ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

£18,600 Requirment and Losing Job during process

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ukgal123
Newly Registered

£18,600 Requirment and Losing Job during process

Post by Ukgal123 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:46 pm

Question about once the job evidence is submitted!

Just hypothetically speaking you submitted all the docs for the Visa including the full 6months payslips and letter from work etc. Meeting the financial requirements and then lost your job whilst the visa was being processed would they still count everything you submitted..?

I.e. would they call the employer to check after everything has been submitted?

Thank you !

Katie_France
Russia

Re: £18,600 Requirment

Post by Katie_France » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:04 pm

Ukgal123 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:46 pm
Question about once the job evidence is submitted!

Just hypothetically speaking you submitted all the docs for the Visa including the full 6months payslips and letter from work etc. Meeting the financial requirements and then lost your job whilst the visa was being processed would they still count everything you submitted..?

I.e. would they call the employer to check after everything has been submitted?

Thank you !
They may call the employer, and if the employer doesn't confirm the employment, visa will be rejected, based of changed circumstances

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: £18,600 Requirment and Losing Job during process

Post by seagul » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:30 pm

Mostly HO love honesty and truth when someone itself declaring. In my point you should yourself update HO with your change of employment circumstances before they find out that you are no longer working there. But strictly speaking the documents till application date matters and considered for processing the application. More likely your application might not refused on that grounds.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AL1982
Pakistan

Post by AL1982 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:10 pm

Hi,

I was in a similar position. I was made redundant a couple days after the Biometric appointment however found new employment pretty much immediately.

I called up the premium support number and explained the situation. They told me the case has been escalated. A couple(?) days later I received an email requesting evidence of the new employer and so I submitted employment letter signed by new Line Manager as well as copy of contract. Received another email a couple (?) days later informing system has been updated.

I don't believe at any point they contacted any of my employers, not that I am aware of anyway. However, if they have any doubts, they will call.

As Seagul has already said, you want to be in a position of truth at all times, so I would personally call up.

I do recall reading previously, when I was in this situation, another sponsor had been in the situation and was told it shouldn't affect the application as (s)he was in employment at time of application.

Ukgal123
Newly Registered

Post by Ukgal123 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:21 pm

Thank you Al1982,

And just to check did you get the visa despite the changes in your job ?

Sincerely