ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My elderly father’s immigration- to bring him to uk

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Suresh baba
Newly Registered
India

My elderly father’s immigration- to bring him to uk

Post by Suresh baba » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:14 pm

Hello,

I am contacting you with regards to my father’s immigration issue. I will brief my story-
My mother passed away in India in July 2014 and we are only 2 daughters both abroad. So I brought my father here in UK on visit visa in jan 2015 , but he got massive heart attack in April 2015 and was admitted emergency and then bypass surgery was done at rioting st George’s hospital.

Since then my father was with us here as I was reluctant to send him back home , as he will be alone and who will after him. So we tried to apply for adult dependency visa and the case was on going - 2-3 times we have been to Feltham court , the huge nhs bills started coming, we couldn’t pay, so nothing was working and my Husband was getting depressed , he said it’s risk keeping him here etc ... I had very hard time , been through lot , tried to advice from CAB and local MP etc... but all in vain , and lastly I withdrew his application and he went back to India on August 2018.

I wanted to ask you is it possible I can bring my father back to UK?
What will happen to nhs bills which are huge bills?
Can a fresh application be made and nhs will be free for him?
I am really worried and in dilemma and need genuine advise and help. I greatly appreciate your help.

Please help
Neelam

Casa

Re: My elderly father’s immigration- to bring him to uk

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:19 am

Unfortunately, your father will be denied any visa for the UK until the outstanding NHS bills are paid.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

wahi66
BANNED

Post by wahi66 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:44 am

even if you pay the bills, i think it is likely to get no no refusal on visit visa based on previous dependent application. if you still want to take risk then better applying after making payment arrangements with NHS.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:44 am

UK authority don’t joke with NHS bills, it has to be paid. You can then leave little time and try applying for him though no 100% assurances
Bizman