ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration for Daughter and Spouse Visa Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

olotus
Newly Registered

Immigration for Daughter and Spouse Visa Extension

Post by olotus » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:44 pm

Greetings to the moderators and everyone who gives useful and helpful advice on this forum

I am new to this forum and will need your help on how to go about the following question:

My wife currently a hold spouse visa and its due for visa extension in August 2019. She did IELTS Academy last year with an average score of 6.5

1. Can my spouse use the IELTS Academy certificate for her extension or she had to sit for the Secure English Language Test (SELT) in at least CEFR level A2
2. Other requirement to support her application

I have daughter who is currently in Africa and she is 16 old and I will like to bring her to the UK before she turns 17 . I am a British Citizen by naturalisation an had my citizenship in 2016 and also have a job with earnings above 28K

1. What are the steps to I need to follow to bring her to the UK
2. Do I have to register her with the British Embassy in my home country in Africa
3. The best way to bring her to the UK as I am bit tight on budget

I have check the forum for something similar to address my concern but not lucky enough

Thanks in advance for your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Immigration for Daughter and Spouse Visa Extension

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:08 pm

1. Can my spouse use the IELTS Academy certificate for her extension or she had to sit for the Secure English Language Test (SELT) in at least CEFR level A2
2. Other requirement to support her application
1. No, she needs English A2 Life Skills IELTS SELT.

2. Financial and proof of cohabitation.
I have daughter who is currently in Africa and she is 16 old and I will like to bring her to the UK before she turns 17 . I am a British Citizen by naturalisation an had my citizenship in 2016 and also have a job with earnings above 28K

1. What are the steps to I need to follow to bring her to the UK
2. Do I have to register her with the British Embassy in my home country in Africa
3. The best way to bring her to the UK as I am bit tight on budget

1. Same visa as your spouse (presumably your spouse is the mother). If not, then you need to prove sole responsibility. If yorur spouse is not her mother, where is the childs other parent??

2. No, she cannot become British simply because you did.

3. There is no cheap route. She needs a settlement visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

olotus
Newly Registered

Post by olotus » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:41 am

Thanks for you prompt reply . I will ask my spouse to take the A2 Exam.

For my daughter ,

1. My daughters mum had remarry as I had her in my teens and my daughter lives with family members
2. How do i go with the settlement visa for my daughter
3. Is the sole responsiblity another form of visa application

Thanks in advance for answering my question

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:05 am

1. My daughters mum had remarry as I had her in my teens and my daughter lives with family members
Who does she live with exactly, her mum??
2. How do i go with the settlement visa for my daughter

Same visa as your spouse is applying for but a child settlement visa if you meet all the requirements.
3. Is the sole responsiblity another form of visa application
It is official evidence of sole responsibility, ie. court order, death of other parent etc. See link below and HO is quite strict on this.

immigration-for-family-members/sole-res ... 13087.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.