ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Rejected, what are next steps

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Marsianna22
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Spouse Visa Rejected, what are next steps

Post by Marsianna22 » Sat May 12, 2018 1:08 pm

Hello everyone, who became a victim of UK Home Office.

I’ve got a spouse visa refusal April 20 with NO REASON. Home Office created this reason instead. I applied February 7th. for Priority Visa. They ignored that fact, that they should make a deccision within 30 business days.
We hired a lawyer for the visa proces, so we did not have any mistakes. Our lawyer made sure, that we meet all the criteria including financial part. My husband running his own business and he makes £23k and even more, as Home Office require. And of course we provided them all docs to prove it.

Home Office sent us visa refusal letter. The reasons are:
1. My husband make £8.999, which is rediculos, where did they take this number.
2. We did not provide all the financial documents, which is rediculos as well, because I did. In description of visa refusal they made a list of financial docs they did not get from us. Sounds like they have lost 90% of finansial documnets. There is no any doubts they I gave all financial docs when I applied in UK Visa Center in Kiev. (Very important tip for new applicants, put numbers on all your documents (1,2,3,4....) and ask In UK ViSa center to varify that they have scanned all your docs, you have rights for it). Also, ask them to put in a list number of pages they just scanned, to make sure that they scanned all of document you provided. It will reduce the risk to get a visa refusal.

Yesterday, we’ve got a call from the Home Office, they admited that they made a mistake about my husband’s income, and told him, they gonna rewrite a visa refusal and put a different number, but not the real number. They said the can’t see that he makes £23k. I can’t belive they rejected the fact, that my hisband does make enough money to bring me and my daughter to UK. Our lawyer in shok as well. Also, week ago, before we’ve got visa refusal, when our lawyer contacted Home Office, they did not mention anything that they missed financial docs from us, it means they don’t follow their own protocol. They had to let us know. Especially they could see a letter from our lawyer where she put the list of documents we provided.

Dear applicants, if you applied for a spouse visa and has been rejected with no reason, as our family, lets fight for our rights. Contact me and we all should reach UK press and tell the the truth. Home Office treat us as a trash obviously. We should not give up.

Katie_France
Russia

Re: Spouse Visa Rejected, Stupid reason, Appeal vs Reapply?

Post by Katie_France » Sat May 12, 2018 2:33 pm

Marsianna22,

It seems for the HO it is a common money making process :(

Still I would recommend you to reapply, if you want to reunite with your husband soon... :((

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sat May 12, 2018 7:20 pm

What were all the amounts on the payslips that you provided?
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Marsianna22
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Marsianna22 » Sat May 12, 2018 8:05 pm

On payslips £35.000

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sat May 12, 2018 8:10 pm

That doesnt answer the question - for each of the 6 months what was the payslips amounts.

E.g February 1200 + 600
March 1200 + 300

Marsianna22
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Marsianna22 » Sat May 12, 2018 8:19 pm

Need to ask my husband or lawyer to clarify

Marsianna22
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Marsianna22 » Sat May 12, 2018 8:28 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 8:10 pm
That doesnt answer the question - for each of the 6 months what was the payslips amounts.

E.g February 1200 + 600
March 1200 + 300

The main things our lawyer said that he pays taxes of £35k
He makes money as a worker and director of his company. £9000 + £26000
That’s on his docs.
Home Office don’t want to read documents properly. They rejected the fact, that he makes enough money. Yesterday they asked him a question, why he did not transfer his money on a personal account. But the company on his name, all the money on business account that his money.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sat May 12, 2018 8:53 pm

Self employed / director is not as easy as being a normal employee and it requires very specific documents.

You need to check all documents to ensure even though a total of 26k is earned that all payslips and bank statements show this. Also, even if only a months payslips is showing less than £1550 it can mean financial requirement has not been met even though total yearly salary may be well over the threshold.

Under what category did you guys apply?

Marsianna22
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Marsianna22 » Sat May 12, 2018 9:24 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 8:53 pm
Self employed / director is not as easy as being a normal employee and it requires very specific documents.

You need to check all documents to ensure even though a total of 26k is earned that all payslips and bank statements show this. Also, even if only a months payslips is showing less than £1550 it can mean financial requirement has not been met even though total yearly salary may be well over the threshold.

Under what category did you guys apply?

Thank you, I’ll tell our lawyer. ) We applied for a spouse visa.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sat May 12, 2018 10:00 pm

No I meant under which financial category - there is for exmaple CAT A, CAT B, CAT D etc.

Check it out to answer your own question.

Marsianna22
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Marsianna22 » Sat May 12, 2018 10:04 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 10:00 pm
No I meant under which financial category - there is for exmaple CAT A, CAT B, CAT D etc.

Check it out to answer your own question.
Not sure, need to ask him..

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sat May 12, 2018 10:08 pm

Best for both you guys to check the figures out yourself, as legal representatives are not always 100% correct and sometimes they can make mistakes or overlook things too.

kindandinnocent_94
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kindandinnocent_94 » Sat May 12, 2018 10:46 pm

Well, I think we are on a same boat.
Our Visa refused because ECO couldn't locate or leafed through our Appendix 2 form which we sent via email to them upon their request in mid March.
In our case we do have proof that we have sent the forms therefore trying every avenue to escalate this matter.
Not sure what to do now however we have marked a date, till then we shall wait before reapplying.

FingerCrossed.

Marsianna22
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Marsianna22 » Sun May 13, 2018 6:31 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 10:08 pm
Best for both you guys to check the figures out yourself, as legal representatives are not always 100% correct and sometimes they can make mistakes or overlook things too.
Thank you very much. Now barristar should do his job.
Our solicitor said he’ll confirm we meet the criteria. Next step to sue Home Office. It will take time, but we don’t want UK Home Office treat us like third sort people, just because I am Ukranian. They have to protect UK from illigal immigrants, terrorism, from fake couple, from people who could break the low, but not from people with clean background and good credit history who love each other. We did nothing wrong.

Katie_France
Russia

Re: Spouse Visa Rejected, what are next steps

Post by Katie_France » Sun May 13, 2018 8:06 am

Marsianna22,

The behaviour of HO is disgusting, but if you want to reunite with your husband quickly, it is better to check all your documents once again and reapply.

All the complaints and court procedures take a long time. You will not be able to go and visit your husband during 1-2 years.

I was illegally rejected first time and approved second time. I know how it feels absolutely unfair. But now i am back to the UK to live with my husband and we don’t regret paying the fees second time.

SManning
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa Rejected, what are next steps

Post by SManning » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:32 pm

Hello,

I'm a British journalist writing about people having visa problems with the Home Office. I'm sympathetic to your case. So can anyone who has had problems getting a spousal please contact me at email address removed by moderator

Best wishes,
Sanchez