ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:49 pm

hey Joe_90 I need ur help please!

my husband subbmited his application in Mirpur on 26/05/10
I emailed the UK HUB address today to get an update and this is the reply i got:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. All settlement applications are lodged in Pakistan and processed in the UK. I have checked on the status of your application and can confirm that your application is currently being processed and a decision will be made in due course.

The VAC will be contacting you shortly when your paperwork is ready for collection. Please do not contact them direct as this may cause a delay to all applications.

What does this mean? How will i find out if the visa has been granted? Do i email them again after a week?

Yousafa

Post by Yousafa » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:34 pm

asmajafar wrote:hey Joe_90 I need ur help please!

my husband subbmited his application in Mirpur on 26/05/10
I emailed the UK HUB address today to get an update and this is the reply i got:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. All settlement applications are lodged in Pakistan and processed in the UK. I have checked on the status of your application and can confirm that your application is currently being processed and a decision will be made in due course.

The VAC will be contacting you shortly when your paperwork is ready for collection. Please do not contact them direct as this may cause a delay to all applications.

What does this mean? How will i find out if the visa has been granted? Do i email them again after a week?
Asma,

This is a standard response from them. Most members on the board who have emailed UK HUB have had the same response.

Basically this means that your application in under process, as in it is being reviewed at the moment.

They will not tell you the decision over email due to the Data Protection Act. If i was in your situation I would wait a week or so and contact them again to see if a decision was made. Unfortunately you can't do anyuthing but wait.

As your twelve weeks are up you could try contacting your MP and seeing if they can follow up the progress of your application.

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:40 pm

hey thanks for your responce yousafa - where would i get the details for my MP?

joe_90
Newly Registered

Post by joe_90 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:44 pm

Hi Asma,

I used to get the standard replies from them, decided to contact MP and got an answer on my application and was told it had been approved on the 19/07/2010.

In week 12 emailed UKHUB they advised to wait 2 more week and they told me visa had been issued. I think they will tell you the outcome if you have already been told by your MP and if you use the same email address as in the application...otherwise they will just say data protection ...

Find your MP by http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/

Also try emailing the following email address :

Appeals.Islamabad@fco.gov.uk. They sent one back 2 days later to advise there was a delay in printing my decision.

imranh

Post by imranh » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:45 pm

Hi I am new to the forum and need some help urgently plz

I am compiling the case for my wife in pakistan who is about to apply for a settlement VISA

Here is what I have at the moment

employment letter stating the nature of my employment and details
wage slips from December 2009 proving I more than sufficient salary
P60
Current Account bank statements from December 2009 showing I have more than £1.5k in my account
Photocopied Passport stamped by my solicitor
declaration from my father that I am allowed to live at his address rent free and for as long as I want - stamped also by solicitor
spousal support document stating I am going to support my wife - stamped also by solicitor
land registry details of my father's house
accomodation report about the house
Marriage Certificate in English and urdu
Photocopies of Wife's passport and ID card
3 wedding photos of me and my wife together
photocopies of wifes tb test certificate
phone bills and letters for proof of contact
copy of visa page (entry clearance) of my passport
completed VAF4A form

is there anything that I am missing???

Just some background info - I got married on the 25th July and was in Pakistan for 2 weeks and since my return to the UK I have been contacting her regularly using dialacode and my own mobile number and she has written one letter to me.

My questions are that
1) on the nikah namah my wifes surname is her own family name whilst on her ID card its in my surname saying I am the husband and also on her passport its in my surname. Is that ok??

2) my wife cant find her birth certificate but i have been advised her birth certificate nor my birth certificate are required. Is that correct??

3) do I have to also supply the photocopies of the original documentation including the VAF4A form aswell when my wife applies for her VISA

4) does my wife also need to supply passport size photos of her aswell

PLZ HELP COZ I AM PANICKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jamesmad
Newly Registered

Post by jamesmad » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:05 pm

BatleyKhan,
I have just sent you a PM but It does't seem to be shown in the sent box. Have you seen this?

Regards,

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:52 pm

Salaam imranh welcome to the forum. Nice to hae you on board. Everyone will try to help you Insha Allah.

My questions are that
1) on the nikah namah my wifes surname is her own family name whilst on her ID card its in my surname saying I am the husband and also on her passport its in my surname. Is that ok??

Im sure this is fine as after marriage you had the ID card and passport made on your name rather than her fathers

Batleykhan would this be OK? pls assist

2) my wife cant find her birth certificate but i have been advised her birth certificate nor my birth certificate are required. Is that correct??

This is correct you dont need to submit birth certificate as the passport is used instead to verify age,D.O.B

3) do I have to also supply the photocopies of the original documentation including the VAF4A form aswell when my wife applies for her VISA

Yes make 3 copies two for the visa agency and 1 copy left with your spouse incase they loose documents so you will have a backup of them.

4) does my wife also need to supply passport size photos of her aswell.
Yes she will need passport size photos as to attach to the vaf4 application when you hand them in.

PLEASE FOLLOW GUIDLINE SET OUT BY BATLEYKHAN AT LINK BELOW:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=4320

Any questions pls ask Batleykhan as he is the man who knows more on the topic and im sure he will assist you.

Good Luck
Last edited by K44MYY on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:53 pm

*********** JUNE/JULY MEMBERS LIST ONLY PLEASE ************

Any June/July members who have submitted there application for UK Settlement Visa - VAF4 application please add your details below with relevant dates.

Please put name,place submitted, date submitted and status.

mkak - Islamabad - 07/06/10 - under process at Bhc 18/06/2010
Tasawar - Mirpur - 08/06/2010 - under process at Bhc 23/06/2010
maryammajid786 - Lahore - 11/06/10 - under process at BHC 25/6/2010
londongood - karachi - 21/06/10 - Under process at BHC - 05.07.10
Corrado - Islamabad - 02/07/10 - Under process at BHC - 16/07/10
Ikhlaq - Islamabad - 05/07/10 - under process at bhc - 16/07/10
Navalaviator - Islamabad - 14/07/10 - Under process at bhc - 27/07/10
yoda121- Lahore - 19/07/10 - under process at bhc - 02/08/10
K44MYY - MIRPUR - 22/07/10 - passed onto Islamabed on 22/07/10
Zar2009 - Islamabad - 26/07/10 - passed onto Islamabad on 26/07/10
Newbie21-Islamabad - 27/07/10 under process at bhc -10/08/10
Qasim - Dates pls?

All members pls check ur details and amend where appropriate. July members I know we started July list but its fair to include June also as long as they keep us updated on their status so we know what to expect on ours come near the time. Laughing

Our Lord! Grant us good in this world and good in the life to come and keep us safe from the torment of the Fire[Al-Baqarah :201]

May Allah make it easy for us all and grant us our spouse visas - Ameen

ALLAH KNOWS BEST
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:06 pm

hey joe_90 thanks for the info - you no da website http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/ it is asking me for to type in a post code - do i use my england post code where i am living at the mo?

thanks for ur help.

SHAHZAD1204
Newly Registered

Post by SHAHZAD1204 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:08 pm

was just wondering when u lodge an appeal,do u recieve a letter confirming that they have recievd our appeal letter.thankz

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:22 pm

SHAHZAD1204 wrote:was just wondering when u lodge an appeal,do u recieve a letter confirming that they have recievd our appeal letter.thankz
Yes you would receive acknowledgment letter from AIT that they have received yours appeal.

You can also contact AIT and ask them weather they have received yours appeal paper or not.They are good in replying queries.

Ali
..................................................................................................
This is simply a general discussion not an immigration advice. I not necessarily correct on everything I would say. I am learning too

SHAHZAD1204
Newly Registered

Post by SHAHZAD1204 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:07 pm

thanks 4 the info alikhan28.

newbie21

Post by newbie21 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:24 pm

asmajafar wrote:hey joe_90 thanks for the info - you no da website http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/ it is asking me for to type in a post code - do i use my england post code where i am living at the mo?

thanks for ur help.
yes asma its your england postcode

newbie21

Post by newbie21 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:26 pm

imranh wrote:Hi I am new to the forum and need some help urgently plz

I am compiling the case for my wife in pakistan who is about to apply for a settlement VISA

Here is what I have at the moment

employment letter stating the nature of my employment and details
wage slips from December 2009 proving I more than sufficient salary
P60
Current Account bank statements from December 2009 showing I have more than £1.5k in my account
Photocopied Passport stamped by my solicitor
declaration from my father that I am allowed to live at his address rent free and for as long as I want - stamped also by solicitor
spousal support document stating I am going to support my wife - stamped also by solicitor
land registry details of my father's house
accomodation report about the house
Marriage Certificate in English and urdu
Photocopies of Wife's passport and ID card
3 wedding photos of me and my wife together
photocopies of wifes tb test certificate
phone bills and letters for proof of contact
copy of visa page (entry clearance) of my passport
completed VAF4A form

is there anything that I am missing???

Just some background info - I got married on the 25th July and was in Pakistan for 2 weeks and since my return to the UK I have been contacting her regularly using dialacode and my own mobile number and she has written one letter to me.

My questions are that

4) does my wife also need to supply passport size photos of her aswell

PLZ HELP COZ I AM PANICKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you could put in more wedding photos and photos after the wedding.

genious

Post by genious » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:09 am

thanks every one...

well, my original question was, i have wronge age in years on my Urdu Nikah Nama (no DOB).

what shall i do, simply correct in English translation
or is there any corection form.

plz help.

batleykhan wrote:
ehmud555 wrote:Batley khan, the reason why I am saying that you don't need the Urdu one is because I myself applied for our case in Islamabad. I am Muslim and also have the Urdu nikkah Nama, but never provided them with that as was told that is not essential. I just gave my English translation that I got stamped by the maulvi again and also from the foreign minister.

I did get the visa, it was not a refusal. So I'm talking upon my own case, I know what I have submitted and what I haven't!

Which is why I'm saying you don't need to. Maybe in some cases they might require it, but gerrys clearly told me as well that only the English translation is required, it doesn't matter if you submit the Urdu one or not. If nobody believes me, then you guys could ring up gerrys yourself and ask them.

Anyway my case is a good enough proof that you don't. So people who say I'm misleading them should talk through experience which I obviously did.

Regards.
Did your english version of nikkah nammah have your original signatures and seal from teh Union Council on it. If so then that is accpted . It may be that in the cities they may have an English version, but in most of rural Pakistan it is the tradional form "b" in urdu which then has to be translated it into English.... but the translated verson is not a legal binding document unlike th eUrdu one in in its originalityinality. It maybe that you were lucky and teh ECO did not bother as the rest of your documents were all in order. I ahve been doing this type of work for a number of years s the marriage certificate is the most important document in teh application for spousal visa.

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:22 am

Aoq, Yousafa has your status changed yet??? :?
Please check your pm thanx!
Last edited by NAZ786 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
La ila ha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minazzalimeen! Recite this Inshallah it will help everyone...

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:49 am

my mp is jim cunninham - i think! when i phone what shall i ask? Dont want to mess anything up

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:14 am

genious wrote:thanks every one...

well, my original question was, i have wronge age in years on my Urdu Nikah Nama (no DOB).

what shall i do, simply correct in English translation
or is there any corection form.

plz help.

batleykhan wrote:
ehmud555 wrote:Batley khan, the reason why I am saying that you don't need the Urdu one is because I myself applied for our case in Islamabad. I am Muslim and also have the Urdu nikkah Nama, but never provided them with that as was told that is not essential. I just gave my English translation that I got stamped by the maulvi again and also from the foreign minister.

I did get the visa, it was not a refusal. So I'm talking upon my own case, I know what I have submitted and what I haven't!

Which is why I'm saying you don't need to. Maybe in some cases they might require it, but gerrys clearly told me as well that only the English translation is required, it doesn't matter if you submit the Urdu one or not. If nobody believes me, then you guys could ring up gerrys yourself and ask them.

Anyway my case is a good enough proof that you don't. So people who say I'm misleading them should talk through experience which I obviously did.

Regards.
Did your english version of nikkah nammah have your original signatures and seal from teh Union Council on it. If so then that is accpted . It may be that in the cities they may have an English version, but in most of rural Pakistan it is the tradional form "b" in urdu which then has to be translated it into English.... but the translated verson is not a legal binding document unlike th eUrdu one in in its originalityinality. It maybe that you were lucky and teh ECO did not bother as the rest of your documents were all in order. I ahve been doing this type of work for a number of years s the marriage certificate is the most important document in teh application for spousal visa.
You can not simply change the date on your english version of N.N .
The english version of your NN shold have the same exact data data as the Urdu one. Your english version is a certfied translation of teh Urdu one.

You will need to get it changed at your local union council who issued or ask and pay for a new one to be issued with the correct information.

The data should be same on both Urdu and English NN as any discepency will lead to a refusal

maryammajid786

Post by maryammajid786 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:49 pm

aoa

this is what i got from my mp

Dear Mrs Wasif

Thank you for your emails. I do not have a facility to scan at the moment but I could fax you the reply if you could let me have a fax number. Basically the UK Border Agency say:

"I should explain the Public Service Agreement target for processing settlement applications is twelve weeks, although this may be longer if the case is not straightforward and additional enquiries need to be carried out. Settlement applications are dealt with in strict order of receipt in order to be fair to all applicants. Full details of these standards and the Section's performance against these can also be found on the Agency's website at: www.ukba.homeffice.gsi.gov.uk/visas.

The UK Visa Section cannot expedite an application unless there are compelling compassionate circumstances, which involve the serious illness or death of a close family member. Ms Wasif can check progress on her application via website of the Visa Sections commercial partner, Gerry's, www.ukvac-pk.com.

Yours sincerely
Lyn Malins
Office of
Jonathan Lord

Member of Parliament for Woking
House of Commons

LONDON SW1A 0AA

Allah Hafiz

mkak

Post by mkak » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:43 pm

maryammajid786 wrote:aoa

this is what i got from my mp

Dear Mrs Wasif

Thank you for your emails. I do not have a facility to scan at the moment but I could fax you the reply if you could let me have a fax number. Basically the UK Border Agency say:

"I should explain the Public Service Agreement target for processing settlement applications is twelve weeks, although this may be longer if the case is not straightforward and additional enquiries need to be carried out. Settlement applications are dealt with in strict order of receipt in order to be fair to all applicants. Full details of these standards and the Section's performance against these can also be found on the Agency's website at: www.ukba.homeffice.gsi.gov.uk/visas.

The UK Visa Section cannot expedite an application unless there are compelling compassionate circumstances, which involve the serious illness or death of a close family member. Ms Wasif can check progress on her application via website of the Visa Sections commercial partner, Gerry's, www.ukvac-pk.com.

Yours sincerely
Lyn Malins
Office of
Jonathan Lord

Member of Parliament for Woking
House of Commons

LONDON SW1A 0AA

Allah Hafiz
ur 12 weeks has not elapsed yet?

maryammajid786

Post by maryammajid786 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:17 pm

aoa

no my 12 weeks will be up by 3 sep

Allah Hafiz

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:41 pm

AOA786

Hi everybody is there anybody's employer,s contectd by UKBA yet whose apply in JUNE ?

genious

Post by genious » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:47 pm

batleykhan wrote: You can not simply change the date on your english version of N.N .
The english version of your NN shold have the same exact data data as the Urdu one. Your english version is a certfied translation of teh Urdu one.

You will need to get it changed at your local union council who issued or ask and pay for a new one to be issued with the correct information.

The data should be same on both Urdu and English NN as any discepency will lead to a refusal
well, what i am thinking is, as i don't have any date of birth on my Nikkah nama its just age in years.

i am thinking to have Eng translation with date of birth instead of age in years(correct one).
or
is there any way around.
it will be very difficult to get the new Nikkah nama. i have very limited resources in pak.

May Allah reward you.

thanks

tk786
Newly Registered

Post by tk786 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:01 pm

*********** JUNE/JULY MEMBERS LIST ONLY PLEASE ************

Any June/July members who have submitted there application for UK Settlement Visa - VAF4 application please add your details below with relevant dates.

Please put name,place submitted, date submitted and status.

mkak - Islamabad - 07/06/10 - status pls?
Tasawar - Mirpur - 08/06/2010 -under process at Bhc 23/06/2010
maryammajid786 - Lahore - 11/06/10 - under process at BHC 25/6/2010
tk786 - karachi - 21/06/10 - Under process at BHC - 05.07.10
londongood - karachi - 21/06/10 - Under process at BHC - 05.07.10
Corrado - Islamabad - 02/07/10 - Under process at BHC - 16/07/10
Ikhlaq - Islamabad - 05/07/10 - under process at bhc - 16/07/10
Navalaviator - Islamabad - 14/07/10 - Under process at bhc - 27/07/10
yoda121- Lahore - 19/07/10 - under process at bhc - 02/08/10
K44MYY - MIRPUR - 22/07/10 - passed onto Islamabed on 22/07/10
Zar2009 - Islamabad - 26/07/10 - passed onto Islamabad on 26/07/10
Newbie21-Islamabad - 27/07/10 under process at bhc -10/08/10

Salaam guys,

does anyone know if BHC contacts landlord to verify accomodation status?

thanks

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:04 pm

AOQ everyone

Just came back from Pakistan after submitting my wife's visa application just thought i,ll share my experience with everyone. we Submitted visa at mirpur vac. They didn't let me go in the vac only the applicant is allowed to go in side the vac. Another thing is even though it says on the application form they accept the applicant photo in cream background they actually don't, my wife had to get the photo taken again with white background before they accepted it .

I submitted my case on the 9th of august and the place that issued my naka nama received a call from islamabad a week later to verify the detail on the naka nama.

Another thing i submitted my case on the 9/8/2010 but on the online tracking it says submitted on 8/9/2010, i expected them lot to mess some thing up. Is this a major problem ? any advice what i should i do?

Kammy brv how did your application go?