ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

quick question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

usernew01234
Newly Registered
India

quick question

Post by usernew01234 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:34 pm

Hello,

Quick question, My wife recently received her spouse visa (FLR-M). She was on T-4 student visa before and still studying her last semester. We have notified uni about the visa status change.

Previously when she was on student visa she had travel restriction (was not allowed to travel outside UK) during term time. Now she is no longer on student visa so can she free travel anytime or these restrictions still in place?

We want to make sure that she does not have any problem when we return after a week to uk.

As always really appreciate your help with this query.

Thanks!

Casa

Re: quick question

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:45 pm

Your wife is free of travel restrictions.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:56 pm

Previously when she was on student visa she had travel restriction (was not allowed to travel outside UK) during term time.
Who said there was this restriction, the university?? I have not seen such a restriction on the student visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wahi66
BANNED

Post by wahi66 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:31 am

its a general immigration restriction on students to inform their sponsor about any travel outside UK, reason and date of return. some universities ask students to take a travel letter from their supervisor or concern department.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:48 am

UKCISA wrote:When?

It's a good idea to plan as far as possible in advance. You will need to plan travel around your studies, you may need to obtain a travel visa and if you book travel in advance by rail or by air, prices tend to be cheaper. We strongly advise you not to take time out of your studies to travel. Your institution may have regulations against this and UK Border Force Officers may also question you on your return if you are travelling during term time (and not at the weekend).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

usernew01234
Newly Registered
India

Post by usernew01234 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:18 pm

Sorry i am little confused now! When we will return to UK can immigration officer ask at airport why she missed a class to go on holidays? Although she is no longer on a student visa. She is currently on a spouse visa (FLR-M). Please can someone clarify?

usernew01234
Newly Registered
India

Post by usernew01234 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:15 pm

Please can someone clarify.....

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:48 pm

Stop over-thinking and worrying. Your wife is free to travel with her FLR-M. She can enter and exit as much as she likes as long as her visa hasn't expired.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease