ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unable to select courier service option from vfs india

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Janny777
Newly Registered
India

Some questions on UK priority settlement visa

Post by Janny777 » Tue May 22, 2018 10:49 am

Hi Team,
I am Janny, currently planning to apply for settlement priority dependent visa. I got married on April 22nd and I came to UK on a visit visa now. I took the visit visa 5 months back and I thought as the dependent visa takes time, I would visit my husband for a month using visit visa and I am currently here.My fiancee is a permanent resident in London, UK and I have the following questions.

1. As I am currently in UK on visit visa now, I was trying to submit the application yesterday so that I can do the payment and book an appointment in India. But for the question if I had visited UK before, when I answered yes, the "To" date doesn't accept the future date because I am returning to India on 15th June.Can't I submit the application from UK and attend the biometrics from India?

2. My fiancee is legally a divorcee now. His current passport details still has the name of his ex now as he couldn't change it because he has all the details of the travel history in the current passport and it is valid till 2024.After submitting my application and during the biometric process, would that be a problem if his passport has the details of his ex? Is there a chances of rejections? Would that be okay if we submit his legal divorce papers as a proof because we are not sure how long the process would take to get the name changed in the passport.Do you suggest to update the spouse name for the chances of getting my dependent visa rejected/

3. During the biometic process, is there a service to keep my passport with me and instead just submit all the pages of the passport? Once I have my passport, could I apply for Schengen visa and visit UK and other European countries during the time frame till I get my dependent visa? I am applying for priority visa and after reading the reviews, I see that it usually takes 35 working days?

4. I understand that following are the documents that I need to submit during biometrics. Correct me if I miss anything:

1. Marriage certificate including transaltion
2. NARIC certificate for English Languauge Assessment
3. Medical Test Certificate - TB test
4. Letter from employer stating my husband's salary and length of work
5. My husband's PaySlips which is sealed and signed by HR.
6. Accomodation agreement. As well as that, letter from landlord stating there are no issues with my partner living at the same property. Is the house inspection report necessary? This is because my husband is currently sharing a 4 bed room house with a family ( Husband & ,Wife and two kids 6 year & 10 year)
7. Proof of relationship. Pictures from marriage and time spent when I was in UK on a visit visa and in India after wedding. Is this sufficient?
8. 6 months bank statement of my husband.

Recently I heard that the medical test certificate and the English test certificate is not required when filling out the application and they should be in my partner's posession, is this true?

Thank you!

Regards,
Janny

Katie_France
Russia

Re: Some questions on UK priority settlement visa

Post by Katie_France » Tue May 22, 2018 12:03 pm

Janny777 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 10:49 am

1. As I am currently in UK on visit visa now, I was trying to submit the application yesterday so that I can do the payment and book an appointment in India. But for the question if I had visited UK before, when I answered yes, the "To" date doesn't accept the future date because I am returning to India on 15th June.Can't I submit the application from UK and attend the biometrics from India?

To submit the application is not a problem, the countdown on time starts only after HO will receive your documents, so you can submit it when you come back to India.

2. My fiancee is legally a divorcee now. His current passport details still has the name of his ex now as he couldn't change it because he has all the details of the travel history in the current passport and it is valid till 2024.After submitting my application and during the biometric process, would that be a problem if his passport has the details of his ex? Is there a chances of rejections? Would that be okay if we submit his legal divorce papers as a proof because we are not sure how long the process would take to get the name changed in the passport.Do you suggest to update the spouse name for the chances of getting my dependent visa rejected/

You must submit divorce documents, change of the name/passport is not that important.

3. During the biometic process, is there a service to keep my passport with me and instead just submit all the pages of the passport? Once I have my passport, could I apply for Schengen visa and visit UK and other European countries during the time frame till I get my dependent visa? I am applying for priority visa and after reading the reviews, I see that it usually takes 35 working days?

You should check with your local VFS if they provide the additional service (keep my passport with me), it depends on the location of VFS. Schengen visa and UK visa are different visas. You can apply for schengen visa. If you have a valid visa in your passport you can possibly travel to the UK. You can’t apply for a new visitor visa when your settlement visa is under review.

Janny777
Newly Registered
India

Some questions on UK dependent visa

Post by Janny777 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:51 am

Hi Team,
I am Janny, currently planning to apply for settlement priority dependent visa. I got married on April 22nd and I came to UK on a visit visa now.

1. Should I need to get all the copies of my husband's (he is my sponsor) passport pages including the blank pages? As I am getting his passport copies, should it be certified by a solicitor?

2. I understand that following are the documents that I need to submit during biometrics. Correct me if I miss anything:

1. Marriage certificate including transaltion
2. NARIC certificate for English Languauge Assessment
3. Medical Test Certificate - TB test
4. Letter from employer stating my husband's salary and length of work
5. My husband's PaySlips which is sealed and signed by HR.
6. Accomodation agreement.
7. House Inspection report.
8. Rental agreement.
7. Proof of relationship. Pictures from marriage and time spent when I was in UK on a visit visa and in India after wedding and whatsapp chat history.
8. 6 months bank statement of my husband.
9. 2 passport size photos of my husband.
10. 4 passport size photos of me.
11. My degree certificate.

Recently I heard that the medical test certificate and the English test certificate is not required when filling out the application and they should be in my partner's posession, is this true?

Thank you!

Regards,
Janny

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Some questions on UK dependent visa

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:18 pm

Janny777 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:51 am
I came to UK on a visit visa now.
I m sure that you know that on visit visa you can't switch into spouse visa from uk and you have applied from India.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Janny777
Newly Registered
India

Attended visa interview- questions on submitting docs to Sheffeld

Post by Janny777 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:46 am

Hi Team,
I am Jannu. I have attended visa appointment last friday from India for settlement visa-wife. Could you help me figure out the correct address to Sheffeld to send my documents? Im confused on two addresses of Sheffeld mentioned in the uk visa wensite. My husband who is in UK will be submitting docs from Cambridge?

During visa interview in India, they have taken pages 1-2 from the application along with my passport. Do I need to take another copy of these pages, sign and send it to Sheffeld along with other docs?

Where do I mention the IHS reference no in the application. Is it okay to take a printout of the email regarding IHS no that I received in the email

Regards,
Janny

Janny777
Newly Registered
India

Spouse visa priority refused- Need help

Post by Janny777 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:22 am

Hi Team,
I've applied for settlement wife visa on 16th April, 2018 on priority basis and after 66 working days we see the status as rejected because we didnt meet the eligibility requirements for spouse's finance. I am going to reapply again on priority basis this week and wanted to know if I can use the earlier TB certificate report (issue date: 20/06/2018 and expiry date: 19/12/2018) and house inspection report (issue date: 18/06/2018 and expiry date: 26/12/2018) during second application document submission. I dont want to take a chance again. Could you please help me on this?

Thank you!

Regards,
Janny

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:34 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa priority refused- Need help

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:50 am

Janny777 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:22 am
Hi Team,
I've applied for settlement wife visa on 16th April, 2018 on priority basis and after 66 working days we see the status as rejected because we didnt meet the eligibility requirements for spouse's finance. I am going to reapply again on priority basis this week and wanted to know if I can use the earlier TB certificate report (issue date: 20/06/2018 and expiry date: 19/12/2018) and house inspection report (issue date: 18/06/2018 and expiry date: 26/12/2018) during second application document submission. I dont want to take a chance again. Could you please help me on this?

Thank you!

Regards,
Janny
Have you received any notification of refusal in writing. What were the reason of refusal?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Janny777
Newly Registered
India

Post by Janny777 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:20 am

Have not submitted CT600 document of my husband's employment. Could you please answer my question posted earlier?

Janny777
Newly Registered
India

Timeframe for applying second time when first app was refused

Post by Janny777 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:43 am

Hi,
My first application to settlement priority visa got refused because we didnt submit CT600 document for meeting financial requirement. We got the refusal letter on 21st September. Is there any time frame for submiting another application sooner as I am planning to apply it today. Could someone help me with it.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Timeframe for applying second time when first app was refused

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:21 am

You can apply at any time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:18 pm

1. TB certificate are valid for 6 months so thats fine
2. Housing Inspection is valid for 3 months, so you will need to do it again
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Janny777
Newly Registered
India

URGENT- Need help on one question in the application

Post by Janny777 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:30 am

Hi Team,
I've applied for settlement wife visa on 16th April, 2018 on priority basis and after 66
working days we see the status as rejected because we didnt meet the eligibility requirements
for spouse's finance. I am going to reapply again on priority basis this week and need help in understanding this question.

HAVE YOU MADE AN APPLICATION TO THE HOME
OFFICE TO REMAIN IN THE UK IN THE LAST 10 YEARS?

Does this mean if I had applied earlier for ILR or anyother visa or does it mean regarding my first application that got rejected? I havent applied for anyother visa expect settlement visa and it got rejected.

Regards,
Janny

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:12 am

vinny wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:34 am
Posts merged.
Please click link to read.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: URGENT- Need help on one question in the application

Post by Londoner007 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:36 pm

Its a no as you havent entered UK yet to be able to apply to remain.

vinny

Re: URGENT- Need help on one question in the application

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:40 am

If there is another similar question relating to visas, then declare the refusal there. Else, declare it somewhere.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Janny777
Newly Registered
India

Spouse visa priority refused- Urgent help

Post by Janny777 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:13 am

Hi Team,
My first application to settlement visa for wife on priority basis got rejected as we see that we did not submit some financial docs of my husband. We are again applying 2nd time this week so we please need your help.

1. What is this FLR M form? Do we need to submit it?
2. Can I use my NARIC certificate which I used for my first application?
3. My husband is a self employeed director of his own company? What all docs should we need to submit to meet financial requirement? Could someone please list docs as we were rejected on this basis?
4. Is it mandatory for us to provide maintenance calculations and proofs?

Thankyou!

Regards,
Janny

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:00 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:12 am
vinny wrote:
Posts merged.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:21 am

1. No, if applicant is applying from outside the UK.
2. Yes. Plus NARIC comfirmation that degree was taught in English.
3. See also Appendix FM-SE and Appendix FM 1.7: financial requirement.

Janny777
Newly Registered
India

Post by Janny777 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:55 am

Thank you, Vinny. Could you respond to question 4?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:42 am

4. If you applying via salary or savings route only then no requirement to show adequate maintenance.

Janny777
Newly Registered
India

Unable to select courier service option from vfs india

Post by Janny777 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:30 pm

Hi Team,
I am not sure if anybody ran into the problem of unable to select courier services from India. My first application for settlement visa on priority basis got rejected and during that I was able to select the desired location for courier services. Now I am applying for second time and I can only see the list of courier services listed from only north India.What should I do now? I live in South India and its very difficult for us to travel to North just to collect passport. Loks like vfs have updated their website.

Am I doing it correct? Is there any option to select the desired location. Last time I gave 670006 as postal code and I was able to select it. Now I am unable to do it. I selected Register at Commercial Partner from visa4uk website inorder to select the services. Is it correct?

Regards,
Janny

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:01 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:12 am
vinny wrote:
Posts merged.
Please!! :idea: :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Janny777
Newly Registered
India

Post by Janny777 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:26 pm

My husband owns a company and is the director of the company. So does he come under the category of not required to show maintenance proof?