ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa while Spouse visa in process

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

reedmace
Newly Registered

Visitor visa while Spouse visa in process

Post by reedmace » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:46 am

Hi guys

I’ve got two questions. Could you provide some clarity on this, please?

I’m British citizen and we’re currently going through Spouse visa process with my wife, who lives outside the UK. Since the process takes a while, is it possible for her to obtain a regular Visitor visa? So she could come to me and wait for the visa here in the UK. Will this somehow badly affect our application?

Another question is regarding paid queries/phone calls. Seems like currently it is taking 2 months on average for HO to make a decision. Is it worth it to query application status? Do they provide any specific details regarding case status? For example, the decision will be made next week or in two weeks time. Or they simply respond with “it’s still in progress”?

Thank you, I appreciate your help.

Casa

Re: Visitor visa while Spouse visa in process

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:54 am

reedmace wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:46 am
Hi guys

I’ve got two questions. Could you provide some clarity on this, please?

I’m British citizen and we’re currently going through Spouse visa process with my wife, who lives outside the UK. Since the process takes a while, is it possible for her to obtain a regular Visitor visa? So she could come to me and wait for the visa here in the UK. Will this somehow badly affect our application? Your wife won't be granted a visitor visa, due to her pending spouse visa application and the intention to settle. Neither would she be able to 'wait for her spouse visa' in the UK. If the settlement visa is issued, she will be given a 30 day vignette in her passport and will be required to collect her BRP from the designated Post Office within 10 days of arrival.

Another question is regarding paid queries/phone calls. Seems like currently it is taking 2 months on average for HO to make a decision. Is it worth it to query application status? Do they provide any specific details regarding case status? For example, the decision will be made next week or in two weeks time. Or they simply respond with “it’s still in progress”? No point. You'll simply be given a generic response.

Thank you, I appreciate your help.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

reedmace
Newly Registered

Re: Visitor visa while Spouse visa in process

Post by reedmace » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:06 pm

Thank you, Casa.

Then we’ll just wait. As patiently as possible :)