ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

philwafc

IHS

Post by philwafc » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:59 pm

My wife is applying for FLR (discretionary leave) this will be her 3rd DL application as she has to go through the 10 year family route, so another 2.5 years also after this one. She originally came to the UK in 2009 on the spouse visa. Last time out she paid the IHS but she now refuses to pay it this time (it makes her angry that she's worked all the time she's been here and has to pay it and that also for her first few years she didn't have to) that's all by the by anyway. I've explained to her it's the law and the reasoning behind it, and even though we think it's wrong it has to be paid so just to bite the bullett and pay for it. Her current leave to remain ends at the weekend and I need to convince her it needs paying. The application is all ready to go. I think her thinking is to send off the application and if they write back asking for the payment then pay then (or maybe not!) what will happen if she doesn't put the IHS ref number on her application? Will she get a reminder letter or a flat out refusal. What are the implications if she is refused ? I know she won't be able to work but would she be detained, deported. We also have 2 kids. At first I thought she was being stubborn but would eventually pay up in time but as I say it needs to be in, in a couple of days. So...bit worried now, how to convince her?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: IHS

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:03 pm

So you want to risk 3 renewals of FLR just for this IHS payment, how foolish is your wife and what are you exactly doing to make it firmly known to her that IHS payment is a requirement.

If no IHS payment made with application = refusal.

Rest is up to you both. I think this is more of a relationship issue than payment issue.

All the best.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:12 pm

Any reason why you don't simply pay it then?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

philwafc

Post by philwafc » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:18 pm

Yep, that's what I'm going to do.