ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Posted documents for spouse visa --- need help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sixeven
Newly Registered

Posted documents for spouse visa --- need help

Post by sixeven » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:42 am

Hi
I recently applied for my spouse visa time line

Online application submitted : 13-05-2019
Biomatric in Lahore : 31-05-2019
Documents sent to Sheffield : 01-06-2019
Documents received (Royal mail tracking) : 03-06-2019

I have been told that i should have got them scanned and HO will return my documents, however its been over 2 months and HO has not send the documents back to me.
I have called them 3 times and every time i get told that they can't give me an update.
can someone advise me as what to do now?
I used a return special delivery envelope but a kind guy at post office charged me for it but never gave me the tracking number so i can't track return documents.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Posted documents for spouse visa --- need help

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:13 am

sixeven wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:42 am

I used a return special delivery envelope but a kind guy at post office charged me for it but never gave me the tracking number so i can't track return documents.
Your payment receipt will contain tracking reference number.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sixeven
Newly Registered

Post by sixeven » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:04 pm

Hi Seagul
thanks for your reply. It only contain one tracking envelope which was to send, This shows they have received the documents on 03/06/2019.
I don't have any tracking number for the return envelop, Imagine paying £26 for one bag and post office guy did not give the tracking number. when i went back and asked him he just shrugs his shoulders and that's about it.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:35 pm

sixeven wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:04 pm
Hi Seagul
thanks for your reply. It only contain one tracking envelope which was to send, This shows they have received the documents on 03/06/2019.
I don't have any tracking number for the return envelop, Imagine paying £26 for one bag and post office guy did not give the tracking number. when i went back and asked him he just shrugs his shoulders and that's about it.
I suspect he might not have scanned the returning envelope and due to having no prepaid envelope the HO is delaying to return your documents. But other than waiting nothing else you can do and it may also be possible that they have considered your documents because according to few members the last date was 31st July when after this date they will totally don't want to see documents through post.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

OlaSim
Mood:

Post by OlaSim » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:46 pm

sixeven wrote:
Hi

I have been told that i should have got them scanned and HO will return my documents, however its been over 2 months and HO has not send the documents back to me.
I have called them 3 times and every time i get told that they can't give me an update.
Hello Sixeven,

Don’t fret, you should receive your document hopefully soon.
I’m still waiting for mine after sending on the 23/05/19 with a prepaid package as well (to have documents sent).

sixeven
Newly Registered

Post by sixeven » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:52 pm

Hello
Thanks for your reply guys.
I did included a return envelope which was already paid and scanned with the ref number so they must have the return envelope.
Best of luck Olasim.

OlaSim
Mood:

Post by OlaSim » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:10 pm

sixeven wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:52 pm
Hello
Thanks for your reply guys.
I did included a return envelope which was already paid and scanned with the ref number so they must have the return envelope.
Best of luck Olasim.
No need to worry if you have that then they definitely (hopefully) will send it back.
As long as you’ve attached copies of original documents to be sent back because on the checklist it says only Marriage Certificates would be sent unless you attach copies of orig. docs you want back.

sixeven
Newly Registered

Post by sixeven » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:16 pm

I have send them all originals and a set of copies.

OlaSim
Mood:

Post by OlaSim » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:51 pm

sixeven wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:16 pm
I have send them all originals and a set of copies.
Be rest assured you will get them back.
I’m sure of it :)

sixeven
Newly Registered

Post by sixeven » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:57 pm

I hope so...
Stress levels are high.

sixeven
Newly Registered

Post by sixeven » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:37 am

Hi All
Sent an email to HO and received a reply today stating a decision has been made.
I am yet to get my documents back and they have made a decision, Hoping its granted.
Can anyone shed some light on this please.
Thanks
sixeven wrote:
Hi

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:07 pm

sixeven wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:37 am
Hi All
Sent an email to HO and received a reply today stating a decision has been made.
I am yet to get my documents back and they have made a decision, Hoping its granted.
Can anyone shed some light on this please.
Thanks
sixeven wrote:
Hi

More likely they have processed your case without asking you to resend them your documents by scanning because you applied before 31st July.

sixeven
Newly Registered

Post by sixeven » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:44 am

Hi all

I have recieved an email from vfsgolbal which says
'' The processed visa application for GWF******* was received at the UK visa Application center on 19/08/2019.

Does this mean they will contact us for collection?

just jak
Mood:

Post by just jak » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:55 am

From other posts I've read, people waited for the VAC to contact them. But if you have a way of contacting the VAC, then you should just in case they don't call you.

I hope it's good news for you :)

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:18 pm

sixeven wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:44 am
Hi all

I have recieved an email from vfsgolbal which says
'' The processed visa application for GWF******* was received at the UK visa Application center on 19/08/2019.

Does this mean they will contact us for collection?
Hi Keep us updated as to whether they actually contact you or whether this email is basically saying you need to collect. Goodluck!!