ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR_M 6 items of correspondence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

usernew01234
Newly Registered
India

T4 to Spouse Visa questions

Post by usernew01234 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:18 pm

Hello,

I need some advice. I am an Indian citizen currently in UK from 2007 and hold an ILR. I am getting married to an Indian citizen, she is also in UK on T4 Visa. We are planning to get married in India, my question is if register our marriage in India and will be travelling back seprately as she will be staying for an extra week in India.

I have below questions:
    When she travels back can she enter on existing T4 visa which is valid till next year summer?
      Can we convert Her T4 visa to spouse visa based on marriage registration proof in India? we do not want to register our marriage in UK as it is a long process here.

Please can anyone advice?

Thanks,
      Gaurav

seagul
      Diamond Member
      Mood:

Re: T4 to Spouse Visa questions

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:28 pm

Yes she can enter alone as long as her course is running and she got valid tier 4 visa. And yes she can switch into spouse visa without having the need to re-register the Indian legally perform marriage in uk.
      The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

usernew01234
      Newly Registered
      India

Post by usernew01234 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:33 pm

seagul wrote:
      Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:28 pm
      Yes she can enter alone as long as her course is running and she got valid tier 4 visa. And yes she can switch into spouse visa without having the need to re-register the Indian legally perform marriage in uk.
      Thanks Seagul! Really appreciate your help. You mentioned that she can enter Alone! Can you please clarify is it a necessary condition. In our case at the moment our plan is that she will come back a week after but there are chances that we might fly back together, does it mean that we have book separate tickets and then travel separately on same flight and go on separate counters at immigration at airport?

Thanks!

seagul
      Diamond Member
      Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:43 pm

usernew01234 wrote:
      Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:33 pm
      seagul wrote:
      Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:28 pm
      Thanks Seagul! Really appreciate your help. You mentioned that she can enter Alone! Can you please clarify is it a necessary condition. In our case at the moment our plan is that she will come back a week after but there are chances that we might fly back together, does it mean that we have book separate tickets and then travel separately on same flight and go on separate counters at immigration at airport?

Thanks!
      You both will be fine in whichever travel plans either travelling alone or together as long as her course is running (not cancelled/delayed/curtailed) & she got valid visa left.
      The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

usernew01234
      Newly Registered
      India

Getting Married to a british citizen on a T4 student visa

Post by usernew01234 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:34 pm

Hello,

I have a quick question.

Is it possible to get Married in UK to a British citizen while me being on a Student T4 visa. My T4 visa is still valid till 2019 summer.

We want to get our marriage registered in UK.

Thanks!

CR001
      Mood:
      South Africa

Re: Getting Married to a british citizen on a T4 student visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:53 pm

Yes it is possible to marry in the UK. You and your partner will need to give 28 days notice at an HO approved Registry office with your passports and visa and they will inform HO. The notice period could then be extended to 70 days for HO to investigate and/or interview each of you separately before granting permission to marry.
      Char (CR001 not Casa)
      In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
      Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:19 pm

usernew01234 wrote:
      Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:18 pm
      I am an Indian citizen currently in UK from 2007 and hold an ILR. I am getting married to an Indian citizen,
      Gaurav
      Where does the British citizen come into the marriage plans :?: :?
      (Casa, not CR001)
      Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

secret.simon

Re: Getting Married to a british citizen on a T4 student visa

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:31 am

Casa wrote:
      Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:19 pm
      Where does the British citizen come into the marriage plans :?: :?
      usernew01234 wrote:
      Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:18 pm
      I am an Indian citizen currently in UK from 2007 and hold an ILR.
      Presumably the Indian citizen with ILR will have acquired British citizenship by the time of the marriage.
      I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

usernew01234
      Newly Registered
      India

FLR_M 6 items of correspondence

Post by usernew01234 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:50 am

Hello,

I am currently applying for My wife's spouse visa. She is currently in UK on Student Visa T4 and i am a British Citizen. We had a marriage reception in India but we will get Married in a small ceremony in UK and will get a marriage certificate from UK. I have quick questions regarding below sections in the online form:

"You must provide at least 6 items of correspondence, addressed to you and your partner jointly or in both your names"

Q1) My wife and i know each other from last 5 months only and we are living together since July so For this section I can only provide letters with joint names from last 3 months only, will that be ok? I am providing following documents:
      1) Letter from my GP on my wife's name
      2) Letter from DVLA on my wife's name
      3) Letter from HO on my wife's name
      4) Letter from Bank on my wife's name
      5) Letter from Council on both my wife's name and my name
      6) Electricity & Gas Bill on both my wife's name and my name

Please can someone confirm if the above will be enough for this section?

Q2) Other question i have is: Because we are getting our marriage registered in UK should i submit photographs of UK marriage ceremony as well? Also do i need to submit photographs of our reception ceremony in India as well?

Thanks in advance for the great help!!!!

usernew01234
      Newly Registered
      India

Re: FLR_M 6 items of correspondence

Post by usernew01234 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:45 pm

Please can anyone help?

CR001
      Mood:
      South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:49 pm

It is a requirement for the second spouse visa extension and NOT if switching in country to spouse visa. Submit what you have from date of marriage or living together.

Q2) Other question i have is: Because we are getting our marriage registered in UK should i submit photographs of UK marriage ceremony as well? Also do i need to submit photographs of our reception ceremony in India as well?
      No.

Did you legally marry in India or only have an informal 'reception'?? If you legally married in India and your marriage is recognised in India, you cannot 'legally' marry again in the UK.
      Char (CR001 not Casa)
      Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
      Mood:
      South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:52 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

usernew01234
      Newly Registered
      India

Post by usernew01234 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:25 pm

It was an informal reception/function & it was not a legal marriage in India. That’s why we are getting a registered marriage in UK.

So I will not submit any photos from Indian function etc? I will just submit a marriage certificate from UK ?

usernew01234
      Newly Registered
      India

Post by usernew01234 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:31 pm

@CR001 Please can you confirm the above?