ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M Family Rout Over Stayed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ibimalik

FLR M Family Rout Over Stayed

Post by ibimalik » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:35 pm

Hi all,

I Have got ILR in 2018 from long residency but I kept my wife visa status same as my dependent from my previous status as Trier 1 Entrepreneur and was valid until 24 July 2019.

I kept everything ready for her to apply for FLR M (Family Route) like a financial requirement, English requirement, and cohabitation, etc.

I just put my self in trouble by ignoring my wife's visa validity date which was 24 July 2019 by mistake. I have realized this on 26 July 2019 and apply on that date and got the appoint from Sopra Steria 31 July 2019 for documents submission. I have been told by some legal adviser that I am still safe because 14 days goos reason rule ( I got the sick note from GP send with application)can still save me.

I am very stressed at the moment as I always kept my thing up to date and ready with good documents every time before any extension.

I have two children the British NAtional.

Can someone advise me what else I can add to make my wife application successful and get a quick decision?

Experts, please help

Casa

Re: FLR M Family Rout Over Stayed

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:39 pm

Why did you choose not to switch your wife's visa category to FLR(M) when you were granted ILR under Long Residence in 2018? Switching will re-set your wife's immigration residence to zero, putting her on a new 5 year path to settlement (ILR).

She may now be put on a 10 year route to settlement (2.5 years x 4) under the FLR(FP) Partner route due the late submission of her FLR(M) application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ibimalik

Post by ibimalik » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:27 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:39 pm
Why did you choose not to switch your wife's visa category to FLR(M) when you were granted ILR under Long Residence in 2018? Switching will re-set your wife's immigration residence to zero, putting her on a new 5 year path to settlement (ILR).

She may now be put on a 10 year route to settlement (2.5 years x 4) under the FLR(FP) Partner route due the late submission of her FLR(M) application.
The reason why I have not applied for her before because she travelled to back home in January 2019 and came back to the UK in June 2019

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:14 pm

Your wife was fortunate not to have experienced problems re-entering the UK when you had been granted ILR under long residence. The advice generally is not to travel outside of the UK until the FLR(M) visa has been issued.

Your legal advisor is optimistic that the late date of the application will be overlooked, but as your wife is the applicant I doubt that your own illness will carry much weight as the reason for the oversight. Your wife is responsible for submitting the application on time.

I hope I'm wrong. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ibimalik

Post by ibimalik » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:49 am

Casa wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:14 pm
Your wife was fortunate not to have experienced problems re-entering the UK when you had been granted ILR under long residence. The advice generally is not to travel outside of the UK until the FLR(M) visa has been issued.

Your legal advisor is optimistic that the late date of the application will be overlooked, but as your wife is the applicant I doubt that your own illness will carry much weight as the reason for the oversight. Your wife is responsible for submitting the application on time.

I hope I'm wrong. :|
I didn't knew about that she can't travel until change the visa type. Thanks for the help.

ibimalik

Post by ibimalik » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:52 am

Can some please help me by sharing a cover letter in which I can explain situation and try avoid refusal, or any delay or FLR FP.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:46 pm

There is no template cover letter!!! Simply state your circumstances etc.

There isn't much you can do to avoid a refusal if HO is going to refuse. A delay is almost certain too as she applied out of time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:11 pm

ibimalik wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:52 am
Can some please help me by sharing a cover letter in which I can explain situation and try avoid refusal, or any delay or FLR FP.
Definitely write a letter to explain your circumstances, tell them you have kids... Try to go under the compassionate angle. Because what you are trying to avoid here is they ask her to go back home and apply from outside the UK as she has no right to reside in the UK at the moment. So she is legally not entitled to apply from here but from her home country. Considering that she spent 6 months in her home country this year, they will see no issue for her going back there to apply from the Embassy. It's pain, that why you have to try to invoke some compassionate reason in the hope they will accept it.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:13 pm

ibimalik wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:52 am
Just write a simple covering letter and describe the reason of out of time application. Also attach your GP note. If that will not work then in worst case she will at least be granted with flrfp visa under 10 years of route. All of her previous visas will be counted towards ILR under 10 years of long residence.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

bambuzle
Newly Registered

Post by bambuzle » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:34 pm

hi! I'm on a same boat as your wife at the moment. any updates?