ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting time after giving notice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Huge_Euge
Newly Registered
Russia

Waiting time after giving notice

Post by Huge_Euge » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:40 pm

Hello,

I am a Russian citizen in the uk on a tier 4 visa (still valid for more than a year). My partner is a British citizen. We have given notice today at the registry office. I’m wondering in what cases is the waiting period usually extended to 70 days? We would ideally like to get married in early autumn (while the weather is still nice) and in that case my family and friends in Russia have to start applying for visitors visas so they can attend the ceremony and the celebration, but if the waiting time is extended to 70 days we might have to significantly change our plans. So I’m wondering how likely is it if I have a long and clean immigration record? The only thing that worries me is that there was a slight confusion at the registry office because We used to live together at my fiancé’s house from September until January, but then also started renting my own room elsewhere, even though we were still together because I needed more space for my studio. Then 3 weeks ago I moved back to his house. When I was asked how long I’ve been living at the address I said 2-3 weeks, and handed over my 3 months bank statements which have been in my partners address since September because I didn’t fee the need to change my billing address as I’ve been spending half of my time at that house anyway. So the registrar must have got me wrong and made a note of me stating that I’ve been at the address for 3 months. Then when it was my fiancé’s turn to be interviewed he also said I’ve been there for 3 weeks, and the registrar perceived it as a discrepancy. He also mentioned my billing address being his house, and I have later clarified the situation to the registrar and she changed that information on the forms, but could this be a reason for home office to extend the waiting period? Thank you