ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT to Spouse Visa (Dependent to ILR)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

HRBUK
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 ICT to Spouse Visa (Dependent to ILR)

Post by HRBUK » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:08 pm

Hi All, I am new to this forum, appreciate your help for my below mentioned query:

One of my friend is currently working in UK under Tier 2 ICT visa category and married in UK to a girl who have just received her ILR. He wants to know the process of applying spouse visa thereby become ILR dependent. He has following few queries regarding the same:

1) Can he apply for spouse visa while he being in UK under Tier 2 visa OR does he need to go back to India and raise an application from there?
2) How many days it takes if the Spouse visa application is raised in UK or in India?

Appreciate your advise for the above queries.

Thank you!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 ICT to Spouse Visa (Dependent to ILR)

Post by seagul » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:18 pm

HRBUK wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:08 pm
Hi All, I am new to this forum, appreciate your help for my below mentioned query:

One of my friend is currently working in UK under Tier 2 ICT visa category and married in UK to a girl who have just received her ILR. He wants to know the process of applying spouse visa thereby become ILR dependent. He has following few queries regarding the same:

1) Can he apply for spouse visa while he being in UK under Tier 2 visa OR does he need to go back to India and raise an application from there?
2) How many days it takes if the Spouse visa application is raised in UK or in India?

Thank you!

Ask your friend to register with forum and ask his own questions. Anyways:

1. Yes he can apply for spouse visa from within uk

2. After marriage anytime he can apply. There is super priority service which might give decision in 24hrs.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:57 pm

Your friend should be made aware that when he switches to a spouse visa, his immigration clock will be reset to zero, putting him on a new 5 year (2.5 x 2.5) path to settlement (ILR) :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

HRBUK
Newly Registered
India

Post by HRBUK » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:49 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:18 pm
HRBUK wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:08 pm

Thank you!

Ask your friend to register with forum and ask his own questions. Anyways:

1. Yes he can apply for spouse visa from within uk

2. After marriage anytime he can apply. There is super priority service which might give decision in 24hrs.
Thank you for the responses!

HRBUK
Newly Registered
India

Post by HRBUK » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:50 pm

Casa wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:57 pm
Your friend should be made aware that when he switches to a spouse visa, his immigration clock will be reset to zero, putting him on a new 5 year (2.5 x 2.5) path to settlement (ILR) :idea:
Thank you!