ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Residency (Parents) While application reviewed by Other member state?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SameerSheikh

UK Residency (Parents) While application reviewed by Other member state?

Post by SameerSheikh » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:46 am

Hi All

Can someone apply for UK residency for their parents while their application is being reviewed (refused and reviewed) by another member state?

Casa

Re: UK Residency (Parents) While application reviewed by Other member state?

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:59 am

Yes, but if the application is for an Adult Dependent settlement visa for your parents under the UK Immigration Rules, there is little chance of success due to this route being virtually closed following the tightening of the rules in July 2012. :idea:

You will have to give more details for anyone to advise you.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

SameerSheikh

Post by SameerSheikh » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:11 pm

Hi

Thanks for your response.

I have applied for EU1 under treaty rights and have got a refusal and not appealing under EU4 application and while that application is under review - can I come back to UK , bring my dependants(Parents) and apply for UK residency?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:18 pm

Presumably you tried ireland, like 1000s of others, so a well know route back to the UK and falls for scrutiny.

Did your parents get a visitor visa to go to Ireland and have to prove they are independent and will leave the state??

What was the EU1 reason for refusal?

How long have you and parents been in Ireland?

The UK and Ireland share immigration data.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SameerSheikh

Post by SameerSheikh » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:32 pm

Thats correct - Tried via Ireland.

They had UK Visitors visa and not Ireland's Visitor. They came to UK as visitor but then went to Ireland so not genuine applicant. They have now been in Ireland with me(British Citizen) for nearly 2 years now on and off with multiple entry visas as we had to reapply twice for Stamp4 but granted both times. Now the multi-entry visa has ran out but still waiting for decision on their application.

So when they got the UK visa, they were part dependent.

Reason for Refusal: They said: Not genuine applicants as there was discrepancy in partial dependancy for UK but full dependency for Ireland claimed in visa applications.

What are my chances to move back to UK and apply for settlement there instead of waiting for Ireland?

SameerSheikh

Post by SameerSheikh » Sun May 05, 2019 10:40 am

Hi Casa / CR001

Not sure if you had a chance to read my last post. What's your further advice on my situation please?

Regards
SS

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed May 08, 2019 10:12 am

SameerSheikh wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:11 pm
Hi

Thanks for your response.

I have applied for EU1 under treaty rights and have got a refusal and not appealing under EU4 application and while that application is under review - can I come back to UK , bring my dependants(Parents) and apply for UK residency?
Given the stringent nature of the UK Surinder Singh system, which in many ways is unlawful, they are very likely to rely upon a previous refusal or suggest that residence was not genuine. Therefore it is worth noting
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors