ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of cohabitation - Spouse Visa Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

olotus
Newly Registered

Proof of cohabitation - Spouse Visa Extension

Post by olotus » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:08 am

Greetings to everyone
My spouse is in the process of extending her visa under spouse visa category, spouse visa expires October 2019. Since my spouse move to the UK in February 2017, we have moved to three different properties and had two children now who are both British citizens. I am trying to provide proof of cohabitation and will need help with following questions :
1. Property A : January 2017 - August 2017
Proof of cohabitation : joint name one on electricity bill and the other water ( note I can't find original bill but had ask utility companies to send it to me, bill posted to me with current address but referenced to property A) can I use these as a proof of cohabitation in that period?
2. Property B : August 2017 - August 2018
Proof of cohabitation : joint name on electricity bill, council tax, tenancy agreement, water bill, individual names on bank statements, spouse hospital appointments, spouse doctor appointment.
Bills with joint name will be sent to our current address but referenced to property B, will that be a problem?
3 Property C : August 2018 - to date
Proof of Cohabitation : joint name on council tax, electricity bill ( same electricity company as property b) water bill, broadband bill, tenancy agreement, individual names on bank statements, spouse doctor appointments, hospital appointments.
How many do we need from each property as joint or individuals or a combination of individuals and both to proof cohabitation ( note electricity providers for both properties B and C are the same)

Please the moderators also send me the link for dates application calculator

Many thanks for all your help

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Proof of cohabitation - Spouse Visa Extension

Post by seagul » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:40 pm

The cohabitation evidences need to cover the last 2 years through 6 (if joint named) or 12 (individual named) or mix n match documents from all addresses/properties at wherever both partner kept living.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

olotus
Newly Registered

Post by olotus » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:13 am

Thanks for your quick response, can you with this question then :
1. You did say mismatch the cohabitation document, we have live in two addresses in the past two years and we only have three documents each with same on each property and the documents are from the same utility supplier, different councils, can we combined theses three documents with three other individual documents to make it six
Thanks for your response

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:39 pm

Yes you can but also remember that any kind of document even other than the utility bills/bank statements if jointly/individually addressed can be used.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.