ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa for family members from OUT SIDE UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

QSDanik
Mood:

Best time to invite wife and kids to join me in UK

Post by QSDanik » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:07 am

Hello Friends
I will be grateful if you please advise me what is good for me and my family to join me, finance wise ( Spending one visa fees) and time wise for my kids to qualify for ILR
I will be eligible for IRL (on 5 Year Route of Tier 1) to apply in November 2019.
my Wife and 4 kids are stil back home, I want to invite them to join me in UK.
Can you please guide me what is best for me to invite them before I apply for ILR or after my ILR

1-What is best option, I mean if I apply now, I have to apply again for all of them at time of my ILR and then one more extension for kids and wife to complete them 5 years. is it three time I have to apply for their visa till they get qualified for their ILR
2- or if I apply after my ILR i only need two time Fees, first time when they come to UK and 2nd time to extend their extension visa or they get directly 5 year visa at first time

3- my oldest daughter is 12 now and youngest are 8. do they also need to complete 5 years to get qualify for ILR or different role for kids and wife

4- as I have 5 dependent coming to Join me, Financial status to invite them is different if I invite them now or after ILR.. I understand if I invite them now I only need to show maintenance fund and my tier 1 documents. But if I invite them after my ILR is it necessary to show specific salary as I will still own my business and doing same thing. and if I have to show salary how much I should have for my 5 dependents.

all guidance will be highly appreciated.
thanks
QSDanik

QSDanik
Mood:

Settlement visa for family members from OUT SIDE UK

Post by QSDanik » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:29 pm

Dear Members,
I will appriciate if you can reply my post.
after my ILR in Nov 2019. I will apply settlement visa for my wife and kids.

1- I understand my wife will get visa for 3 years first and then 2 year extention in UK and then she will be able to apply for her indefinate leave ?

2- But my kids are under 18, will they get indefinate leave from out side UK when I apply for them settlement visa?

3- Do I need to pay IHS for wife?
4 -Do I need to pay IHS for Kids?

thankyou in advance for your time.
QSDanik

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Settlement visa for family members from OUT SIDE UK

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:43 pm

Please do not tag your question onto ILR topics that are not relevant to your circumstances. Post split to its own thread in the family immigration sub forum.
1- I understand my wife will get visa for 3 years first and then 2 year extention in UK and then she will be able to apply for her indefinate leave ?
It is 2 x 2.5 year visas for a spouse/child settlement visa.
2- But my kids are under 18, will they get indefinate leave from out side UK when I apply for them settlement visa?
No. They will get the same visa as your spouse and will need an extension and ILR, same as your spouse.
3- Do I need to pay IHS for wife?
Yes, £1000 (might be £1200 if a 33 month visa is granted)
4 -Do I need to pay IHS for Kids?
Yes, £1000 each (might be £1200 each if a 33 month visa is granted)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

QSDanik
Mood:

Post by QSDanik » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:23 pm

Thankyou CR001 for your Quick response. sorry for putting my post in irrelvent topic, and thankyou that you have put it in right section.
Can you please guide me further.
1-when applying settlement visa outside UK for my wife and kids.. is Fee £3250 per head
2-and after 2.5 year when applying for extention of Settelment is fee £2389 ?
3- and when they complete 5 year is that they need again to apply for indefinate leave to remain visa ? and what is fee of ILR inside for dependents

4- if they join me before ILR, and is it same condition, kids still have to spend 5 years to get their ILR.
I am really grateful for your time.
with regards
QSDanik

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:17 am

1. Visa fee is £1523 and IHS is £1000 (or £1200) each. Not sure how you get to £3250.

2. No. £2389 is for ILR. They need 5 years on spouse before they can apply for ILR. A FLR M extension currently costs £1033 each for standard application plus £1000 IHS fee each.

3. When they qualify for ILR, they have to pay a fee again, which is currently £2389 each for standard application, which is the current fee. Fees go up every April. Everyone pays the same fee for ILR, there is no difference which route is taken or whether they are dependents or main applicant.

4. What do mean "join you before ILR"?? Children born abroad will follow the same path as the spouse without ILR or British citizenship. There is no shortcut. The only time children born abroad can possibly get Indefinite leave to enter (similar to ilr) is if Both parents have ILR or are British and the children are under 18. Had you brought your family before you got ILR, children would still only qualify for ILR when your spouse does.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

QSDanik
Mood:

Post by QSDanik » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:34 pm

Hello CR001
Thankyou so much, its great information for me, I was looking for this all information, it really will be helpfull to plan all process for my dependents.
last bit of information please.
Its not immigration question. but you have good knowlege and inforamtion, so if you can answer.
When my kids will here as dependent on settlement visa (for 5 years) before their ILR. if KIDs go to college/Uni ( before their ILR) do they have to pay international fees?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:35 pm

When my kids will here as dependent on settlement visa (for 5 years) before their ILR. if KIDs go to college/Uni ( before their ILR) do they have to pay international fees?
Yes. They only pay home fees and qualify for Student Finance if they hold ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)