ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Star101

ILR Dependent

Post by Star101 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:05 pm

Hi Guys
This question might have been asked but i couldnt find
i am due to ILR end of this month on 10 year basis, my wife has tier 1 entrepreneur dependent visa till june 2018 . Do i have to apply Spouse visa just after my ILR end of this month or can i leave her visa as dependent tier 1 till June 2018 and then apply as spouse visa in june 2018.
it is bit confusion because i wont be having any more tier 1 so how can she dependent of tier 1
i have two kids will apply their citizenship just after my ILR
could anybody advise please
thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Dependent

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:08 pm

Well she cannot remain on PBS dependant if you get ILR based on long residence. She needs to switch to FLR(M) which resets her ILR clock too
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:09 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Star101

Post by Star101 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:18 pm

Hi Zimba
as i can apply with her visa as spouse with my ILR application for sure
but after getting ILR how many does would i have for applying her visa as spouse
this is bit confusion
i read this forum people advising that they can live their wife on the same tier 1 dependent visa and then you can apply just before expiry of dependent visa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:26 pm

There is NO rules that says you must apply within X number of days months.

However, the sooner you apply the quicker her clock can start on the new 5 year route to ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Star101

Post by Star101 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:08 pm

Hi thanks for your reply i cant find your post on main forum anyways
in my case the later i apply for her spouse visa the more beneficial for me because then i wont need for her further 2.5 year extension , because she will complete her 10 years before that
so is it ok if i leave her tier dependent visa will June and i will get ILR this month
?
thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:14 pm

Yes, provided she does not have any travel plans outside the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Star101

ILR Dependent

Post by Star101 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:45 am

Hi Guys
Once again thanks to all for helping me to get my ILR
No i my wife's is valid as tier 1 Dependent visa till May 2018 shall i just leave her on that dependent visa or do i have to apply spouse within 28 days or as soon as
I asked this question before as well but no i got ILR in my hand thats why asking again
thanks
my kids were born in UK the form i have to use is MN1 right ?
thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:12 am

Your spouse visa questions have already been answered above as topics merged.

MN1 for UK born children yes, but please ask citizenship questions in th British citizenship sub forum further down the main page.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Star101

Post by Star101 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:34 am

Hi Guys
Again i need to get cleared myself
last night my friend told me that if i leave my wife's visa as it is tier 1 dependent valid till june 2018 and that time she will be completing 5 years on tier 1 dependent , although i got my ILR last week on 10 years basis
can she not apply ILR on the basis that she stayed on tier 1 entrepreneur dependent for 5 years and fill SET(O) form, in the form there is option for Tier 1 Dependent in Section B my friend got ILR on HSMP basis and left her wife as on HSMP dependent even she got extension while her husband was on ILR and please see below.

319E. Requirements for indefinite leave to remain
To qualify for indefinite leave to remain as the Partner of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, an applicant must meet the requirements listed below. If the applicant meets these requirements, indefinite leave to remain will be granted. If the applicant does not meet these requirements, the application will be refused.

Requirements:
(a) The applicant must not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal, and must not be an illegal entrant.
(b) The applicant must be the spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of a person who:
(i) has indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant; or
(ii) is, at the same time being granted indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or
(iii) has become a British Citizen where prior to that they held indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant.
(c) The applicant must have, or have last been granted, leave as the partner of the Relevant Points Based System Migrant who:
(i) has indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant; or
(ii) is, at the same time being granted indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or
(iii) has become a British Citizen where prior to that they held indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant.
(d) The applicant and the Relevant Points Based System Migrant must have been living together in the UK in a marriage or civil partnership, or in a relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership, for at least the period specified in (i) or (ii):
(i) If the applicant was granted leave as:
(a) the Partner of that Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or
(b) the spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of that person at a time when that person had leave under another category of these Rules
under the Rules in place before 9 July 2012, and since then has had continuous leave as the Partner of that Relevant Points based System Migrant, the specified period is 2 years
(ii) If (i) does not apply, the specified period is a continuous period of 5 years, during which the applicant must:
(a) have been in a relationship with the same Relevant Points Based System Migrant for this entire period,
(b) have spent the most recent part of the 5 year period with leave as the Partner of that Relevant Points Based System Migrant, and during that part of the period have met all of the requirements of paragraph 319C(a) to (e), and
(c) have spent the remainder of the 5 year period, where applicable, with leave as the spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of that person at a time when that person had leave under another category of these Rules.
(e) The marriage or civil partnership, or relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership, must be subsisting at the time the application is made.
(f) The applicant and the Relevant Points Based System Migrant must intend to live permanently with the other as their spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner.
(g) The applicant has demonstrated sufficient knowledge of the English language and sufficient knowledge about life in the United Kingdom, in accordance with Appendix KoLL.
(h) DELETED
(i) The applicant must not be in the UK in breach of immigration laws except that, where paragraph 39E of these Rules applies, any current period of overstaying will be disregarded.

thanks in advance
and when filling the SET(O) form for wife , there wouldnt be too much details of husband required in the form anyway
got confused

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:47 am

can she not apply ILR on the basis that she stayed on tier 1 entrepreneur dependent for 5 years and fill SET(O) form
No she cannot because you did not get ILR through the PBS route. The rules change in April 2014. If you apply, it will likely be refused and you will lose the fee.

You seem to have missed out one of the mandatory requirements. You did not get ILR as a PBS migrant but a long residence applicant.
Requirements:
(a) The applicant must not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal, and must not be an illegal entrant.
(b) The applicant must be the spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of a person who:

Suggest stop listening to your 'friend'. HSMP is a different set of rules.

See dependant-of-ilr-long-residence-applicant-on-pbs-leave (click), link which I already provided on 11 September, which you clearly have not read.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Star101

Post by Star101 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:03 am

Hi CR001
yes i got the point
but this information says following that must switch to FLR(M) as soon as but definately before her leave expires
it means she can stay will June 2018 from where i can apply FLR(M) or FLR(FP) on children basis.

PBS dependant without enough current leave to become eligible for settlement under LR on own merit: Dependant must switch to FLR(M) leave, should do so as soon as possible and definitely before his/her current leave expires.

what do you guys think
the 10 years rule would be removed after 2020 affected by Brexit
thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:21 am

it means she can stay will June 2018 from where i can apply FLR(M) or FLR(FP) on children basis.
She cannot apply for FLR(FP) children route as she is not a single parent. She must apply on FLR(M).
PBS dependant without enough current leave to become eligible for settlement under LR on own merit: Dependant must switch to FLR(M) leave, should do so as soon as possible and definitely before his/her current leave expires.

Correct. She should not travel out of the UK until she has switched her visa as she risks being refused entry.
the 10 years rule would be removed after 2020 affected by Brexit
Nonsense. Brexit affects EU route applications not UK immigration route applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Star101

Post by Star101 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:32 pm

Hi Cr001
thanks i thought its EU route

Star101

FLR(M) documents

Post by Star101 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:42 am

Hi guys
Need some information
i was on tier 1 and got ILR in september 2017 on the basis of long residency
i am going to apply FLR(M) for my wife on window service
can someone send me some documents checklist please
and Does HOme office accept Uknaric english proficiency instead of A1/B1 english test and
do we need to submit original academic documents from back home e.g degree transcript etc for my wife ?
waiting for reply
thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) documents

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:08 pm

can someone send me some documents checklist please
FLR(M) form clearly states what you need to submit.
and Does HOme office accept Uknaric english proficiency instead of A1/B1 english test and
do we need to submit original academic documents from back home e.g degree transcript etc for my wife ?
Yes they do. You need NARIC ELA etc and the degree certificate to submit. NARIC and A1 test costs the same.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Star101

Post by Star101 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:23 pm

Thanks Cr001
do they need original degree, original transcript and original english proficiency letter from the faculty back home ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:37 pm

You need to submit original documents PLUS the NARIC documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Star101

When to Apply FLR(M)

Post by Star101 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:52 pm

Hi Guys
could you please let me know when to apply FLR(M)
i got ILR in september 2017 with long residency and i was on tier 1
i want to apply FLR(M) for my wife
my solictior is saying if you apply now so i need show the financial requirement for the period of April 2016 to April 2017 because or my financial year otherwise i need to wait till april 2018 to show the financial requirement £18600 between April 2017 to April 2018
Can we not show the Financial rquirement £18600 for last 12 months from November 2016 to November 2017
i am getting Director salary from my Limited company
could you please clarify thanks

Star101

FLR (M) Documents

Post by Star101 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:56 am

Hi Guys
I know this is discussed many times couldnt find the answer
i am director and PAYE on my own company and taking salary more than £20,000
do i have to submit 12 months personal bank statement ?
Do i have to submit complete accounts closing on 31st of march after two days

Documents i am submitting
6 correspondence address with my wife
12 months business bank statement
12 months pay slips
Company accounts
Current appointment report
6 months personal bank statements
Company Tax Return CT600

is there anything else i need to submit
thanks

Star101

Company in loss

Post by Star101 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:46 pm

Hi Can someone guide me that my company is in loss and I am due to apply FLRM next week or so
can they raise the query that your company is in loss so why you are taking your salary as a director and you have on employee as well
please give advice on it
thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:52 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)