ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:07 am

sally2244 wrote:jamesmad, i guess were on the same boat!! im still collecting all my documents to apply too and im going mad!!!
Dont get yourself in a pickle.Calm down first and then ask your questions here and we will try and help you out. Chill out first 8) 8) 8)

confused.com!

Post by confused.com! » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:09 am

hey guys. Just tried calling my MP and there is an answering message saying the office is closed to 1st september due to staff holidays and overflow of casework and we cant leave a message or email them. Can anyone advise me on who to contact next or can i steal some one elses MP!

SF786

Post by SF786 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:00 am

Assalamalaikum all

Happy23 I'm so happy for you :) I am desperate to hear more good news this week to give me some hope! Even better if I'm included in the group of people that get good news.

It has now been 15 weeks since the submission of our application.

May Allah give us good news this week inshaAllah! May Allah make the wait easy for us! Ameen
"If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it"

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:45 am

sally2244 wrote:salam every1, im in the beginning of gathering all the documents to make an application for a visa settlement for my husband. i have been so stressed just thinking about it for about two months and i havent even started yet!! i discovered this forum about 4 days ago and just reading ever1s experiences has gotten me 10 times more depressed !!! :(
sally2244 we all know how frightening it can be. I felt the same as read to the 1st few pages and though my god there are over 200 pages to go through.
Dont worry you have to start some where, feel free to ask any question about your paperwork.

1st step would be to get all your bank statements and wage slips together then the rest is quite simple and straight forward.
Everyone masha Allah is very helpfull like a close nit community.

:D

All the best
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:50 am

Henah wrote:Hi all,

My husband finally gave in our case yesterday 16/08/2010... Is there anyone on herewho has submitted in Augustor is thinking of it?? If so we could compare the progress of our cases.

Also my hubby got a text yesterday saying '...has been dispatched to the British High Commission on16/08/2010 or processing'..

Does this mean they actually sent it of on that date to the uk??

Ive joined alot of u in the 'waiting game' now... feeling nervous n sick at the same time!!
Henah - it will have been sent to Islamabad not the UK

Yes join the wait - Insha Allah our Allah will listen to everyones prayers and we will have our partners with us in no time.
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

chezza100

Post by chezza100 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:55 am

Hi

I received the follow9ing reply this morning from STE.UKHUB@fco.gov.uk:

Thank you for your email enquiring about the progress of your husband's appeal case. The determination letter has been requested. Various checks must be completed on all visa applications including overturned or allowed appeals. When these checks have been completed on your application your passport will be returned to Gerrys with a decision. You will then be contacted by Gerrys to collect your passport. Unfortunately we cannot specify what date this will be.

We have been waiting 17 since weeks for a call letter.

I am a bit confused because when an appeal is overturned does anybody know what further checks they are talking about? Surely the judges decision is final as we proved everything during the hearing.

Has anybody had expereince of this?

someperson49
Newly Registered

Re: Settlement Visa

Post by someperson49 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:43 am

srzsr wrote:My wife submitted her settlement visa, on the 1st April 2010 at lahore.

it has been 98 working days and the status still says:

forwarded to Islamabad OC.

I am worried because I see people who applied for there settlement visa much later than we did and there status has changed.

According to the website it doesnt take longer than 120 days but our visa is on 98 days and is still not under process.

I have sent emails to many different email addresses querying our visa but they all give generic meaningless responses. I have tried to contact my local MP but parliament is on break.

Can anyone advise me what to do and does the status always change?
My wife submitted a day before yours on 31/03/10, so today it has been 20 weeks for us and still no change at all in the online status. I emailed them to ask what exact date the decision was made and was told that the visa had to be reissued due to delays. This is how I found out, but were still waiting. This is the only email address they replied to and that was after a few times, maybe worth a try.

UKHUB.PakistanSettlementEnquiriesandComplaints@fco.gov.uk

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:48 am

is there a number we can ring about the process of visa? Today my 12 weeks are up for my husbands visa, please can someone give me a number? Should i email them today or tommorow?

srzsr
Newly Registered

Post by srzsr » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:22 am

confused.com! wrote:hey guys. Just tried calling my MP and there is an answering message saying the office is closed to 1st september due to staff holidays and overflow of casework and we cant leave a message or email them. Can anyone advise me on who to contact next or can i steal some one elses MP!
Eventhough the office is closed, u should email them. If you search on the web and find an email address for your mp, they should reply. The have been that work during the break for urgent issues like visas. Just search and try to find an email address for your mp.

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:24 am

Hi asmajafar,
Your in the queue with confused.com and yousafa and me... we all applied last week of May 2010...
So inshallah we should hear soon. Has your employer been contacted yet?
La ila ha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minazzalimeen! Recite this Inshallah it will help everyone...

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:40 am

Yh i applied last week of may too - have any of you had a reply back about visa? my husband submitted his visa in mirpur - so wa would the email address be?

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:56 am

NAZ786 wrote:Aoq SF786, Kaidee

Any updates yet:?:
Update:

Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same 08/18/2010

The moment of truth has arrived :?
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:19 pm

In The Name of ALLAH, SWT, Most Mericful, Most High

My wife received the long awaiting sms yesterday to collect her passport.

She went today and a visa has been issued. Subhan Allah. I'm so relieved.

I'm grateful to ALLAH for knowing what was in our hearts and listening to our duas each day.

Its been a long wait, painful at times, but ALLAH gave us strenght and we never lost hope, and we got the end the end.

Submitted: 03 May
Under process: 18 May
Visa issued: 25 June
Collected 18 August.

Thats almost 8 weeks the Embassy had our passport. I cant believe all this has happened so quickly mash Allah.

My heart and duas go to those who have been for a long time especially farahussain, someperson, BJ Touch and those that are having to go thru the appeals process.

May ALLAH give you the desired result. SUBHAN ALLAH

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:21 pm

rhussain, you are very lucky, congratulations.

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:27 pm

asmajafar wrote:rhussain, you are very lucky, congratulations.
Thank you asma. you know I waited 16 weeks for a response!!! but mash ALLAH I made alot of dua and ALLAH helped me through this.

I'll do dua for you and the rest. insha Allah its just a matter of waiting for when it is your turn. waiting is the hardest thing but you need to remain strong and in-faith and you will get your outcome...insha ALLAH you've note long to go now either.

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:30 pm

yes inshallah hopefully i will get a positive reply. it has been 12 weeks today for me and i emailed them and they said then once it over 12 weeks email us. its the waiting that is hard. :(
please do dua for me thanks

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:04 pm

Got a reply from my email:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. A decision has not yet been taken on this application. Once a decsion is made the passport will be returned to Gerrys and the applicant will be contacted by them when it is ready for collection. The advertised processing time for settlement cases is 12 weeks but some cases will take longer than 12 weeks to resolve.

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team

guess ill have to wait longer!

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:26 pm

Good luck Kaidee. Let us know the outcome? :D
La ila ha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minazzalimeen! Recite this Inshallah it will help everyone...

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:38 pm

Aoq, Rhussain07

You got your visa issued in 7 weeks and they gave your passport after 8 weeks, Your application was processed quite quickly Lucky you! All together you had to wait 15 weeks!

Congratulations... :D

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:50 pm

asmajafar.

I know that yousafa contact MP and was told wife was granted visa. confused.com has had decision made still waiting! and myself they contacted my employer 12/08/2010 in the 10th week!
Still waiting to hear Inshallah it will be all postive news for all of us Inshallah.

You can email on the following address:
ukhub.pakistansettlementenquiriesandcomplaints@fco.gov.uk

Good Luck! :D

jamesmad
Newly Registered

Post by jamesmad » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:55 pm

batleykhan wrote:
jamesmad wrote:Salams and Ramadhan Mubarak,

If the sponsor has a Pakistani passport and a British passport, should the copy of Pakistani passport also be provided with the application? The Pakistani passport is used for travel to/from Pakistan.
I only intend to submit a copy of my British passport as an evidence of my status in the UK. Is that OK?

You need to submit both passports especially if you have used the Pakistani passport to enter and exit Pakistan as that will be proof of your visit to meet your spouse/get married. Your British passport can be used as proof of your status in UK

I spoke to a solicitor to certify a copy of my British passport. She quoted 7 quid per signature and tried hard to persuade me that I dont need to certify every page of my passport and they do it all the time for visa applications/appeals. All pages are blank anyway. Now I have read the guidance notes that the copy of biographic is only needed. Now I am going to check another solicitor tomorrow. Any opinions are much appreciated

You need to copy every page as a safety precaution even the blank ones.You should pay no more than £15 for the whole lot. I think you are being ripped off.

If you do what you have stated above by sending copies of just 2-3 pages of your Brit passport and not your pakistani, then how are you going to prove you met or married your wife in Pakistan. Your say your Brit passport is blank of any entry and exit stamps( cos they are all in Pakistani passport) Do you understand what I mean ?????????

In VAF4a , there is a question about whether the application and sponsor have lived together (including the time of marriage): We are going to write: "DD-MM-YYYY to DD-MM-YYYY at my currnt address.

Yes thats right"

The form guidance notes state " provide documentary evidence". What documentary evidence is needed now to show that we lived together?

Yes these will be your wedding photos and those taken a few weeks after your wedding

BatleyKhan: I thought I am done with all documentary evidence , I am having to read these things now :(

I am due to send all documents next week and having these last minute queries after reading the Vaf4a guidance notes. BTW, I am trying to print the PDF copy, but the printed copy is being cut from the right side. I don't know if it happens to everybody. Will try another printer tomorrow.

Thanks.
Batley, I understand your point. Yes,I do :D. First I was going to provide marriage photographs as an evidence of having met with each other. Looks like its better to provide entry/exit stamps from the Pakistani passport pages to confirm the dates of the my stay.

I don't have any photographs after marriage (when we lived together). What other evidence can be used? It's our family residence and we are not named on any utility bills etc. Would the copy of Pakistani Passport with exit/entry stamps suffice for this requirement?

I called another solicitor office today, and they quoted me 7 to 10 quid per page. Trust me I am not calling those top notch legal firms. Does anybody know a solicitor in West London?

qasimb123
Newly Registered

Post by qasimb123 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:31 pm

My wife tried to ring the Islamabad VAC today to check if her paper work have arrived, to our luck again no one acknowledges her phone call as they accept the call and then let it run so they can rob her phone credits more likely. She had the same problem when she tried to book appointment to hand in the application form. Have other ppl spouses experience this as well.

SF786

Post by SF786 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:59 pm

Assalamalaikum all I woke up at Sehri and prayed with all my heart that we get the passport back before the end of this week and looks like Allah has listened to my dua; alhumduliAllah status changed today to:

"Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same 08/18/ 2010"

InshaAllah will find out tomorrow!

Kaidee me and you in the same boat bro! :)

Congrats rhussain07, I'm really happy for you :)

farahussain
Newly Registered

Post by farahussain » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:02 pm

RHussain07 wrote:In The Name of ALLAH, SWT, Most Mericful, Most High

My wife received the long awaiting sms yesterday to collect her passport.

She went today and a visa has been issued. Subhan Allah. I'm so relieved.

I'm grateful to ALLAH for knowing what was in our hearts and listening to our duas each day.

Its been a long wait, painful at times, but ALLAH gave us strenght and we never lost hope, and we got the end the end.

Submitted: 03 May
Under process: 18 May
Visa issued: 25 June
Collected 18 August.

Thats almost 8 weeks the Embassy had our passport. I cant believe all this has happened so quickly mash Allah.

My heart and duas go to those who have been for a long time especially farahussain, someperson, BJ Touch and those that are having to go thru the appeals process.

May ALLAH give you the desired result. SUBHAN ALLAH
Congratulations, im really happy for you..Hope allah swt gives you both all the happiness in the world...Ameen

I emailed uk hub and they have emailed islamabad to chase it up and find out why there is a delay...so pray for me now...inshallah, soon i will hear from them too. its 16 weeks today :-(

SF786

Post by SF786 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:10 pm

Farahussain I received the same reply from them last week and a week later status changed :) inshaAllah you should definitely get the passport back by next week!