ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for ILR application - spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bgsbgs

Documents for ILR application - spouse

Post by Bgsbgs » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:58 pm

Hi

Is there a precise list of documents needed for the ILR application for spouses somewhere? I tried looking at the government website but didn't find it.

In particular, how many bank/utility statements are needed with both our names on it? We will need to apply in 2 years but I don't want to get to that point and find there are not enough institutions where both of us are registered and named on the statements.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Documents for ILR application - spouse

Post by seagul » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:28 pm

Bgsbgs wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:58 pm

In particular, how many bank/utility statements are needed with both our names on it?
Usually 6 piece of documents if in joint names otherwise 12 in each name and they should cover previous at least 2 years. These documents can be other than bank statements / utilities bills which are easily able to get.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Bgsbgs

Post by Bgsbgs » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:20 pm

Thank you.

I understand that they need to come from different companies/institutions. How many different institutions are needed? At the moment we have (for my spouse) council tax, 2 banks, HMRC and a credit card issuer (and a similar number of institutions for me). Is that enough, or do I need to get other utilities etc. to add her?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:31 pm

6 different sources, potentially more if you have very little in joint names.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:31 pm
6 different sources,
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.