ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Gov.uk application process for spouse visa applications (Pakistan)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Poundland
Newly Registered
Pakistan

New Gov.uk application process for spouse visa applications (Pakistan)

Post by Poundland » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:22 pm

Just completed the new application form on the Gov.Uk website, relatively simple and straight forward, only thing iv realised is it states on the page that iv got to send my supporting documents off to Pakistan where my wife (applicant) is so she can take it to the VAC instead of myself sending them direct to Sheffield from the UK, has anyone been through this process? And can you still send your supporting documents directly to Sheffield

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: New Gov.uk application process for spouse viss application (Pakistan)

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:26 pm

??

member/faisalm/

immigration-for-family-members/how-long ... l#p1599874

announcements/multiple-member-id-s-t11811.html
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Poundland
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: New Gov.uk application process for spouse visa applications (Pakistan)

Post by Poundland » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:35 pm

I have forgotten my previous account password, I requested a replacement on the website but didnt recieve an email back, apologies for this

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:59 am

Who said you need to send document to VAC? Printed application form with applicant signature on it, photographs, TB/English certificate and all supporting document of sponsor need to send it to Sheiffied office either by applicant or her sponsor ..Visa centre only keep passport of applicant after taking biometric

Poundland
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Poundland » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:48 am

According to my immigration solicitor this is true.

the reply I received:

I thank you for your email of the 29th January 2019.

The current position with regards to visa applications appears to be that we submit the visa application online in the usual way. We then arrange an appointment for the Applicant to attend at the visa center in the country of origin. At the appointment the Applicant is supposed to hand in all documentation in support of the application. The documentation is then sent to the Visa Processing Center in Sheffield so it does appear at the present time that documents are to be submitted in the country of application.

Poundland
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Poundland » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:56 am

Reply from my immigration solicitor, valuable advice for anyone submitting a spouse visa case from Pakistan

What is the best method to prepare the supporting documents? We will go through these as part of the process

Is it best to use the VFS Global barcode separators or do it your own way? VFS Global barcode

Do visa center scan your papers and give you them back or hold them during the duration of the process? Scan

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:09 pm

Poundland wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:56 am
Reply from my immigration solicitor, valuable advice for anyone submitting a spouse visa case from Pakistan

What is the best method to prepare the supporting documents? We will go through these as part of the process

Is it best to use the VFS Global barcode separators or do it your own way? VFS Global barcode

Do visa center scan your papers and give you them back or hold them during the duration of the process? Scan
Yes using barcode separators is very good idea which keep arranged the documents very well. At VFS centre the only thing they will hold is the original applicant's passport after biometrics enrolment.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Poundland
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Poundland » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:03 pm

Please note:

Mirpur VFS Global VAC is not accepting supporting documents, the previous process applies where you have to send your supporting documents direct to Sheffield from the UK.

It seems like Mirpur Gerry office hasnt enforced the new gov.uk application process which clearly states to take your supporting documents with you to your appointmnet in Pakistan.

Poundland
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Poundland » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:04 pm

Please can someone send me the postal address for UKVI to send supporting documents for a spouse visa, thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:55 pm

Poundland wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:04 pm
Please can someone send me the postal address for UKVI to send supporting documents for a spouse visa, thanks
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/chan ... n-pakistan
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:42 am

There have been some changes.
39B
(d) Specified documents may be originals or copies.
Pakistan.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.