ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension due in Apr 2018

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Toughguy009
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Spouse visa extension due in Apr 2018

Post by Toughguy009 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:37 am

Hi all,
I am a British citizen, my wife joined me here in UK as dependent in May 2014 and at that time I wason Tier 1 (General) visa. I got my British citizenship during 2015 and got my wife's visa switched from dependant to Spous visa. She got her Spouse visa valid from 20-Sep-215 till 21-Apr-2018. We have 2 kids (3.5 years and 2.3 years old).
Now her spouse visa needs extension probably will go during last week of next month, March.
We relocated to Birmingham from London during last year Jul 2017. Hence we don't have probably any documents to show cohabitation prior to this.
Can you please advise if we present proof of address/living tohether for this Birmingham address from Jul 2017, including Bank statements and Gas utility bills with joint names from Jul 2017.
2: For spouse visa extensiom, is SELT A2 exam is enough from Trinity College or not ? If yes then she will hav exam this month so by the time we apply same day extension service, exam result will be just over one month (exam passed 7 weeks earlier to extension application date)?
3: Can we apply 28 days early than visa expiry date i.e. apply on window on 24 Mar 2018 ?
Please can you address above quedtions, I'll be really grateful to you. Thanks.

Regards

vinny

Re: Spouse visa extension due in Apr 2018

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:34 am

1. I think that FLR(M) expects more documents to over the preceding two year period. However, if these documents are not specified within Appendix FM-SE, then they are not mandatory. You may use other evidence to satisfy them that you have a subsisting marriage and intend to continue to live together (E-LTRP.1.7., E-LTRP.1.10. ), etc.

2. Should be okay, if the test is valid and on the approved list.

3. Be careful of applying for FLR(M) too early, as this may shorten the period available to apply for SET(M). Remind the caseworker that s/he has discretion to add up to 28 extra days.

Alternatively, if you were granted ILR as a Tier 1 (General) holder, then it may be possible for her to switch back to being a PBS dependant and subsequently apply for SET(O) sooner, possibly around May 2019; assuming that there isn't anything in the rules to prevent these steps at the time of the applications.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Toughguy009
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Toughguy009 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:11 am

Thanks, Vinny, gor your reply. I find it of great help. :)

Toughguy009
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Toughguy009 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:14 pm

I have heard, NHS surchage for non-EU applicants increasing/increased. I have already paid £500 for spouse visa extension of 2 and half year. Applying end of march thisvuear 2018 by window service (PEO Sheffield). Can you please advise, does this NHS surcharge increase will impact me, and/or is this increase is in place or will be imposed later this year. Looking forward for your valuable advice. Many Thanks.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:38 pm

Toughguy009 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:14 pm
I have heard, NHS surchage for non-EU applicants increasing/increased. I have already paid £500 for spouse visa extension of 2 and half year. Applying end of march thisvuear 2018 by window service (PEO Sheffield). Can you please advise, does this NHS surcharge increase will impact me, and/or is this increase is in place or will be imposed later this year. Looking forward for your valuable advice. Many Thanks.
Note:
"The government plans to make the changes later this year in order to better reflect the actual costs to the NHS of treating those who pay the surcharge."

There doesn't appear to be a confirmed date for the increase. Perhaps when the visa fees increase (as expected) in April 2018. :idea:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/heal ... 400-a-year
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.