ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self employed advice needed for spouse visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

arkadygator
Newly Registered
Ghana

Accommodation and pregnancy query for Spouse visa

Post by arkadygator » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:35 pm

Hi everyone, I’m new here and will like to know if I have to include that my wife is pregnant as part of her application to join me in UK as a spouse or it’s not relevant ? I was thinking that adding it on the application form may boost the genuiness of the marriage.

Secondly will sharing a 5 bedroom house on private rent with other tenants suffice for me to apply for her or I will need to rent a one bedroom house or studio to show that I live alone ? Will be applying for her from Ghana.

Thank you in advance.

Casa

Re: Accommodation and pregnancy query for Spouse visa

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:12 pm

arkadygator wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:35 pm
Hi everyone, I’m new here and will like to know if I have to include that my wife is pregnant as part of her application to join me in UK as a spouse or it’s not relevant ? I was thinking that adding it on the application form may boost the genuiness of the marriage. Not relevant.

Secondly will sharing a 5 bedroom house on private rent with other tenants suffice for me to apply for her or I will need to rent a one bedroom house or studio to show that I live alone ? Will be applying for her from Ghana. You don't need to live alone, but as the accommodation has multiple occupancy you will need a property inspection report as proof that there will be no overcrowding. You will also need a letter from the landlord agreeing to your wife living with you in the property.

Thank you in advance.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:15 pm

arkadygator wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:35 pm
Hi everyone, I’m new here and will like to know if I have to include that my wife is pregnant as part of her application to join me in UK as a spouse or it’s not relevant ? I was thinking that adding it on the application form may boost the genuiness of the marriage.

Secondly will sharing a 5 bedroom house on private rent with other tenants suffice for me to apply for her or I will need to rent a one bedroom house or studio to show that I live alone ? Will be applying for her from Ghana.

Thank you in advance.
Yes you can add few documents of her pregnancy which might boost your subsisting relationship evidence. If you are sharing with other non-related adults then you need to have landlord noc letter, property inspection report and most importantly the property must have HMO licence too.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

arkadygator
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by arkadygator » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:49 pm

Thank you once again Casa and Seagull for your valuable input. While filling the application online, if I chose that there are multiple occupants in the accommodation then it comes up with an option for me to add their full names, date of birth and so on. We are all working professionals and I don’t even know their full names. I doubt if I can ask them or the landlord for their personal info. This may even put the landlord of not to write a letter for me. Can I choose an option to show that I live alone so that I can skip answering this questions as I truly live alone in a very quiet house although it’s many occupants ? We hardly even see each although we live in the same accommodation.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:53 pm

Can I choose an option to show that I live alone so that I can skip answering this questions as I truly live alone in a very quiet house although it’s many occupants ? We hardly even see each although we live in the same accommodation.
Well that would be lying wouldn't it. Never a good idea to lie to HO as it can be used against an applicant as deception and could result in a 10 year ban. Whether you 'hardly even see' the other tenants is irrelevant.

You are required to show evidence of adequate accommodation and presumably you have a tenancy agreement for only one room. HO will surely question the property details as this is freely available online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arkadygator
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by arkadygator » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:07 pm

Thank you in advance.
[/quote]

Yes you can add few documents of her pregnancy which might boost your subsisting relationship evidence. If you are sharing with other non-related adults then you need to have landlord noc letter, property inspection report and most importantly the property must have HMO licence too.
[/quote]

Sorry for being a novice on these terms. What is landlord noc letter, how do I go about getting an inspection report and what is HMO ? Regards

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:29 pm

Landlord NOC letter = No Objection letter certifying that your wife can live in the property.
Inspection report - Local authority (Council) or an Estate Agent
HMO = Housing in Multiple Occupancy requiring a licence issued by the local authority.

You will also have to submit a copy of your tenancy agreement.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

arkadygator
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by arkadygator » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:56 pm

Thank you all for your valuable input.

arkadygator
Newly Registered
Ghana

Self employed advice needed for spouse visa application

Post by arkadygator » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:20 pm

As a private hire driver being paid by Uber into my bank account and applying for my foreign spouse to join me. With regards to my accounts for 2017-2018:

1. Is it possible to get a recommendation for an accountant on this site who has done this before with success and roughly how much will the accountant charge for this type of work ?

2. Secondly. Does Home Office ever come back and ask for proof of expenses ?

Many thanks in advance.

Casa

Re: Self employed advice needed for spouse visa application

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:24 am

Under the Board Ts&Cs, members aren't permitted to post personal recommendations on the open forum.

Also bear in mind that for self-employment the £18,600 qualifying income is after HMRC permitted business expenses have been deducted. In other words, the nett amount on which tax due is calculated. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)

arkadygator
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by arkadygator » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:35 am

Thanks, I have a 8 year old British son from my previous marriage living with his mum which I support monthly with £120 on mutual agreement. It’s still shows that £18600 is my qualifying income automatically on the online application form. I was thinking that because of my British son, my qualifying income will go up by adding the £120 I give my son every month by 12 in order to qualify ?

Regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:10 am

arkadygator wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:35 am
Thanks, I have a 8 year old British son from my previous marriage living with his mum which I support monthly with £120 on mutual agreement. It’s still shows that £18600 is my qualifying income automatically on the online application form. I was thinking that because of my British son, my qualifying income will go up by adding the £120 I give my son every month by 12 in order to qualify ?

Regards
British children are exempted from financial threshold but you will need to write on form as what are you paying for his support.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:32 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arkadygator
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by arkadygator » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:51 am

With regards to Homeoffice Reference Number on the online spouse application form, should I leave it blank or should I put my biometric residence card number there ?

Regards

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:11 am

arkadygator wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:35 am

Regards
What you pay monthly for your son is irrelevant. Is the amount from which tax will be payable at least £18,600 (i.e after business expenses have been deducted from earnings) :?:
(Casa, not CR001)

arkadygator
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by arkadygator » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:19 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:29 pm
Landlord NOC letter = No Objection letter certifying that your wife can live in the property.
Inspection report - Local authority (Council) or an Estate Agent
HMO = Housing in Multiple Occupancy requiring a licence issued by the local authority.

You will also have to submit a copy of your tenancy agreement.
Hi everyone, so far my landlord had refused to wrote me a letter stating that the accommodation is for single occupancy only and that’s what he is licence for. Well disappointed but life goes on.

Can I use a friends address if the friend wrote a letter to confirm he is happy for me to stay with him until I rent a flat for myself when my wife arrives although my address on the application will be different to that of my friend address ? My friend currently has a 3 bedroom he is renting private with his wife and his 15 year old son and one room is empty. Maybe this will qualify without over crowding.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:20 pm

You will still need a NOC from the landlord and a property inspection report as far as I am aware.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

arkadygator
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by arkadygator » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:31 pm

Ok how about if I rent a new place for couple from a new landlord who is happy to give me no objection letter. But most documents I will show like my old bank statements and so on will be in my old address. Will that be acceptable ?

Regards

arkadygator
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by arkadygator » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:16 pm

Hi all,

My wife went to submit her spouse visa application in Ghana at the TLScontact centre yesterday and the guy who took her finger prints gave a printout which states that she should inform me that I should go to Sheffield as well to submit other documents. I don’t think what he says is applicable and only applied to anyone applying within U.K. Any advice regarding this will be much appreciated. My understanding is that we have concluded the application and we should just wait for final decision as I have scanned to her all the required documents.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:23 pm

Are you sure it does not state that original supporting documents must be POSTED to Sheffield, which is the normal course of action for a spouse visa?? Not that you personally go there.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

arkadygator
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by arkadygator » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:01 pm

Thank you. I didn’t know about this. Will I need to send my original passport and Biometric Card as well or copies will suffice ?

arkadygator
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by arkadygator » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:01 pm

Success Success. My wife collected her passport today. May I know if she is on 10 year route or 5 year route ? The letter that accompany her passport had a note stating 10 year route with an option to switch to 5 year route although the visa they gave us is for 2 and half years. Not sure if the letter is generic!

Many thanks once again guys. 😊😎

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:04 pm

It is a generic letter.

She is likely on the normal 5 year route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

arkadygator
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by arkadygator » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:54 pm

Thanks for the swift response.

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:15 pm

Hello arkadygator,
How did you manage to resolve the lack of noc letter issue. I am exactly in the same boat as you were.

Also, for your son from your first marriage did you specift some amount. Is there anything else you provided regarding this?

Please advice how you did the above two. Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
Hammad.
arkadygator wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:31 pm
Ok how about if I rent a new place for couple from a new landlord who is happy to give me no objection letter. But most documents I will show like my old bank statements and so on will be in my old address. Will that be acceptable ?

Regards