ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply under family route or FLR(M) - spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

saleemkhan1

Apply under family route or FLR(M) - spouse visa

Post by saleemkhan1 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:40 pm

Hi Experts,

I have recently got my ILR. Before ILR, I was on student visa. I have my wife who is dependent on me. I am working 20 hours with a company. Now I got ilr and has been allowed full time work. The company now starting self employed and every employee has to be on self employment. My wife visa will expire in the second week in January 2020, now I have more than 6 months. I want to apply for her under family route or FLR (M) which has requirement of £18600 and English level test.My queries are;

1. If I start working with the same company as a self employed, what would be then the financial requirement when I apply for FMR (M) Visa. How would I manage it as I heard that a self employed has to pay all the tax at the end of each year. In my case, we have left 6 months, so what would be the case. What documents would I need to prepare and ready before visa apply.

2. which one would fulfill the requirement of the above visa; either to keep working with the current company on self employment or to search another company and work on PAYE.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
SK

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Apply under family route or FLR(M) - spouse visa

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:00 pm

saleemkhan1 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:40 pm
search another company and work on PAYE.

That would be better because your previous 20 hours of working wont be giving you enough wages of £18600 unless your wife is also working who can combine her income with you. If she is also working then you both can combine yours incomes and apply before your existing company gets changed you to self employment. For English language requirement she will have to do A1 ielts test.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

saleemkhan1

Re: Apply under family route or FLR(M) - spouse visa

Post by saleemkhan1 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:40 pm

As I said earlier post, I used to work for 20 hours, Now I got ILR and the company starting self employment for every employee. In case, if I start as a self employed in the next month and keep continue until end of December 2019 and keep all the wage slips etc. What documents do I need to show for spouse FLR (M) visa. Is it possible to show all documents until December 2019 from now and get the visa. I mean is there any chance to work for six months as a self employed to have a successful decision after showing all documents.

My wife is dependent on me, she was granted visa as a tier 4 dependent. Now to switch to FLR (M) visa, which English test she needs to pass?

Thanks