ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa mistake

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

San111
Jamaica

Spouse visa mistake

Post by San111 » Thu May 03, 2018 8:22 pm

Hi i urgently need your advice, ive recently made a spouse visa application my spouse attended his biometric on 30/04/18. I have post supporting documents today but i forgot to include photocopy of applicant passport in the package and also its priority i also forgot to write the application reference number on the outside of the package.

Please how can i go about sending the copy of aplicant passport as i already send of package im extremely worried.

Ps: At biometric enrolment they kept his original passport. Thank you

4uvak

Re: Spouse visa mistake

Post by 4uvak » Thu May 03, 2018 8:32 pm

Send the missing documents together with cover letter explaining the situation to the same address you sent all other documents. Mention the case reference number or whichever Home Office numbers you have, and all details - date of birth, nationality etc. It might delay the application decision, but, hopefully they will receive the documents before they reject the application, so do it as soon as possible.

San111
Jamaica

Post by San111 » Thu May 03, 2018 9:51 pm

4uvak wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 8:32 pm
Send the missing documents together with cover letter explaining the situation to the same address you sent all other documents. Mention the case reference number or whichever Home Office numbers you have, and all details - date of birth, nationality etc. It might delay the application decision, but, hopefully they will receive the documents before they reject the application, so do it as soon as possible.
Thanx for advice i will send missing documents tomorrow. Also does it matter that i didnt write reference number outside on the package i sent today?

diashea
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by diashea » Fri May 04, 2018 6:07 am

Agree with what 4uvak said, just send the documents with explanation. And I hope this will make you less nervous... During biometric enrollment, when I handled in my passport to VFS, they actually scanned my passport and all pages with visa/travel data in it after they scanned my printed application form. I only assume that they will send those scans to Sheffield. :)

San111
Jamaica

Post by San111 » Fri May 04, 2018 6:55 am

diashea wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 6:07 am
Agree with what 4uvak said, just send the documents with explanation. And I hope this will make you less nervous... During biometric enrollment, when I handled in my passport to VFS, they actually scanned my passport and all pages with visa/travel data in it after they scanned my printed application form. I only assume that they will send those scans to Sheffield. :)
At biometric enrolment they took his passport and scan application but im not sure if they will scan passport and send scan to sheffield. It makes me worried that i didnt enclose a copy of his passport cause i thought because they took his passport at biometric enrolment a copy will be on their system.

San111
Jamaica

Post by San111 » Fri May 04, 2018 1:48 pm

One last question outside on the envelope on the top corner i didnt realise that i should have wrote the reference number and the country where application where made i only wrote priority on the envelope will it delay application?

kindandinnocent_94
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kindandinnocent_94 » Fri May 04, 2018 9:06 pm

After sending the document make sure to call them ane ask if they have revenue they have recently rejected my visa on similar case

PhilInTheFuture
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by PhilInTheFuture » Fri May 04, 2018 9:38 pm

kindandinnocent_94 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:06 pm
After sending the document make sure to call them ane ask if they have revenue they have recently rejected my visa on similar case
Hi kindandinnocent_94

Sorry to hear that your visa was refused. What was the exact reason of your refusal? Could you type the exact reason as it appears on the letter please?

kindandinnocent_94
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kindandinnocent_94 » Sat May 05, 2018 5:52 pm

My visa got refused because we had forgotten to add appendix 2 in the mail that we sent to Sheffield later they emailed us to send and email at a HomeOffice email address a filled appendix 2 which we sent the very same day but they didn’t get it or missed it and it was the reason of my refusal

fighter130
Ukraine

Post by fighter130 » Sun May 06, 2018 9:12 am

I was also rejected due to posting a few items incl appendix. However, my documents were scanned at VAC, this is a little bit different but I do believe there is a high risk of rejection because they want extra money.