ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa or EEA Family Permit

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ChristineRH
Newly Registered
Germany

UK Spouse Visa or EEA Family Permit

Post by ChristineRH » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:47 pm

Hi everyone,

I hope you can help. I am a German national living in the UK for over 10years with a permanent residence card. My husband is Jamaican. He came over for 6 months under a travel visa and we got married here in the UK in Feb 18. He returned to Jamaica a couple off weeks after which we immediately applied for the Spouse Visa, paid the fee, sent the documents and biometrics were done.

Today someone told me that years ago she did something similar and their visa was denied after a long wait and she was told she had to apply for an EEA Family Permit. I am freaking out now that this s going to happen to me. The current processing time for the Spouse Visa from Jamaica is up to 6 months. I am worried I not only wasted money but also time we need to spend apart. Can anyone advise if the above is the correct and what my options are? If this is the case can I stop the Spouse Visa to get the passport back and apply for the EE permit?

Please help! Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: UK Spouse Visa or EEA Family Permit

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:26 pm

Don't over listen to others unless it's from reliable official source. Although you are German national (EU) but as you have permanent residence now so the correct visa which is spouse visa that you have already applied. If you had met all the requirements like financial, accomodation, subsisting relationship, English language etc then everything will be fine. And since you are still EU national and have not got British passport so you could have applied EEA family permit at considerably less cost almost free.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ChristineRH
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by ChristineRH » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:46 pm

Thanks Seagul. Such a nightmare. I have sent the Visa and Immigration office an email asking this question and if that is the case if I can cancel and get my money back. It may work as the application only went in less than 2 weeks ago so they wouldn't have processed it. I believe the EEA route is much faster and as you say much cheaper.
On the EEA route it asks for a return date of the applicant and for a letter from the employer similar to the UK travel visa. However I would want him to stay and work. Is that permitted under that permit?

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:54 pm

Why have you opened a new topic with the same questions? Please continue in your original thread where you have been receiving advice.

eea-route-applications/eea-family-permi ... l#p1615145
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.