ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommodation Question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

NeilRedfern
Newly Registered

Accommodation Question

Post by NeilRedfern » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:11 am

Hello,

We are currently filling in the flr (m) form for my wife, and we are a little confused by how to response to the question "Do you own or rent your home?"

I purchased the home we live in prior to meeting my now wife, and we have not gone though the process and expense of adding her to the mortgage and deeds.

So technically the answer to the question is "Neither own or rent", but there want to me to provide a letter stating she permission to live there. Which will easy enough to do seems to be a bit on the sarcastic side i.e. I give permission for my wife to live with me.

Or are we over thinking this and the response should be "I Own"?

Thanks

Neil

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Accommodation Question

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:01 pm

I think saying owning is more appropriate
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

NeilRedfern
Newly Registered

Post by NeilRedfern » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:49 pm

Thanks, I guess common sense is part of the process

Neil

babsquare
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by babsquare » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:40 pm

In a situation where by you living with family member. what should be the answer and what document to prove. Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:00 pm

babsquare wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:40 pm
In a situation where by you living with family member. what should be the answer and what document to prove. Thanks
Please post your questions in you own topic instead of tagging onto another member's thread. This is not only unfair to the member, it also causes confusion.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.