ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:06 pm

NAZ786 wrote:Aoq SF786, Kaidee

Any updates yet:?:
Aoq NAZ786,

I've still had no update. The status is still under process!! - i'm in my 16th week now. I'm still waiting to hear back from MP and UKBA. I emailed both around 10 days ago now but nothing...cant believe what is going on. insha Allah we will get our passports/visa any day this week.

Duas arw with you all inc. farahussain and BJ touch who are still waiting too!!! - dont know what the embassy is playing at...really dont.

HAPPY 23 - well done on getting your passport back!!! althought urs was an appeal case (and you knew the outcome already), its good to see you've got it back as you submitted at the start of May which quite a few of us have.

confused.com!

Post by confused.com! » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:16 pm

rhussain what email address are u emailing. When i email gerrys i get a reply back within hours.

Have u tried this one?

ukhub.pakistansettlementenquiriesandcomplaints@fco.gov.uk

16 weeks is too long.Do you know if a decision has been made yet?

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:26 pm

confused.com! wrote:rhussain what email address are u emailing. When i email gerrys i get a reply back within hours.

Have u tried this one?

ukhub.pakistansettlementenquiriesandcomplaints@fco.gov.uk

16 weeks is too long.Do you know if a decision has been made yet?
Yes i've emailed that one twice about 10 days ago and they havent replied!!

Yes decision has been a while ago. I emailed them around mid July and they replied saying it had been processed and wait for the VAc to get in touch but still nothing...but no I dont know the decision. insha Allah hopeful for a breakthru this week as the waiting is becoming v.v.hard. duas also wth rest of u

confused.com!

Post by confused.com! » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:32 pm

Just a few minutes ago i got this reply:

A decision has been made on your application on 9th August.Once it is returned to Gerrys they will contact the applicant for collection - this process can take at least several weeks.

Please note we do not provide the nature of the decision by e-mail. The applicant will be aware of the decision when they collect the passport.

I only emailed them 5 hours ago so whats taking them so long to reply to you! have u escalated this into a complaint yet and have u rung gerrys personally yet?

Guys - once your decision has been made, how long has it been for you to finally find out what it is. This reply was quite vague, thought i might get a hint in it, but nothing!

qasimb123
Newly Registered

Post by qasimb123 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:59 pm

Got a reply back from the Visa section this afternoon, replied back in 2hours

Dear Sir/Madam,

A decision has been made on your application on 9th August. Once the passport has been returned to Gerrys they will contact the applicant to collect her passport. This process can take at least 2 weeks.

Please note we do not provide the nature of the decision by e-mail. The applicant will be aware of the decision when they collect the passport.

Regards
UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team

Application Date was 25/05/2010 Islamabad, Employer was contacted on 9/08/2010

confused.com!

Post by confused.com! » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:06 pm

hey qasim! looks like me and u applied at the exact same time, so did yousafa and our employers were contacted on the same day as well as the decision being made on the same day.

Yousafa has found out his wifes visa was issued because his MP chased it up. I think thats the only thing we can do now as well

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:21 pm

AOA786

My 10th week will be finishd in 2 days but no employer contectd yet ?

sally2244
Newly Registered

Post by sally2244 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:56 pm

salam every1, im in the beginning of gathering all the documents to make an application for a visa settlement for my husband. i have been so stressed just thinking about it for about two months and i havent even started yet!! i discovered this forum about 4 days ago and just reading ever1s experiences has gotten me 10 times more depressed !!! :(

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:58 pm

Aoq, qasimb123 & confused.com

You guys should contact your MP's like yousafa did, maybe you will get good response. You were contacted in the 10th week same as me! Inshallah it will be positive news for all of us.

Gerry's have mentioned it will take another 2weeks or so? so it's better to contact MP, which i will do soon inshallah im in my 11th at the moment. :D
La ila ha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minazzalimeen! Recite this Inshallah it will help everyone...

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:59 pm

AOA786

Sally2244
what do you want to ask ? you can ask here becouse everybody have there own luck about visa but for documents you can ask questions here .

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:00 pm

taswar they will contact your employer so just wait till next week not to worry Inshallah Allah will do best for you.
La ila ha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minazzalimeen! Recite this Inshallah it will help everyone...

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:04 pm

Sally2244,
I felt exactly the same way? but i found this forum after i had applied for my husbands case, and everyone is so helpful!
So you can ask anything on this forum your questions will be answered so not to stress!

sally2244
Newly Registered

Post by sally2244 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:05 pm

my husband works and i dont, but im the sponsorer, he had a good sum of savings but he bought a property in egypt so now we only have his monthly salary with hardly any savings :(

maryammajid786

Post by maryammajid786 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:03 pm

aoa

i submitted my application on 11 june.Not heard anything yet.

Allah Hafiz

sally2244
Newly Registered

Post by sally2244 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:13 pm

[quote="maryammajid786"]aoa

i submitted my application on 11 june.Not heard anything yet.

Allah Hafiz[/quote]

are you sponsoring your husband or is he sponsoring you?

Henah

Post by Henah » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:25 pm

Hi all,

My husband finally gave in our case yesterday 16/08/2010... Is there anyone on herewho has submitted in Augustor is thinking of it?? If so we could compare the progress of our cases.

Also my hubby got a text yesterday saying '...has been dispatched to the British High Commission on16/08/2010 or processing'..

Does this mean they actually sent it of on that date to the uk??

Ive joined alot of u in the 'waiting game' now... feeling nervous n sick at the same time!!

Henah

Post by Henah » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:28 pm

To sally2244.... ''If my husband works and i dont, but im the sponsorer,''

Sally2244 If you are the Sponsor u will need a job in order to sponsr ure hubby and apply for his Visa

Henah

Post by Henah » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:38 pm

Congrats to Yousafa n happy23 for successful Visas. May allah bless u both with a blissfull marriage!! Ameen

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:52 pm

AOA786

maryammajid786 I submitd on 10th June so they did not contectd with my employer yet ? what about you where did you submitd the application?

Jazak Allah khair

sally2244
Newly Registered

Post by sally2244 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:17 pm

henna, i was told that if my husband is working and is able to provide for the family financially then i can sponsor him so long as im not on any benefits which im not

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:19 pm

confused.com! wrote:hey qasim! looks like me and u applied at the exact same time, so did yousafa and our employers were contacted on the same day as well as the decision being made on the same day.

Yousafa has found out his wifes visa was issued because his MP chased it up. I think thats the only thing we can do now as well
I have a quick question.Do anybody has any idea in how much time Mp respond when you send an email.My friend has send an email but heard nothing.Now 2 days has passed.

Ali

ehmud555

Post by ehmud555 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:48 pm

Guys my 12 weeks are up today, what now?

jamesmad
Newly Registered

Post by jamesmad » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:13 pm

Salams and Ramadhan Mubarak,

If the sponsor has a Pakistani passport and a british passport, should the copy of Pakistani passport also be provided with the application? The Pakistani passport is used for travel to/from Pakistan.
I only intend to submit a copy of my British passport as an evidence of my status in the UK. Is that OK?

I spoke to a solicitor to certify a copy of my british passport. She quoted 7 quid per signature and tried hard to persuade me that I dont need to certify every page of my passport and they do it all the time for visa applications/appeals. All pages are blank anyway. Now I have read the guidance notes that the copy of biographic is only needed. Now I am going to check another solicitor tomorrow. Any opinions are much appreciated

In VAF4a , there is a question about whether the application and sponsor have lived together (including the time of marriage): We are going to write: "DD-MM-YYYY to DD-MM-YYYY at my currnt address. "

The form guidance notes state " provide documentary evidence". What documentary evidence is needed now to show that we lived together?

BatleyKhan: I thought I am done with all documentary evidence , I am having to read these things now :(

I am due to send all documents next week and having these last minute queries after reading the Vaf4a guidance notes. BTW, I am trying to print the PDF copy, but the printed copy is being cut from the right side. I don't know if it happens to everybody. Will try another printer tomorrow.

Thanks.

sally2244
Newly Registered

Post by sally2244 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:08 pm

jamesmad, i guess were on the same boat!! im still collecting all my documents to apply too and im going mad!!!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:03 am

jamesmad wrote:Salams and Ramadhan Mubarak,

If the sponsor has a Pakistani passport and a British passport, should the copy of Pakistani passport also be provided with the application? The Pakistani passport is used for travel to/from Pakistan.
I only intend to submit a copy of my British passport as an evidence of my status in the UK. Is that OK?

You need to submit both passports especially if you have used the Pakistani passport to enter and exit Pakistan as that will be proof of your visit to meet your spouse/get married. Your British passport can be used as proof of your status in UK

I spoke to a solicitor to certify a copy of my British passport. She quoted 7 quid per signature and tried hard to persuade me that I dont need to certify every page of my passport and they do it all the time for visa applications/appeals. All pages are blank anyway. Now I have read the guidance notes that the copy of biographic is only needed. Now I am going to check another solicitor tomorrow. Any opinions are much appreciated

You need to copy every page as a safety precaution even the blank ones.You should pay no more than £15 for the whole lot. I think you are being ripped off.

If you do what you have stated above by sending copies of just 2-3 pages of your Brit passport and not your pakistani, then how are you going to prove you met or married your wife in Pakistan. Your say your Brit passport is blank of any entry and exit stamps( cos they are all in Pakistani passport) Do you understand what I mean ?????????

In VAF4a , there is a question about whether the application and sponsor have lived together (including the time of marriage): We are going to write: "DD-MM-YYYY to DD-MM-YYYY at my currnt address.

Yes thats right"

The form guidance notes state " provide documentary evidence". What documentary evidence is needed now to show that we lived together?

Yes these will be your wedding photos and those taken a few weeks after your wedding

BatleyKhan: I thought I am done with all documentary evidence , I am having to read these things now :(

I am due to send all documents next week and having these last minute queries after reading the Vaf4a guidance notes. BTW, I am trying to print the PDF copy, but the printed copy is being cut from the right side. I don't know if it happens to everybody. Will try another printer tomorrow.

Thanks.