ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Company Director -Financial Requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

biggybountz

Family Visa (Wife)

Post by biggybountz » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:38 pm

Hello People,

I will appreciate your helps with the following please.

I have a UK Permanent Residence, I live in the UK and want to make application for my wife who is Nigerian and presently lives in Nigeria to join me in the UK. I just needed to clarify two things

- Are we right to be applying for the Spousal Visa (which gives 2.5years), because i understand there is another family visa that gives 5years ?
- Will the application be done from Nigeria by my wife or UK by myself ?
- At what point am i meant to send my documents to Sheffield?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Family Visa (Wife)

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:47 pm

When and where did you get married?

Are you divorced from your EU spouse and if so when did you divorce?
- Are we right to be applying for the Spousal Visa (which gives 2.5years), because i understand there is another family visa that gives 5years ?
She needs 2 x 2.5 year visas before she can apply for ILR/PR, so there is only a 5 year route but it is two 2.5 year block visas.
- Will the application be done from Nigeria by my wife or UK by myself ?
Nigeria.
- At what point am i meant to send my documents to Sheffield?
You have to follow the instructions of the online system.

Do you meet the financial requirement?

She also needs English A test and TB test.

You also need to prove you have adequate accommodation.

Visa fee is £1523 plus the £1200 Immigration health surcharge.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

biggybountz

Post by biggybountz » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:47 pm

Thank you CR001

When and where did you get married?

Got married in Nigeria, December 2018

I work as director of limited company and i will be using a combination of income (Salary - £12k & Dividend - £10K) for financial year April 2018 - April 2019. This is combination of P60/Payslip/Dividend slips and CT600. And then i can show contracts of work/business account statement to show that this activity is ongoing from last financial year April 2019 to point of application. Is this sufficient?

She also needs English A test and TB test: In regards to this, we have applied for UK Naric comparability test because she has an undergraduate degree taught in English from Nigeria. Is this Okay?

You also need to prove you have adequate accommodation: In regards to this, I own a house in the UK which I live in by myself. I can provide a mortgage statement and utility bills. Is this sufficient, do i need to do a house report?

Visa fee is £1523 plus the £1200 Immigration health surcharge.: yes i am now aware of this thanks.
Thanks for you quick response
Last edited by biggybountz on Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:02 pm

CR001 wrote:
??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:03 pm

I work as director of limited company and i will be using a combination of income (Salary & Dividend) for financial year April 2018 - April 2019. This is combination of P60/Payslip/Dividend slips and CT600. And then i can show contracts of work/business account statement to show that this activity is ongoing from last financial year April 2019 to point of application. Is this sufficient?
You will need to read Appendix 1.7 carefully to make sure you submit all the necessary documents covering 12 months.
She also needs English A test and TB test: In regards to this, we have applied for UK Naric comparability test because she has an undergraduate degree taught in English from Nigeria. Is this Okay?
Did you do the UK NARIC UKVI Red Route, English and Comparable assessment? Costs about £150.
You also need to prove you have adequate accommodation: In regards to this, I own a house in the UK which I live in by myself. I can provide a mortgage statement and utility bills. Is this sufficient, do i need to do a house report?
Should be fine. Housing report not required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

biggybountz

Post by biggybountz » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:02 pm
CR001 wrote:

Yes - Feb 2017
??

biggybountz

Post by biggybountz » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:14 pm

[quote=CR001 post_id=1796591 time=1561475024 user_id=70994]

You will need to read Appendix 1.7 carefully to make sure you submit all the necessary documents covering 12 months. Okay, I have been reading this but very challenging to wrap the head around. More straightforward for employees

Did you do the UK NARIC UKVI Red Route, English and Comparable assessment? Costs about £150. Yes - £150, the UK Visa/Nationality Route

Cheers

biggybountz

Spouse Visa - Inflated/Wrong IHS Fee

Post by biggybountz » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:23 pm

Hi Guys

I am making application for wife spousal Visa, I understand the IHS fee should be £1200 for 2.5years.

However, it has come up with $5200 instead of £1200.

I am the sponsor, I am not a British citizen yet. The page has asked me to include my Visa expiry date as the sponsor. I think it may have automatically included my visa as the sponsor in the calculation.

I have attempted this application twice and it comes up with the same wrong amount. Means I keep having to start the application all over. I am yet to pay.

Please does anyone know a way around this?

What can i do to rectify this fee?

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa - Inflated/Wrong IHS Fee

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:28 pm

Just give 3 years of expiry date of your ILR/PR to calculate the correct IHS.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

biggybountz

Post by biggybountz » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:32 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:28 pm
Hmm Thanks. Does that mean I have to pay for 3 years as the sponsor while my spouse also pays for her own 2.5 years spousal visa. I believe I am not meant to pay as a PR holder/sponsor

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:34 pm

biggybountz wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:32 pm
seagul wrote:
Hmm Thanks. Does that mean I have to pay for 3 years as the sponsor while my spouse also pays for her own 2.5 years spousal visa. I believe I am not meant to pay as a PR holder/sponsor

Thanks
No!! Only the applicant applying abroad pays. Only the applicant applies for a visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

biggybountz

Post by biggybountz » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:34 pm
biggybountz wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:32 pm
seagul wrote:

Thanks
No!! Only the applicant applying abroad pays. Only the applicant applies for a visa.
Yeah CR001, thats what i believe it should be. But the moment i put my PR visa expiry date, it populates a costs for me i believe. Shall I just ignore putting my expiry date. If i put 3 years like Segul suggested, u think it is going to populate a 3years cost for me in addition to the 2.5years for the applicant?

how do you advise i get around it?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:44 pm

Put expiry date 3 years from now. You as the sponsor do not pay IHS.

IHS for initial visa is £1200 ,(£400 X 3).

What form are you completing exactly??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

biggybountz

Post by biggybountz » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:44 pm
Put expiry date 3 years from now. You as the sponsor do not pay IHS.

IHS for initial visa is £1200 ,(£400 X 3).

What form are you completing exactly??
I am completing the form from (https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse) for a spouse visa.I have chosen the 'Appendix FM Partner' option.

biggybountz

Spouse Visa - Company Director -Financial Requirement

Post by biggybountz » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:04 pm

Hi Guys

Appreciate the responses on my previous post which have been helpful. Just one more huddle to cross please.

I work Self employed, Director of limited company. I have earned £12000 in Salaries & £10000 in dividends for the last financial year. Unaudited account/Payslips and dividend vouchers shows this.

However, my worry is some of these earnings I have not directly transferred them into my personal bank statement as I have been in control of my business bank account, and been taking the money out at my convenience and also transferred to accounts/ Credit Card accounts I am unable to now document.

1 - Implication of this is my personal bank statement for the CT600 period does not reflect a sum of £22,000. but does show that I have been receiving income. Will this be an issues if money doesn't sum up to £22K in personal account?

2- The transfers into my personal account is in the payment reference 'Expenses' as opposed to dividends or Salary. Will this be an issue?

Please I will appreciate your insights on this.

Thank you.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa - Company Director -Financial Requirement

Post by rmkirfan » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:27 pm

1. Can be issue, generally evidence transferring Salary and dividends from business to current accounts and shall match pay slips and dividend vouchers.

2.Ref as 'expenses' might confuse ECO , can explain in covering letter though.

But if you have declared in CT600, accountant letter might help..

Overall sounds risky, worth seeking professional advise.