ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Access UK and Supporting Documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kimn

Urgent Access UK and Supporting Documents

Post by Kimn » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:57 am

Hi all I submitted my application last night via Access UK and will finish uploading documents tonight otherwise VFS centre tomorrow. Biometrics are booked for Thursday and 28 day validity for certain docs expires on Friday. I just need some help please on a couple of points:

1. Separating Documents - How did everyone go about separating the docs into different sections when uploading online or using the barcode separators at VFS centre? For example it lists the sponsor letter in relationship and in sponsor evidence section. Similarly accommodation and financial evidence are also listed in sponsor evidence as well as having their own section. Would really appreciate any help with how people separated their documents into the different sections.

2. Appendix 2 - I have read different opinions on this - Do we still submit this for new applications?

3. My document checklist doesn’t have anything on there about providing employment details (I will be uploading anyway) - has anyone had this come up?

4. I couldn’t see anything about this online but do we have to get the sponsor’s passport attested? I haven’t done this because I didn’t see it as a requirement but have now seen that a couple of people on here have done so.

Any help at all would be great thanks

Kimn

Re: Urgent Access UK and Supporting Documents

Post by Kimn » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:07 am

Kimn wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:57 am
Hi all I submitted my application last night via Access UK for a spouse visa and will finish uploading documents tonight otherwise VFS centre tomorrow. Biometrics are booked for Thursday and 28 day validity for certain docs expires on Friday. I just need some help please on a couple of points:

1. Separating Documents - How did everyone go about separating the docs into different sections when uploading online or using the barcode separators at VFS centre? For example it lists the sponsor letter in relationship and in sponsor evidence section. Similarly accommodation and financial evidence are also listed in sponsor evidence as well as having their own section. Would really appreciate any help with how people separated their documents into the different sections.

2. Appendix 2 - I have read different opinions on this - Do we still submit this for new applications?

3. My document checklist doesn’t have anything on there about providing employment details (I will be uploading anyway) - has anyone had this come up?

4. I couldn’t see anything about this online but do we have to get the sponsor’s passport attested? I haven’t done this because I didn’t see it as a requirement but have now seen that a couple of people on here have done so.

smithy101

Post by smithy101 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:59 am

I am at VFS London getting my documents scanned in as I type this ... I used the document separators that was provide on the VFS website, however, they have sorted my documents into categories using their own document separators, which are identical to the ones I have printed ... expect mine are better quality. I would imagine it’s due to the fact their scanner can read it better ... not sure. Anyway, I would advise to still use the document separators so they know where to place your documents in accordance with theirs.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Kimn

Post by Kimn » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:46 am

Hi thanks for your reply. How did it go in the end? Did you walk in. Do you get any confirmation it has been uploaded?

Under what category did you/they sort each document?

Thanks in advance.

KristianDLloyd
Mood:
Wales

Post by KristianDLloyd » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:40 pm

My partner submitted his application last night and I attended the VFS Centre in Shoreditch, London today to submit the supporting documents.

Walk in and advise you are there for the scanning service. You will be given a ticket and expected to wait (approx. 2hrs).

I would advise going first thing. The staff there are surprisingly helpful...
Kimn wrote:
Hi all I submitted my application last night via Access UK and will finish uploading documents tonight otherwise VFS centre tomorrow. Biometrics are booked for Thursday and 28 day validity for certain docs expires on Friday. I just need some help please on a couple of points:

This would depend on the type of settlement visa you're applying for. We are applying for the Fiance (Proposed Civil Partner) visa and included barcodes for:
- Sponsor Evidence (attested passport, employment evidence, bank statements, accomodation etc)
- Consent Letters and Proof of Relationship (relationship docs)
- Educational Evidence (UK degree certs)
- Tuberculosis (TB) Evidence (TB cert)
Kimn wrote:

I was advised that this was not required for AccessUK applications.
Kimn wrote:

This is to be included in the Sponsor Evidence.
Kimn wrote:

I was advised that it should be. You can have it attested at a Post Office for a fee of £10. I'd recommend having both your biometric page and visas attested. The rest, I was advised, can simply be photocopied.
Kimn wrote:

It's a very confusing process. Let me know if you have any further questions - I'd only be happy to try and help!

Kristian

smithy101

Post by smithy101 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:27 pm

Kimn wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:46 am
Hi thanks for your reply. How did it go in the end? Did you walk in. Do you get any confirmation it has been uploaded?

Under what category did you/they sort each document?

Thanks in advance.
I got seen fairly quickly but arrived early, just after 10:30am. I would definitely advise going early!

I sorted my documents in accordance with their own document separators which I found here https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/au/en/-/med ... C8C559CA39

At the end of the appointment, I got a receipt for the payments made with two reference numbers noted on it which were in accordance with my two sets of documents for my two applications (spouse visa for husband and son). They took my name and number in case anything went wrong/they needed anything further. I too found staff to be helpful and nice!

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:05 pm

KristianDLloyd wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:40 pm
My partner submitted his application last night and I attended the VFS Centre in Shoreditch, London today to submit the supporting documents.

Walk in and advise you are there for the scanning service. You will be given a ticket and expected to wait (approx. 2hrs).

Kimn wrote:

This would depend on the type of settlement visa you're applying for. We are applying for the Fiance (Proposed Civil Partner) visa and included barcodes for:
- Sponsor Evidence (attested passport, employment evidence, bank statements, accomodation etc)
Kimn wrote:

Kimn wrote:

Kimn wrote:

I was advised that it should be. You can have it attested at a Post Office for a fee of £10. I'd recommend having both your biometric page and visas attested. The rest, I was advised, can simply be photocopied.
Kimn wrote:

It's a very confusing process. Let me know if you have any further questions - I'd only be happy to try and help!

Kristian
Hi is it mandatory to get passport attested? Also the application page from biometrics appointment was this signed and scanned or posted to you? Thanks

Kimn

Post by Kimn » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:03 pm

KristianDLloyd wrote:

Kimn wrote:

Kimn wrote:

Kimn wrote:

Kimn wrote:

Kimn wrote:

Kristian

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Thanks Kristian, so you only used 3/4 barcode separaters? Did they advise you where to put each doc or did you do that.

Re: appendix 2 who advised that it was no longer required? Thanks again

Kimn

Post by Kimn » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:05 pm

Fizzy513 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:05 pm
KristianDLloyd wrote:

Kimn wrote:

Kimn wrote:

Kimn wrote:

Kimn wrote:

Kimn wrote:

Kristian
Hi is it mandatory to get passport attested? Also the application page from biometrics appointment was this signed and scanned or posted to you? Thanks
Hi I think I saw your comment on another post and you asked about appendix 2 but it’s locked. Did you manage to find out if it was required? Thanks

KristianDLloyd
Mood:
Wales

Post by KristianDLloyd » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:34 pm

Fizzy513 wrote:
KristianDLloyd wrote:

Kimn wrote:

Kimn wrote:

Kimn wrote:

Kimn wrote:

Kimn wrote:

Kristian
I’m pretty sure it is mandatory, my Immigration Adviser said nothing to the contrary.

He is going to sign it when he submits his biometrics tomorrow. VFS advised that he can do it out there against the same reference number which will link to the same application.

KristianDLloyd
Mood:
Wales

Post by KristianDLloyd » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:39 pm

Kimn wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:05 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
KristianDLloyd wrote:

Kimn wrote:

Kimn wrote:

Kimn wrote:

Kimn wrote:

Kimn wrote:

Kristian
Hi I think I saw your comment on another post and you asked about appendix 2 but it’s locked. Did you manage to find out if it was required? Thanks
I paid initially for an Immigration Adviser (they came recommended) and she advised that if applying through AccessUK, Appendix 2 is not required.

WRT dividers - I separated this out myself having gone through several threads on online forums.

A word of warning - watch them like a hawk when they’re scanning. At one point, the scanner took 4 documents at the same time and the VFS assistant didn’t notice until I pointed it out. Was also insistent that they showed me what they had scanned for the section that jammed.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:22 am

I have seen some applicants using ACCESS UK requested to submit appendix 2 and its also part of the checklist so I will definitely submit one as well as HO have not come out to say APPENDIX 2 is not needed any longer.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

KristianDLloyd
Mood:
Wales

Post by KristianDLloyd » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:48 am

TODMATT wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:22 am
I have seen some applicants using ACCESS UK requested to submit appendix 2 and its also part of the checklist so I will definitely submit one as well as HO have not come out to say APPENDIX 2 is not needed any longer.
I was advised by the UKVI helpline and Immigration Adviser that if it’s not listed on the Document Checklist (which it isn’t on mine) then it is not required.

Kimn

Post by Kimn » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:31 pm

KristianDLloyd wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:39 pm
Kimn wrote:
Fizzy513 wrote:
KristianDLloyd wrote:

Kristian
I paid initially for an Immigration Adviser (they came recommended) and she advised that if applying through AccessUK, Appendix 2 is not required.

WRT dividers - I separated this out myself having gone through several threads on online forums.

A word of warning - watch them like a hawk when they’re scanning. At one point, the scanner took 4 documents at the same time and the VFS assistant didn’t notice until I pointed it out. Was also insistent that they showed me what they had scanned for the section that jammed.
I went to the VFS centre today to get the docs scanned and uploaded. I was there about 3 hours (They offered other services and booked apps they were dealing with at the same time). They had a scanner in a separate room and couldn’t show me on the computer what shows as uploaded (data protection apparently) and just assured me that everything I have gave was scanned and they checked it all went through got a receipt and ref number for it. I was told no confirmation from VFS about the upload or how long it takes to show up. I logged in and not showing on my VFS account whereas when I previously uploaded the documents myself they showed up straight away.

Has anyone been able to view theirs on their account or manage to get any further update regarding this?

Kimn

Post by Kimn » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:31 pm

KristianDLloyd wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:39 pm
Kimn wrote:
Fizzy513 wrote:
KristianDLloyd wrote:

Kristian

I went to the VFS centre today to get the docs scanned and uploaded. I was there about 3 hours (They offered other services and booked apps they were dealing with at the same time). They had a scanner in a separate room and couldn’t show me on the computer what shows as uploaded (data protection apparently) and just assured me that everything I have gave was scanned and they checked it all went through got a receipt and ref number for it. I was told no confirmation from VFS about the upload or how long it takes to show up. I logged in and not showing on my VFS account whereas when I previously uploaded the documents myself they showed up straight away.

Has anyone been able to view theirs on their account or manage to get any further update regarding this?

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:38 pm

Can you only use vfs global centres if you register for commercial partner? What happens if I don't register? Do I have to post the documents instead? Thanks

Application is submitted from pakistan

Kimn

Post by Kimn » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:49 pm

Fizzy513 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:38 pm
Can you only use vfs global centres if you register for commercial partner? What happens if I don't register? Do I have to post the documents instead? Thanks

Did you apply using visa4uk or Access UK? As far as I know visa4uk you have to take it to VFS For scanning and Access UK you can do either but most people have trouble uploading on the website myself included (only half of docs uploaded then kept coming up with errors).
You cannot post to Sheffield anymore

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:52 pm

Kimn wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:49 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:

Did you apply using visa4uk or Access UK? As far as I know visa4uk you have to take it to VFS For scanning and Access UK you can do either but most people have trouble uploading on the website myself included (only half of docs uploaded then kept coming up with errors).

Hi thanks for replying. I applied using visa4uk. On the biometrics email it asks to bring copies at the centre. Then underneath it states all Pakistan supporting docs need to be posted so I'm confused. I haven't registered for commercial partner. I want to buy the keep my passport option but the site is so confusing. Do you think she can purchase at the centre instead?

The email I received is below (part of it)
All Pakistan settlement applicants. You or your representative/sponsor must send a completed application package within 2 weeks of enrolling your biometrics (not before) to: UKVI International, PO Box 5852, Sheffield, S11 0FX. This should include a stamped, self-addressed envelope or prepaid return self-addressed courier envelope to return any original UK documents, GWF reference, 1 printed copy of the application form, photo and all additional supporting documents

Kimn

Post by Kimn » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:23 pm

Fizzy513 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:52 pm
Kimn wrote:
Fizzy513 wrote:

Hi thanks for replying. I applied using visa4uk. On the biometrics email it asks to bring copies at the centre. Then underneath it states all Pakistan supporting docs need to be posted so I'm confused. I haven't registered for commercial partner. I want to buy the keep my passport option but the site is so confusing. Do you think she can purchase at the centre instead?

All Pakistan settlement applicants. You or your representative/sponsor must send a completed application package within 2 weeks of enrolling your biometrics (not before) to: UKVI International, PO Box 5852, Sheffield, S11 0FX. This should include a stamped, self-addressed envelope or prepaid return self-addressed courier envelope to return any original UK documents, GWF reference, 1 printed copy of the application form, photo and all additional supporting documents
Ah ok sorry I’m just going by what I’ve read on the forum and people having their docs sent back and told to upload online. If your letter said to send it then follow that and worst case they’ll post it back to you and advise. Send it special or signed for delivery though and pre-paid one for them to send your docs back.

I think on the VFS website there was the option to pay a fee to keep your passport when I went in to book biometrics. But if you haven’t registered I’m not sure how you book the biometrics appointment. Unless she’s travelling anywhere does she need to keep it? You might be able to pay at the centre for that though.

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:51 pm

Kimn wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:23 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Kimn wrote:
Fizzy513 wrote:

Ah ok sorry I’m just going by what I’ve read on the forum and people having their docs sent back and told to upload online. If your letter said to send it then follow that and worst case they’ll post it back to you and advise. Send it special or signed for delivery though and pre-paid one for them to send your docs back.

I think on the VFS website there was the option to pay a fee to keep your passport when I went in to book biometrics. But if you haven’t registered I’m not sure how you book the biometrics appointment. Unless she’s travelling anywhere does she need to keep it? You might be able to pay at the centre for that though.

Hi thanks for replying. Will just post and see what happens. Like you said worst case they will just post it back hopefully and ask me to scan.

I haven't registered using commercial partner and it just doesn't work. My partner lives in Afghanistan but has to apply through Pakistan so she needs her passport to go back to Afghanistan as the centres are not open there and suggest to go to Pakistan. How can I pay for this on the vfs site?

Biometrics appointment was booked via visa4uk. Right after I paid the application fee and ihs payment.

Thanks

Kimn

Post by Kimn » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:59 pm

Fizzy513 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:51 pm
Kimn wrote:
Fizzy513 wrote:
Kimn wrote:

Hi thanks for replying. Will just post and see what happens. Like you said worst case they will just post it back hopefully and ask me to scan.

I haven't registered using commercial partner and it just doesn't work. My partner lives in Afghanistan but has to apply through Pakistan so she needs her passport to go back to Afghanistan as the centres are not open there and suggest to go to Pakistan. How can I pay for this on the vfs site?

Biometrics appointment was booked via visa4uk. Right after I paid the application fee and ihs payment.

Thanks
Yeah as long as you’re not in any rush although looking at people’s timelines previously I don’t think they took too long to post back. Which centre in Pakistan? I applied via Access and after submitting the form and paying IHS the gov site has a button to book biometrics then that redirected me to VFS site to book and pay for biometrics plus any add ons. I just checked and the option was on there to pay for keeping your passport. But I’m not sure with visa4uk were there any other options on there when you booked biometrics?

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:12 pm

Kimn wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:59 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Kimn wrote:
Fizzy513 wrote:

Thanks
Yeah as long as you’re not in any rush although looking at people’s timelines previously I don’t think they took too long to post back. Which centre in Pakistan? I applied via Access and after submitting the form and paying IHS the gov site has a button to book biometrics then that redirected me to VFS site to book and pay for biometrics plus any add ons. I just checked and the option was on there to pay for keeping your passport. But I’m not sure with visa4uk were there any other options on there when you booked biometrics?
I applied using visa4uk and applied in Islamabad. No option for add ons but I guess that's where register for commercial partner comes in. It's just so werid I can't create an account and when I do login it can't find my gwf reference. It's all really confusing. What's the difference between access uk? Does it also offer settlement visa I only saw appendix fm partner or family visa and decided not to use it as it was confusing. Thanks

Kimn

Post by Kimn » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:25 pm

Fizzy513 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:12 pm
Kimn wrote:
Fizzy513 wrote:
Kimn wrote:

Thanks
I applied using visa4uk and applied in Islamabad. No option for add ons but I guess that's where register for commercial partner comes in. It's just so werid I can't create an account and when I do login it can't find my gwf reference. It's all really confusing. What's the difference between access uk? Does it also offer settlement visa I only saw appendix fm partner or family visa and decided not to use it as it was confusing. Thanks
From what I’ve read on here Access UK is the new site but both websites are still in use. I selected Appendix FM.

Oh ok does it not recognise your reference number? I’ve booked for mirpur otherwise could have asked my husband to ask them, can still try?

Might be worth trying to read through old threads if you haven’t already

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:14 am

Kimn wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:25 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Kimn wrote:
Fizzy513 wrote:

Thanks
From what I’ve read on here Access UK is the new site but both websites are still in use. I selected Appendix FM.

Oh ok does it not recognise your reference number? I’ve booked for mirpur otherwise could have asked my husband to ask them, can still try?

Hi thanks for replying. I've checked so many old threads google searches and still no answer. My partners appointment is next Thursday. Would your husband be able to ask if he can pay at centre if his appointment is any sooner and let me know please.

It just won't let me do anything. I log in and it won't find says no data found. It's a really hard website to navigate.

Kimn

Post by Kimn » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:43 pm

Fizzy513 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:14 am
Kimn wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:25 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Kimn wrote:

Hi thanks for replying. I've checked so many old threads google searches and still no answer. My partners appointment is next Thursday. Would your husband be able to ask if he can pay at centre if his appointment is any sooner and let me know please.

It just won't let me do anything. I log in and it won't find says no data found. It's a really hard website to navigate.
He’s got his biometric appointment tomorrow so i’ve asked him to try and find out, will let you know.

It’s annoying how little info there is, even solicitors I’ve seen were unsure about the new process.