ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Th31nt
Newly Registered
Mood:
Myanmar

Getting Married

Post by Th31nt » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:39 pm

Hello All,

I hope you can help me.
So below is my situation.

I’ve came to UK in 2011 and switch to spouse visa category in 2013. I’m still on same spouse visa.
Unfortunately, I needed to go through divorce. We both agreed to sort out divorce first before informing UKVI so that everything is finished and we both can marry again.
I’ve heard that the home office will give maximum 3 months to consider to switch to another category or leave UK after I informed about my relationship is broken down.
I have new partner who is British and willing to marry me.
May I know if I can get married within the time frame that Home office give?
If not, we are thinking about going for fiancé visa applying from outside of UK.
I have a look at FLR LR but unfortunately I’ve been in UK for only 8 years.
Thank you all

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Getting Married

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:46 pm

Why haven't you applied for ILR if you are pre July 2012 spouse visa holder??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Th31nt
Newly Registered
Mood:
Myanmar

Post by Th31nt » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:34 pm

Hi,
My ex got his limited leave to remain as refugee and when he applied ILR in 2016, I applied together with him as dependent but I’ve been refused as I haven’t fulfilled five years term on my FLR M. Then I applied my final term of FLR M with him but we didn’t work out as our relationship went south! 😔

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:35 pm

When does your current visa expire??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Th31nt
Newly Registered
Mood:
Myanmar

Post by Th31nt » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:42 pm

My current visa will expire on 5th Oct 2019.
My divorce case is at decree nisi. So I believe the case will finalised in around May or June 2019

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:02 pm

Your visa will be curtailed to 60 days only if it is valid for more than 60 days.

To marry in the UK, you are required to give 28 days notice at an HO approved registry office with your passports and your visa. The Registry office then informs HO about your intention to marry and this notice period could be extended to 70 days for HO to investigate and / or interview each of you separately, before they give permission (or not) for your to marry.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Th31nt
Newly Registered
Mood:
Myanmar

Post by Th31nt » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:16 pm

I’m thinking of letting Home office know about my previous relationship after I got my divorce certificate which mean I will have 60 days after I let them know. I believe they will reply me with letter about it. Do I need to show the letter to registery office alongside with my divorce certificate and all requirements?

Th31nt
Newly Registered
Mood:
Myanmar

Post by Th31nt » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:41 pm

If we get permission from Home Office to get married, do I have to apply FLR M with new partner within UK or outside of UK
Thank you so much for you help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:42 pm

Th31nt wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:41 pm
If we get permission from Home Office to get married, do I have to apply FLR M with new partner within UK or outside of UK
Thank you so much for you help
You can apply within the UK for FLR(M) once you are married and before your current visa expires or curtailment date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Th31nt
Newly Registered
Mood:
Myanmar

Post by Th31nt » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:33 pm

Hello,

Sorry about very late reply as I’ve been busy with court for divorce . I completed my decree nisi wrong 😔

Just worried. After everything is done (divorce with my first partner) will Letting know HO late about my previous relationship broke down be issue when we give notice to registery or even apply new FLR M

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:48 pm

Th31nt wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:33 pm
Hello,

Sorry about very late reply as I’ve been busy with court for divorce . I completed my decree nisi wrong 😔

Just worried. After everything is done (divorce with my first partner) will Letting know HO late about my previous relationship broke down be issue when we give notice to registery or even apply new FLR M

Thank you
HO will more likely extend the notice or intervene the ceremony for further checks & investigations
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Th31nt
Newly Registered
Mood:
Myanmar

Post by Th31nt » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:50 am

Thank you for your reply.

I hope everything will go smoothly.

Will update the result and everything later on

Th100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR M married or unmarried

Post by Th100 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:29 am

Hi all,

I have no idea what happened to my previous account as I can’t log in or request new password anymore. 😔
Anyway I will explain everything back again and I hope all you can help.

Arrive U.K. 2011 tier 4. Switch to spouse FLR M in 2013 with a person who has limited leave to remain as refugee. Tried to switch to indefinite leave when he applied in 2016 but got refuse saying I haven’t full filled my 5 years FLR M. Now I’m going through divorce process with him. Unfortunately the process is taking ages!! I have British partner who is willing to marry me. We’ve been dating for over 2 years but didn’t live together as we both had job in different city. However, we have visited each other every weekend and travelled together. Visited to his family in France as that’s where they live now and visited to my country together as well. We have all proof of travel and everything.
My visa will be expire in Oct first week and my divorce is not finalised yet therefore we can’t give notice to get married! I have changed all my address and we put our names together in utilities just in case although I haven’t started living yet. I will try to move there and travel to my work everyday if I can later.
My question is can we eligible for unmarried ?

We are thinking about applying fiancé from my country if the divorce couldn’t finished. But if we can apply with unmarried, it will save time and also flight ticket fee.

Thank you for reading and I’ll be waiting the reply! 🙂🙂

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR M married or unmarried

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:32 am

Th100 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:29 am
Hi all,

I have no idea what happened to my previous account as I can’t log in or request new password anymore. 😔
Useful to state what your previous username was otherwise how are we supposed to know :idea: :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Th100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Th100 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:03 pm

Hi CR001,

My previous username was Th31nt. I tried to contact admin as well. I didn’t get any reply. 😔

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:06 pm

Th100 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:03 pm
Hi CR001,

My previous username was Th31nt. I tried to contact admin as well. I didn’t get any reply. 😔
Admin doesn't respond to emails or the day to running of the forum, they are based in Latvia.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:16 pm

Topics merged.

It is a mandatory requirement tfor an unmarried partner visa to live together for 2 years minimum in a relationship akin to marriage. There is no discretion on this. You have to submit substantial evidence for 2 years. I expect an unmarried partner visa will be heavily scrutinised due to you both living in different cities.

Your ex partner or you should have informed HO about the relationship break down when it occurred. There is a form that has to be completed for this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Th100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Th100 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:35 pm

Hi CR001,

I know the forum. I’m thinking of doing when I get my decree absolute.
I submit my divorce not my ex partner. By U.K. divorce law, I need to domicile in U.K. to apply at U.K. court. Due to that reason , I haven’t filled the form yet. My ex partner agrees to do that as well coz he doesn’t wanna pay any penny for a divorce!
I know unmarried application will have more chances of getting refused but wanna think all possible option.
We met financial and I graduated in U.K. so I don’t have problem with language requirements as well.
We are also geniue couple as well.
Do you think I should apply Fiancé back from my country ? As my country is not that developed and everything is in cash,I just worries about payment of application and online application form 😔

Th100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Th100 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:25 pm

Hello all,

Just want to clarify about fiancé route.

I need to apply outside of U.K. do they ask my partner passport or ID with application ? If so, how do I submit it? Do I have to bring my partner passport with me when I go back to my country and apply from my country ?

Thank you all

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:26 pm

I need to apply outside of U.K. do they ask my partner passport or ID with application ?
Yes.
If so, how do I submit it? Do I have to bring my partner passport with me when I go back to my country and apply from my country ?

They accept copies.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Th100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Th100 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:28 am

Hello,

I’m preparing all documents for my fiancé visa in Oct and I hope if you could advise me incase i need more documents.

Regarding about my partner, we have his British passport copy . I’m thinking of getting certified copy stamp from post office U.K.

For finance requirements,

Six months payslip of my partner. Six months bank statements of my partner and reference letter from his employer confirming his contract type, salary and how long he has been working for.

For English requirements,
My degree certificate from one of the university in England.

Proof of relationship akin to marriage,
Cover letter from one of my friends in U.K. confirming about our relationship also one from his friends.
Utilities bills in joints name while I was in U.K.
Tendency agreement in both name to prove the accommodation.
Photos of us with both of families.
Travel arrangements for all the holiday we had been together.

My decree absolute as the proof of I’m free to marry.

Will all those be enough?
I think I don’t need TB test as fiancé visa is six months and I’ve been living in U.K. for eight years. If I’m right, fiancé visa doesn’t need to pay immigration health charges. Am I right ?

Thank you very much for al your time and help

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:18 am

Th100 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:28 am
Hello,

I’m preparing all documents for my fiancé visa in Oct and I hope if you could advise me incase i need more documents.

Regarding about my partner, we have his British passport copy . I’m thinking of getting certified copy stamp from post office U.K.

For finance requirements,

Six months payslip of my partner. Six months bank statements of my partner and reference letter from his employer confirming his contract type, salary and how long he has been working for.

For English requirements,
My degree certificate from one of the university in England.

Proof of relationship akin to marriage,
Cover letter from one of my friends in U.K. confirming about our relationship also one from his friends.
Utilities bills in joints name while I was in U.K.
Tendency agreement in both name to prove the accommodation.
Photos of us with both of families.
Travel arrangements for all the holiday we had been together.

My decree absolute as the proof of I’m free to marry.

Will all those be enough?
I think I don’t need TB test as fiancé visa is six months and I’ve been living in U.K. for eight years. If I’m right, fiancé visa doesn’t need to pay immigration health charges. Am I right ?

Thank you very much for al your time and help
Why have you registered another user name :?:
member/Th31nt/
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:21 am

Casa wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:18 am
Why have you registered another user name :?:
member/Th31nt/
CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:32 am
Th100 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:29 am
Hi all,

Useful to state what your previous username was otherwise how are we supposed to know :idea: :idea:
Th100 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:03 pm
Hi CR001,

Char (CR001 not Casa)

Th100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Th100 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:58 pm

Hi All,

It’s good new! My decree nisi has been accepted and I can apply decree absolute in end of June.
Therefore, I can go back to my original plan of us getting married within UK.
I moved in with my new partner and changed all my address and added my name on all utilities bills, however, I do stay at my friend house for most weekday as I can’t find a new job in same town yet.
If I give notice to home office about my divorce with my ex partner in end of July.
Would you think I can marry my new partner ? M

Thank you so much for all your help and reply.

Th100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Th100 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:09 am

Hello all,

I would like to ask one question.
If I get married within my visa curtailment, will my application still be valid ?

Immigration status requirements
E-LTRP.2.1. The applicant must not be in the UK-

(a) as a visitor; or
(b) with valid leave granted for a period of 6 months or less, unless that leave is as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, or was granted pending the outcome of family court or divorce proceedings

Will I be counted as my status is not valid to proceed ? Will fiancé be the best choice for me?

Thanks