ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wife has visa , but has to leave 2 month old baby?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amy786
Afghanistan

wife has visa , but has to leave 2 month old baby?

Post by amy786 » Sat May 18, 2019 11:33 am

just a quick question for my nephew.
his wife has been granted a visa, however she has 2 month old baby which she is breast feeding.

he says she cannot bring baby over yet, (although he has applied for a british passport for her)
solicitor has told him baby cannot come over with mother until 3 months lapsed.

is this correct?,
they are devastated at having to leave baby, as i believe there is a time limit on her visa to come into this country.

any advice appreciated.

thanks

Casa

Re: wife has visa , but has to leave 2 month old baby?

Post by Casa » Sat May 18, 2019 11:47 am

Is the solicitor saying this a Home Office regulation or the airline's ?

And 'lapsed' following what exactly? The birth or the mother's visa issue date? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

amy786
Afghanistan

Post by amy786 » Mon May 20, 2019 10:14 am

mum has been given visa, has to arrive in uk within 28 days.

just applied for british passport for baby now , as did not have supporting documents, due to them being with wifes visa application.
documents were required for childs passport application. just received them back now when visa received.

not sure if passport will be received in time within the 28 days when mum has to arrive.
well its about 23 days now.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 20, 2019 10:36 am

For about £170, your spouse can apply for a visa vignette transfer for a different date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

amy786
Afghanistan

Post by amy786 » Mon May 20, 2019 10:53 am

thanks, is this applicable to pakistan national and if so, how, and where to apply.

solictor never mentioned this, who has been dealing with wifes application

thanks for your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 20, 2019 10:57 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

amy786
Afghanistan

Post by amy786 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:11 am

i have checked that link, but it to replace visa in new passport due to loss or expiry

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:14 am

Did you miss point 3. ECB17.3??
3. ECB17.3 Replacing a 30 day short validity (travel) vignette
30 day vignettes can also be replaced using a transfer of conditions and not as a new application for leave to enter. For information on the current fee for a Transfer of Conditions see the visa fees page on GOV.UK.

If the applicant has been granted a 30 day vignette and fails to enter the UK within the 30 day validity period, they must make an application for a replacement 30 day vignette by applying for a Transfer of Conditions.

If the applicant loses or has their passport (& vignette) stolen before they travel to the UK, they will need to replace the passport and report the loss/theft to the police before making a Transfer of Conditions application for a replacement 30 day vignette. Where it is reasonable for them to do so, the applicant should provide evidence that they have reported the loss/theft to the police. Where no evidence is available the case should be referred to an ECM.

For all replacement visas, case notes and other records must be updated to take account of the lost or stolen passport and visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon May 20, 2019 7:17 pm

amy786 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:53 am
thanks, is this applicable to pakistan national and if so, how, and where to apply.

solictor never mentioned this, who has been dealing with wifes application

thanks for your help
British passport from abroad takings 6-9 months
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

amy786
Afghanistan

Post by amy786 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:20 am

can we apply for baby passport from here , or get some sort of passage documentation for her to allow her to travel

amy786
Afghanistan

Post by amy786 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:33 am

current situation:-
infant has not received passport as yet.
passport office in uk are requesting nationality certificates of grandparents which were issued around mid 1970's.
they do not have these docs. as they had a burglary and these were lost as well.
have contacted national archives , but they cannot find these documents either.
passport office are insisting these are required, so currently against a brick wall as do not know which way to turn.
any advice appreciated, as desperate for information as how to resolve this matter, solicitor not much help as well , saying these docs. are required.
child is now a year old residing with grandparents, as both parents are in uk

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:52 pm

When and where was the baby’s father born?

Was he born in the UK to a British or settled parent?

Doesn’t the HMPO have records of him and his parents?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

amy786
Afghanistan

Post by amy786 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:05 pm

vinny wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:52 pm

When and where was the baby’s father born? - He was born in uk 1988

Was he born in the UK to a British or settled parent? - at the time of his birth, both parents had british citizenship

Doesn’t the HMPO have records of him and his parents? - we have informed HMPO that they should have records of him and his parents, as have always had passports.

Just seems like HMPO are being awkward.

amy786
Afghanistan

Post by amy786 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:59 pm

have discussed over phone with HMPO that they should have details of citizenship from when the first british passport was applied.
however , their reply was that they do not hold records for that long ago (mid 1970's as there was no computerised system in place at that time

seems like we have hit a brickwall

amy786
Afghanistan

Post by amy786 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:29 am

well, PO have decided to provide us with some ref. no.'s , which have been forwarded to national archives.
hopefully, fingers crossed, they will be able to find details of the certificate.

however, what bugs me is that why the PO office are asking for certificate , if they already have the information they require,

amy786
Afghanistan

Post by amy786 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:46 pm

finally a breakthrough.

national archives have emailed saying certificate has been found after using details (supplied by PO) that we sent them.

on downside though is they are now closed so cert. cannot be ordered until they re-open.

don't think PO will be kind enough to accept the email NA have sent us, they will want the certificate.
although the email contains all ref. no.'s.

so its just a waiting game now for this virus fiasco to end and NA opens again

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:01 pm

You can apply (in normal times) for an expedited copy of the birth certificate, at extra expense.

Amanda
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

wentots

Post by wentots » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:43 am

We were at the same situation 2 years ago 😬. Wife gave birth then after 2 weeks we applied for her spouse visa then after 2-3 months we received her visa then we had to leave the baby under my grandparents care who took care of me when I was little.

Applied for my sons british passport through me after a month of my wife’s arrival then received his passport after 2-3 months