ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport issue re UK spouse visa from Bangladesh

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

just jak
Mood:

Passport issue re UK spouse visa from Bangladesh

Post by just jak » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:09 pm

Hi

I'm helping with the UK spouse visa application for my brother's wife. She will be applying from Sylhet, Bangladesh in the first week of August and we're hoping she can make it to a family member's wedding here in the UK on 27 October. I know, it's a very tight timeline. Fingers crossed!

We've started completing the online application but have hit a snag with the following:

1. She received her renewed Bangladesh passport yesterday but the DIP didn't amend her biodata even though she provided her spouse details when requesting the renewal. Does anyone know if it's mandatory for the spouse details to be added?

2. The start date of her passport will be the start date on her renewed passport, right? The reason I ask is because when my ex applied for an Indian tourist visa from Bangladesh a few years ago, it was rejected because we had put the start date of the renewed passport, not the start date of his first passport. I'm sure the UK aint fussy like that but thought I'd ask as I don't want to mess up the application.

3. If evidence is submitted online, where do you show the originals? Some of the documents are in the UK and others are in Bangladesh. Can some be submitted in UK and some at the VAC in Sylhet? The original marriage certificate (in Bengali) is in Bangladesh but the notorised version is in the UK.

4. Does the application need to have the original signature of the applicant, or will a scanned copy of the signed page suffice?

5. Does the applicant need to show how she financially supports herself in Bangladesh?

6. Am I right in thinking that only the IHS fee can be paid online and the visa fee has to be paid at the VAC?

7. The wedding invitation card is in Bengali - as its supplementary evidence would it be ok to submit it without a notorised translation, or is it best to omit it?

8. Does the passport copy of the British spouse need to be notorised? It did before but not sure if this has changed now.

Sorry for the long post but would appreciate any and all advice.

Thanks

just jak
Mood:

Re: Passport issue re UK spouse visa from Bangladesh

Post by just jak » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:45 am

just jak wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:09 pm
Hi

I'm helping with the UK spouse visa application for my brother's wife. She will be applying from Sylhet, Bangladesh in the first week of August and we're hoping she can make it to a family member's wedding here in the UK on 27 October. I know, it's a very tight timeline. Fingers crossed!

We've started completing the online application but have hit a snag with the following:

1. She received her renewed Bangladesh passport yesterday but the DIP didn't amend her biodata even though she provided her spouse details when requesting the renewal. Does anyone know if it's mandatory for the spouse details to be added?

2. The start date of her passport will be the start date on her renewed passport, right? The reason I ask is because when my ex applied for an Indian tourist visa from Bangladesh a few years ago, it was rejected because we had put the start date of the renewed passport, not the start date of his first passport. I'm sure the UK aint fussy like that but thought I'd ask as I don't want to mess up the application.

3. If evidence is submitted online, where do you show the originals? Some of the documents are in the UK and others are in Bangladesh. Can some be submitted in UK and some at the VAC in Sylhet? The original marriage certificate (in Bengali) is in Bangladesh but the notorised version is in the UK.

4. Does the application need to have the original signature of the applicant, or will a scanned copy of the signed page suffice?

5. Does the applicant need to show how she financially supports herself in Bangladesh?

6. Am I right in thinking that only the IHS fee can be paid online and the visa fee has to be paid at the VAC?

7. The wedding invitation card is in Bengali - as its supplementary evidence would it be ok to submit it without a notorised translation, or is it best to omit it?

8. Does the passport copy of the British spouse need to be notorised? It did before but not sure if this has changed now.

Sorry for the long post but would appreciate any and all advice.

Thanks

just jak
Mood:

Post by just jak » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:30 pm

Hi guys

I know I'm asking several questions but would really appreciate some answers.

Thanks

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:05 pm

Hey, I'm not an expert but I've recently applied for the spouse visa. I must say it was rejected for the English Test :roll: , however the financial and relationship requirements did pass, so I'll tell you what I know about some of the points you have written down and what I did.

just jak wrote:
If the renewed passport is the one that your sister in law will use for the UKVI application, this is the only one that matters (including starting-ending date, etc). They will only ask her for the previous passport number IF she has visited the UK previously with this former passport. But that's it, they won't ask you for further details of previous passports.

just jak wrote:
What my husband and I did, was that he posted to me ALL the original documents to my home country (financial bank statements, translations, etc), so I can have them during the appointment. There are two ways to submit the application. One is to go to the visa centre and they will scan and submit the documents online to Sheffield, but you must take copies or original documents with you to the appointment (that's what we did). The other option is to scan and upload them yourself.

just jak wrote:
The sponsor (your brother) MUST arrange all the financial part, as this part of the visa relies on his finances: there's a minimum income that he must surpass, bank statements, payslips, be employed for at least 6 months in the same place, etc. Does he have all of that?

just jak wrote:
For a wedding invitation, they don't need a notarised translation (but you must add a translation). What I did, was submit an english version of my wedding invitation made by me.

just jak wrote:
Yes, it must be notarised. There are two options: or they submit the British spouse's passport in the application or they notarised ALL the pages of that passport, even the blank ones.

I hope this helps you.

just jak
Mood:

Post by just jak » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:20 pm

Thank you Juane08 - that was helpful :)

My brother has a good job and pay is over £19K so no issues there. He hasn't sent money to his wife for daily expenses so just wondered if this was an issue. He has only sent money for Eid and other big occasions. She lives with her parents and they take care of general expenses.

We're hoping to upload the scanned documents ourselves but if we did this, how does UKVI verify the originals? Did they look at your originals at the appointment?

P.S. Hope your next application is successful.