ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delays to my wife's settlement visa abroad

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bobimma
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Delays to my wife's settlement visa abroad

Post by bobimma » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:42 am

Please I applied for settlement visa for my wife and daughter since on the 16 October 2018. More than 4 months has now passed without any decision yet.

I called them severallly and they will tell me decision was made in January but it was put back for review. I seems not to understand the meaning of putting application back for review. It is strange to me. What are they reviewing since January?

Please I am now thinking if it is possible to take home office court directly and determine whether it is right for them to hold on to an application indefinitely without response.

I seriously considering taking a legal action. I am British citizen and so granting my wife and daughter should be a right and not a favour.

Please what do u think people?

Casa

Re: Delays to my wife's settlement visa abroad

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:21 am

bobimma wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:42 am
Please I applied for settlement visa for my wife and daughter since on the 16 October 2018. More than 4 months has now passed without any decision yet.

I called them severallly and they will tell me decision was made in January but it was put back for review. I seems not to understand the meaning of putting application back for review. It is strange to me. What are they reviewing since January?

Please I am now thinking if it is possible to take home office court directly and determine whether it is right for them to hold on to an application indefinitely without response.

I seriously considering taking a legal action. I am British citizen and so granting my wife and daughter should be a right and not a favour.

Please what do u think people?
When your wife and daughter's settlement application was submitted, it appears from your previous topic that you weren't a British citizen. What was your immigration status at the time of submission :?:

british-citizenship/email-from-home-off ... l#p1729429
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

bobimma
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by bobimma » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:33 pm

Yes, when the application was submitted in October, I only had Permanent Residence at the time. However, since after the post u cited I have gotten my British citizenship. Also, I don't think that changes the content of the post or the answers been sort.

Please may I know if u have a clue on what to do or if u think I can go to court. It is becoming annoying.

Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:47 pm

So your wife and daughter's applications for settlement are being assessed as dependants of a sponsor with PR, not with British citizenship, although that shouldn't make a difference providing you have submitted all the specified evidence.

However, going back to your original question, you aren't able to sue the Home Office through the Court due to a delay in deciding the application. Neither do British citizens have an automatic right to bring their family to the UK and the Immigration Rules still apply.

The review may be due to your PR being issued after an appeal. If you wan't to escalate the application, you may get a response if you ask your MP to intervene on your behalf.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

wahi66
BANNED

Post by wahi66 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:48 pm

bobimma wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:33 pm
Yes, when the application was submitted in October, I only had Permanent Residence at the time. However, since after the post u cited I have gotten my British citizenship. Also, I don't think that changes the content of the post or the answers been sort.

Please may I know if u have a clue on what to do or if u think I can go to court. It is becoming annoying.

Thanks
there is no such legal action available for not deciding your request of spouse visa. and also its not gonna speed up the process at all. on the contrary, even if there was any legal action available, you ll not only have to spend money but still wait for any legal action to be started in court.
search the forum to see how many waiting for their decisions to be made for year.

the best approach would be to get involve your MP which can be very very handy and can makes things easy for you.

bobimma
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by bobimma » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:48 pm

Finally my wife and daughter got their visas.

Timelines:
Biometric: 24/10/2018
Submitted document to home office: 30/10/2018
Email for collection of passport: 22/03/2018

Please may I know how many years visa will be be given to my daughter.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:52 pm

bobimma wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:48 pm
Please may I know how many years visa will be be given to my daughter.
Same visa validity as your spouse. 30 days valid initial visa vignette and a 2.5 year visa validity in total on their BRP cards.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.