date of submission 17/05/10
Status Changed to collect on Visa website 06/08/10
Collected visa today 09/08/10

it has been EXACTLY 3 months since the application date.

There was no Employer contact and get this i didnt even submit any phone cards or means of contact. The only thing I sent was some wedding photos.

I was worried at first but then thought the other evidence like my letter to say i'll fully support my wife (which we both signed and dated) must have gone some way in convincing the officer.

Anyways inshallah everyone who is still waiting from April, May and the most recent I make dua Allah grants you all happy news.

My salaams.

Should change my username now from tellmenow to Ivebeentold haha. lol

humtum

Visa

Post by humtum » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Salam Tellmenow
Congratulations really good news.Good luck for future.one question please can you tell me visa issue date.just want to check how long it's took them to call u after the visa issue date