ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appealing spouse visa extension refusal on A1/A2 grounds

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kublashvili
Newly Registered

Appealing spouse visa extension refusal on A1/A2 grounds

Post by Kublashvili » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:05 pm

Hi, So we completed application to extend my wifes non-eea spouse family visa in good time, but had it rejected on the language requirement. I see now that the HO changed the requirement from A1 to A2 in 2017, however the application clearly states to provide evidence to an A1 standard. There is no way we could have known this, as we followed the online application to the letter, and could have not have reasonably been expected to verify this another way, when the application is as clear as it is.

I am aware we are not the only people to have fallen foul of this, and my MP has taken it up directly with the HO without response. I am launching an admin appeal as I write this, as we have undertaken the A2 test, and would hope for a quick response. If the HO changed this requirement back in 2017, why didn't they update the online guidance??

Has anyone had feedback in any form on this precise issue? Indeed, has anyone successfully appealed (with the A2 in hand)?

And what is a COHID number as all the refusal letter has is a case ID which is not requested in the online appeal process. Thanks in advance.

vinny

Re: Appealing spouse visa extension refusal on A1/A2 grounds

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:44 pm

Their refusal may be unlawful.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.